AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe LE isn’t saying everything they know, but there are other possibilities.
Maybe 2 people walking a dog. I see them all the time with flashlights walking after dark. They may have even come forward after the video became public and said, “Hey, that was us.”
Maybe after enhancing the footage, LE was able to see these people return to their home or leave the vicinity without any interaction with Sebastian.
Maybe, Sebastian saw or heard these people with flashlights in the area from his window and went outside to see what was up and wandered off from there.
The thing is, we just don’t know at this point, but in way more cases than not, LE knows much more than they are telling us.
Exactly. Law enforcement aren’t under any obligation to inform media or the public of all they know or everything they are doing. They aren’t going to compromise an investigation simply because the public wants information. Let’s just hope that a break will be announced soon. Sadly because he’s been missing so long it’s very worrisome, but then again there may be unexpected good news.

Maybe, Sebastian saw or heard these people with flashlights in the area from his window and went outside to see what was up and wandered off from there.

That is an interesting idea. He loves his flashlight, and if he was able to see the people walking their dog with flashlights from his window, could have thought it seemed like a good idea to go do the same? But IDK if him deciding to do that in the middle of the night is realistic?

1710619906125.jpeg
They added there is not proof at this time that there is any criminal element involved in his disappearance. But also, there is not any proof that there is not a criminal element involved

View attachment 490977
They added there is not proof at this time that there is any criminal element involved in his disappearance. But also, there is not any proof that there is not a criminal element involved
So we know nothing. Basically.

I haven't kept up with all the details of this case. Did I read somewhere that the house was locked that morning?

If so, and Sebastian left of his own accord, it's assumed he locked the door behind him?

Apologies if this has already been discussed. I tried to read through the whole thread but I easily could have missed something.

I haven't kept up with all the details of this case. Did I read somewhere that the house was locked that morning?

If so, and Sebastian left of his own accord, it's assumed he locked the door behind him?

Apologies if this has already been discussed. I tried to read through the whole thread but I easily could have missed something.
I definitely remember reading that the door to the home was locked.

So we know nothing. Basically.
Yep… or, at least, we’re pretending to know nothing.
As I’ve internalized the update, it sounds eerily similar to the one they gave for Summer Wells. Almost like it’s a boilerplate. I really don’t like it.
It’s well within LE’s right to release nothing, but why not just say “ we’re working diligently behind the scenes and there are no updates at this time”? Making a whole FAQ page that says effectively nothing just gives me the ick. Like playing the public for fools, and that TBI is more focused on public perception than the case itself.
If there’s a strategy behind meaningless updates like this, I’d love to understand it.

Are there any interesting places to explore within walking distance of the house? Abandoned factories, old bridges, stuff like that? Because as an autistic person who was fifteen once I would have dearly loved to go exploring something like that.

I have a nasty feeling that the reason the "update" sounds like the one for Summer Wells is that it's a similar situation to Summer, in that they know (likely, IMOO) perfectly well who did it and can't prove any of it.
That's possibly true. There are many miles between Hendersonville and Memphis. I hope cell phone data is helpful and I also hope that the mom and stepdad are innocent.

<<I also hope that the mom and stepdad are innocent.>>
LE could (theoretically, still MUneducatedOO) know or have a good idea who the culprit was, be unable to prove it, and the culprit still not be mom or stepdad- for example, a sketchy neighbor, someone on house arrest whose bracelet mysteriously quit working that night, the list goes on ad nauseam. I'm hoping, since I'm at it, that Sebastian walks in the house tomorrow, alive and none the worse for wear, but would settle for mom and stepdad not being involved.

Someone on another site said if they had an autistic child that was an "eloper", they would have all kinds of security like locks and video cameras! They think it's odd the place wasn't more secure.

I tend to agree.
I hadn't thought about it, but it's true. I'm a direct support provider, providing care for three kids with varying degrees of autism in their home. You can't walk around a corner in their house without locks, cameras, gates, signage, etc. If that's not present in Sebastian's home, that would lead me to think either 1) his functioning is more similar to what bio dad is saying, or 2) that mom and stepdad are awfully...trusting.

LE could (theoretically, still MUneducatedOO) know or have a good idea who the culprit was, be unable to prove it, and the culprit still not be mom or stepdad- for example, a sketchy neighbor, someone on house arrest whose bracelet mysteriously quit working that night, the list goes on ad nauseam. I'm hoping, since I'm at it, that Sebastian walks in the house tomorrow, alive and none the worse for wear, but would settle for mom and stepdad not being involved.
Yeah. I am usually quite the skeptic. But this sweet faced kid?! Mom seemed to love and enjoy taking pic's of him. Proud of him, documenting his life. Not like in some cases where we get pic's that are..IDK just off either in the kid being younger than documented or the pic's being, you know unflattering. He's grinning in most of them and she seems happy too. Stepdad didn't have a negative thing to say about SR either. Loves to dance, play on the play ground, play hide and seek, knew his games. I'd say they were extremely protective of this child. I get there is a chance they were involved I just hope they were not.

I hadn't thought about it, but it's true. I'm a direct support provider, providing care for three kids with varying degrees of autism in their home. You can't walk around a corner in their house without locks, cameras, gates, signage, etc. If that's not present in Sebastian's home, that would lead me to think either 1) his functioning is more similar to what bio dad is saying, or 2) that mom and stepdad are awfully...trusting.
Yes, they have many resources available to them in their state. Have they taken advantage of them, is there a coordinator that makes sure these things are accessible and in place?

Yes, they have many resources available to them in their state. Have they taken advantage of them, is there a coordinator that makes sure these things are accessible and in place?
If it's like my state, that varies wildly, and I mean WILDLY, between jurisdictions. One county can have a robust system of coordinators to get families the services they need, and another can barely have services at all, never mind anyone in charge of helping families get to them. There's also another hurdle that comes up often, where families will see accepting services as "taking charity" or "not taking care of their own well enough" and will refuse to accept even if services are offered, and they can't be forced to accept if there aren't other signs of child neglect. I don't know anything at all about Tennessee's system, so I'll leave it to the Tennessee locals to speak on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seneca730