OJ Simpson dead at 76, after short battle with prostate cancer

For all of his success and wealth, I never thought O.J. Simpson was a happy man.

Sad day for his children, though.
Omo.

Funny, I saw a narcissist bully with a very cunning brain. Not in the same league as Aaron Hernandez at all.

OJ Simpson could very well be an injustice collector or grudge hoarder. At heart, they are narcissists and are often bullies. They are unhappy people.

I remember exactly where I was & what I was doing when the "innocent" verdict was read on TV in Fall 1995: I was a college student ATT & was walking across campus. In one of the campus buildings I was walking past (which was a distance away) - I suddenly & unexpectedly heard the sound of extremely loud cheering coming from inside the building. And, even though I wasn't in that building & hadn't watched TV at all that day (nor was I really following the trial that Fall), I immediately knew why they were cheering.

I wonder if all of those people cheering really thought he was actually innocent ATT. And, even if they did - if they were asked now, would they feel the same way?!

Last edited:
OJ Simpson could very well be an injustice collector or grudge hoarder. At heart, they are narcissists and are often bullies. They are unhappy people.
And they feel entitled to hurt and use everyone they are around. Does anyone honestly think that these jerks deserve to be "happy", considering all the misery they dish out? They have more excuses for their kind of meanness than Carter's has little pills. Life is too short to put up with someone who thinks it's OK to treat people like that.
[mod snip]
OMO

Last edited by a moderator:
No one has ever been more guilty.
The jury didn't want to convict a "celebrity." And the cheers were immaturity-- cheers for an athlete and celebrity, because that's what society values over character.

Sometimes sociopaths "win," but the truth was obvious to anyone who didn't want to deny it.

I have nothing nice to say for O.J., and I hope everyone else has support and can feel some peace and happiness in their lives.

No one has ever been more guilty.
The jury didn't want to convict a "celebrity." And the cheers were immaturity-- cheers for an athlete and celebrity, because that's what society values over character.

Sometimes sociopaths "win," but the truth was obvious to anyone who didn't want to deny it.

I have nothing nice to say for O.J., and I hope everyone else has support and can feel some peace and happiness in their lives.
This is spot on.

I hope they will check for CTE. I think it could change the way some view him if there was something wrong with him and it could at least explain some things. There needs to be more done to study this so others who have CTE might have a chance of knowing while they are alive and maybe some treatments can be developed.
Perhaps, but as we see in the news every day, there are just bad, angry people in the world who kill and destroy lives of others. Sometimes those monsters hide behind masks of wealth, fame, talent and charming personalities.

OJ knew how to accomplish goals and endear himself to people in order to get what he wanted, but behind his mask was a man who used, controlled and physically abused women. That’s probably something he learned to do early in life. No one forced him to do it and he wasn’t ashamed of it.

ETA: I do recall after his acquittal there were some people who engaged in blaming Nicole for being in that situation. We should never do that to victims of domestic violence.

Last edited:
The question is answered.

Question​

O.J. Simpson was NOT guilty of murdering Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman as judged by criminal court jury. Yet a civil court jury held him legally responsible for their deaths. So, how is the civil court's determination different from the criminal? And is O.J. still NOT guilty of murder?

Answer​

The night of the murder, very young experienced detective Mark Fuhrman was on call that night at the murder scene ,he did everything right writing down everything in his book fingerprints on a fence , even making his way to OJ Simpson's house where his Bronco is parked at an angle where there was blood everywhere inside he even found the gloves , the trial was turned into a race trial, prosecutor was so lame ,why because Mark Fuhrman was going to write a book, warts and all about police years going by Heaven's help Dirty Harry,..... Clint Eastwood. One word that's repeated so many times today by african-americans and anyone who wants to be cool in music, sad indictment of American Court system where if you pay enough money you can get off on a murder charge or corruption or anything your mind wants to think of.

Perhaps, but as we see in the news every day, there are just bad, angry people in the world who kill and destroy lives of others. Sometimes those monsters hide behind masks of wealth, fame, talent and charming personalities.

OJ knew how to accomplish goals and endear himself to people in order to get what he wanted, but behind his mask was a man who used, controlled and physically abused women. That’s probably something he learned to do early in life. No one forced him to do it and he wasn’t ashamed of it.

ETA: I do recall after his acquittal there were some people who engaged in blaming Nicole for being in that situation. We should never do that to victims of domestic violence.

The interesting thing is apart from that episode he was so well adjusted for his whole life. He was a very charming even affable man , who simply just snapped in a moment of madness. Pretty scary really.

The interesting thing is apart from that episode he was so well adjusted for his whole life. He was a very charming even affable man , who simply just snapped in a moment of madness. Pretty scary really.
I doubt Nicole was his only victim of DV. She was the one who reported it to police. The abuse began in the very beginning of their relationship. While married to Simpson and living at their home, she had called police no less than 9 times. When she was murdered, she was living in her own home and had been divorced for 2 yrs. He still stalked her, everywhere she went.

That's not the typical pattern of a first time wife beater. He likely had done this before, it just hadn't been reported.

ETA: Forgot about Christine Prody

Last edited:
I remember everything so well. Sitting at my best friend’s house with her husband, watching the Bronco ‘chase’, then, in the theatre, watching Speed - the scene of the LAPD following the bus at only 50, I leaned over and whispered to my Mum, “OJ is on the bus.” which was loud enough to make everyone around us laugh. Going to an archaeological dig the next week, in the UK, to be asked “Is OJ Simpson that famous? All the interest?” and explaining it would be like Gazza being charged with murder. I also remember being astonished by the verdict, then buying the paper years later when they got the crime scene photos, as horrific as imaginable.
I bought Marcia Clark, Chris Darden, Mark Fuhrman and Vincent Bugliosi’s books, and one of my favourite books of all time, Another City, Not My Own by Dominick Dunne, the definition of a roman à clef. Those books are above me in my bookcase. OJ was handsome, charismatic, a tremendously gifted athlete and a likeable actor. He showed all that in his greatest role. RIP Nicole and Ron.

I like your post. But I don't know about terming this his "greatest" role. I'd call it his worst role of
Greatest for him; it was certainly his most successful role, but, like many performances which move from Hollywood to Las Vegas, his encore was found less convincing to the in house audience. I’m a sarcastic sort, funnily enough, that trial could be seen as a major sign post on my road to cynicism!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingi
Back