CANADA Canada - Alison Mary Thomas, 26, Toronto, Ont, 27 Sept 1978

I found this picture of her on:

Give Me Hope, Bring Me Home

84723203_2558413777763164_2622750684432302080_n.jpg

She really looks very different from the other known picture.
Thanks so much, Bit of Hope!!

84723203_2558413777763164_2622750684432302080_n.jpg

There is so little out there about Alison. I don't understand....where was she living, who was her boyfriend at the time, was she working? Is there still family around?

Bringing up another picture of her. She looks totally different from the one we all know. She has a very strong chin, almost masculine.

I wonder why they assume a serial killer. Sad to hear that the police never reached out to her ex from Paris. I wish we had more info.

And yes, that photo looks so very different.

Allison was much taller than 5'6". I was 5'7" and she was probably around 5'10".

Added: 6-4-2008; Last Updated: 05-18-2022 - By: Htmlcnvtr

''2604DFON - Alison Mary Thomas​

Name: Alison Mary Thomas
Case Classification: Missing
Missing Since: September 27, 1978
Location Last Seen: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Physical Description​

Date of Birth: December 26, 1952
Race: White
Height: 5'6" (168 cm)
Weight: 120 lbs. (54 kg)
Hair Color: Blonde, long
Eye Color: Blue
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Slender build.

Identifiers​

Dentals: Good
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Blue, denim, calf length dress; White, heavy woolen cardigan, beige and blue rope style sandals.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance​

On the 27th of September 1978 Alison Thomas was visiting her boyfriend in Toronto Ontario.

Shortly after midnight she left his residence walking toward Yonge Street, Toronto.

Alison Thomas had indicated that she was going to get a taxi cab to take her to her residence but she never arrived.

An extensive investigation was conducted by the Toronto Police Service but Alison Thomas has not been seen or heard from since.''

Clipping Alison Mary Thomas.jpg

This is the only thing I could find in My Heritage, but maybe there are more paperclippings to find in Newspapers.com but you have to have a subscription I believe.

Ontario Cold Cases - The Podcast: Upcoming Episode! Marion McDowell

Ontario Cold Cases - The Podcast: Upcoming Episode! Marion McDowell

On the evening of Dec. 6, 1953, a bloodied 19-year-old James Wilson arrived at the Scarborough police station and reported his 17-year-old girlfriend Marion McDowell had been forcibly removed from his car by a masked bandit when they were parked in a secluded lover’s lane.

Wilson was immediately a suspect in this missing person case, but police soon determined his head wounds could not have been self-inflicted and the search was on for the amiable East York typist, and the man who abducted her that night.

No trace of Marion McDowell has ever been found.

63e8009610cee.image.jpg

''Mar 6, 2024 Ontario Cold Cases - The Podcast
Ontario Cold Cases - The Podcast: Upcoming Episode! Marion McDowellOn the evening of Dec. 6, 1953, a bloodied 19-year-old James Wilson arrived at the Scarborough police station and reported his 17-year-old girlfriend Marion McDowell had been forcibly removed from his car by a masked bandit when they were parked in a secluded lover’s lane.Wilson was immediately a suspect in this missing person case, but police soon determined his head wounds could not have been self-inflicted and the search was on for the amiable East York typist, and the man who abducted her that night.No trace of Marion McDowell has ever been found. ''

Ontario Cold Cases - The Podcast
Missing Person Alison Thomas

On September 28, 1978 Alison Mary Thomas was visiting her boyfriend in Toronto. Shortly after midnight she left his residence walking towards Yonge Street.

Alison Thomas had indicated that she was going to get a taxi cab to take her to her residence, but she never arrived.

An extensive investigation was conducted by Toronto Police, but to this day, Alison Thomas has not been seen or heard from since.

Ontario Cold Cases - The Podcast: Missing Person - Alison Thomas (Patreon)
Ontario Cold Cases - The Podcast: Missing Person - Alison Thomas (YouTube)

'' Dec 19, 2023 Ontario Cold Cases - The Podcast
On September 28, 1978 Alison Mary Thomas was visiting her boyfriend in Toronto. Shortly after midnight she left his residence walking towards Yonge Street.Alison Thomas had indicated that she was going to get a taxi cab to take her to her residence, but she never arrived. An extensive investigation was conducted by Toronto Police, but to this day, Alison Thomas has not been seen or heard from since.''
''Mar 6, 2024 Ontario Cold Cases - The Podcast
Ontario Cold Cases - The Podcast: Upcoming Episode! Marion McDowellOn the evening of Dec. 6, 1953, a bloodied 19-year-old James Wilson arrived at the Scarborough police station and reported his 17-year-old girlfriend Marion McDowell had been forcibly removed from his car by a masked bandit when they were parked in a secluded lover’s lane.Wilson was immediately a suspect in this missing person case, but police soon determined his head wounds could not have been self-inflicted and the search was on for the amiable East York typist, and the man who abducted her that night.No trace of Marion McDowell has ever been found. ''
Link meant to be on this thread..

'' Dec 19, 2023 Ontario Cold Cases - The Podcast
On September 28, 1978 Alison Mary Thomas was visiting her boyfriend in Toronto. Shortly after midnight she left his residence walking towards Yonge Street.Alison Thomas had indicated that she was going to get a taxi cab to take her to her residence, but she never arrived. An extensive investigation was conducted by Toronto Police, but to this day, Alison Thomas has not been seen or heard from since.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lhaithco
Back