Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

A 22-year-old Scotsburn man was taken into custody shortly after 6am on Wednesday at his home by detectives.

He has now been charged.

He is understood to not be connected to the Murphy family.

snip

Samantha Murphy’s father, John ‘Pud’ Robson, said he had no idea of the alleged links between the arrested man and his daughter.
alleged links?? so theres a rumour?

This HS article says a bit more about what Mick had to say.

Reporters caught him as he was seen returning to the house just after midday.

(paraphrased)
He was relieved about the progress in the investigation, he has been cautioned by the police to not say anything further about the investigation, he asked the media to respect the privacy of the family, they are doing okay, they'll talk when it is time to talk.

Detectives in an unmarked car were seen at the house a bit later and went inside the house with Mick. (1:45pm).

This HS says a bit more about what Mick had to say.

Reporters caught him as he was seen returning to the house just after midday.

(paraphrased)
He was relieved about the progress in the investigation, he has been cautioned by the police to not say anything further about the investigation, he asked the media to respect the privacy of the family, they are doing okay, they'll talk when it is time to talk.

Detectives in an unmarked car were seen at the house a bit later and went inside the house with Mick. (1:45pm).

The poor family and the beautiful children

Damn, and just like that the reality sets in. This hits hard and I’m just a stranger, I cannot imagine what it has been, and is like for her family and loved ones.

So glad VicPol have their A-game in place, good on them.

Rest in peace Samantha

What an absolute tragedy

I had just looked at the list of appearances today in Ballarat (ETA: Magistrates), and must not be related to SM's case as the person arrested has been named now, but interesting/scary there are a number of names listed that have been in headlines for kidnapping, torture and rape in Ballarat!

That could be his dad, the footballer, Tigers....
I don't know how much we're going to be allowed to say here for now but according to several articles I found with a quick search the person you're talking about has a son with the same name of the man charged in Sam's murder who was 11 in 2013, making him 22 years old now.

I wonder if he acted alone or if others are involved?

Minimal info has been released.
If it was a "joint criminal enterprise" the other(s) will now be sweating bullets.

I found it "interesting" that Mr Murphy had not been informed of the imminent arrest?

Would Police have not informed him they were about to arrest someone before it went public. Unless.

Interesting what comes up when you google the name..

That could be his dad, the footballer, Tigers....

Yes, I am thinking the same.

Could be a son, there is an AFL article that says his youngest, P, would turn 12 soon ... the article is from 2013.
The alleged offender's middle name is very unusual and may well be his father's first name.

imo

ETA: I see Hestia has linked the article just above

Extremely tragic conclusion to a month of such dedicated searching and hoping from so many people. Huge condolences to Sam’s family and friends. Grateful thanks to police who have worked tirelessly around the clock to bring some closure to Sam’s loved ones and the community. Thanks to everyone who has contributed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member