Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #9

Another thought is: what if they suspect someone else was involved in her concealment. Could they have released the previous search locations and then sat back to wait to see if anyone else turns up afterwards. Maybe by not disclosing the location, they can see if someone with specific intel (ie. involved in concealment) turns up afterwards… I don’t know, just thinking outloud… and all IMO
What a clever idea to have someone "bird watching" there regularly... with a Glock in their pocket... I'm curious if the police analysed mobile data to determine who was in the area or nearby on the day Samantha disappeared.

As of Nov 2023 NSWPF has 4 cadaver detection dogs also known as human remains detection dogs .

There is not a particular breed ( according to linked article ) & you can see from the NSW Police Dog Unit facebook page that they are all breeds ( quite a few pics of retired cadaver dogs )

Police Dog Unit - NSW Police Force

I think these are the current ones

Wags ( also DDD )
1712901027080.jpeg

Tilly

1712901615488.jpeg

Polar

1712903239786.jpeg

Dotti

1712903364583.jpeg

As of Nov 2023 NSWPF has 4 cadaver detection dogs also known as human remains detection dogs .

There is not a particular breed ( according to linked article ) & you can see from the NSW Police Dog Unit facebook page that they are all breeds ( quite a few pics of retired cadaver dogs )

Police Dog Unit - NSW Police Force

I think these are the current ones

Wags ( also DDD )
View attachment 496628

Tilly

View attachment 496635

Polar

View attachment 496637

Dotti

View attachment 496638
Look like springers and labs, to me.

'Life was really good, and then this': Samantha Murphy's husband speaks​

Samantha Murphy functioned like "clockwork", so her husband knew something was wrong when she failed to return to her Ballarat East home on the morning of February 4.
After calling her mobile, with no answer, Mick notified police and began searching in nearby bushland.

"On that particular day, I was outside and thought she'll be coming up the road pretty soon," he said.
"Then she didn't.

"I just thought, 'Ah well, she might've gone a bit longer'. I went outside and said to the kids, 'Has mum come home yet?' and they said no. I thought that was a bit odd."

Samantha Murphy functioned like "clockwork", so her husband knew something was wrong when she failed to return to her Ballarat East home on the morning of February 4.
After calling her mobile, with no answer, Mick notified police and began searching in nearby bushland.

"On that particular day, I was outside and thought she'll be coming up the road pretty soon," he said.
"Then she didn't.

"I just thought, 'Ah well, she might've gone a bit longer'. I went outside and said to the kids, 'Has mum come home yet?' and they said no. I thought that was a bit odd."
Thanks for posting this Doc.
After watching the interview with MM, the tiny miniscule (like .0001%) bit of possibility I thought he was involved has now definitely gone. This poor man is genuinely devastated at the loss of his wife and I don't believe he'll give up his search until she's found and laid to rest by the family.

"Then she didn't.

The Age adds another thing that Mick said in the 9News interview .... (not included in the bits they played in the video in your link)

When Mick goes searching each day .. sometimes he may get a coffee and just drive around, other times he will walk for 1 or 2 or 4 hours looking for Sam ... he said he goes mainly around Yendon, over towards Bunninyong.

"Fresh heartbreak for Samantha Murphy's family as detectives make grim decision in the hunt for her body.

Search crews have abandoned their latest hunt for the body of Ballarat mum Samantha Murphy without finding any trace of the missing mother-of-three.

On Friday, police returned to bush tracks near where the mother-of-three went missing on February 4 in Victoria's west.

But by 1.30pm the mission had been called-off, with the last of the Victoria Police dirt bike team seen loading their bikes into a trailer.

Police will not return to the bush tomorrow.

The unsuccessful search will come as another blow for Ms Murphy's long suffering family,
who are expected to take part in a rally against men's violence in Ballarat on Friday evening."

Last edited:
Enough is enough . Time to reveal where Sam’s body is. Stop being so bloody selfish for once. Consider Sam’s family first and foremost. It’s time for her to be laid to rest with dignity. And also do it for your own family. Nothing or nobody can change what happened in the past, but only you can change what happens next.
Just do the right thing please.

b.jpg

It is a bit reminiscent of the big community protest walk after Jill Meagher was murdered in Melbourne. imo

Hundreds of Ballarat residents marched through the streets of the city on Friday evening, calling for action on violence against women following months of tragedy.

Mick Murphy, husband of Samantha Murphy, thanked the Ballarat community for turning up in numbers.

"Tonight means a lot, not just to me but to the community and to the people that have lost their loved ones over the last couple of months," Mr Murphy said.

Watching Mm tonight on the news was heartbreaking he had clearly been trying to hold it together in his early media interviews and just couldn’t any more , if the accused has any human bone in his body or love for his own mother I really hope this will humanise her as a loving wife and mother like his own and hoping he was watching and he starts talking probably just wishful thinking thou IMO

View attachment 496653

It is a bit reminiscent of the big community protest walk after Jill Meagher was murdered in Melbourne. imo

Hundreds of Ballarat residents marched through the streets of the city on Friday evening, calling for action on violence against women following months of tragedy.

Mick Murphy, husband of Samantha Murphy, thanked the Ballarat community for turning up in numbers.

"Tonight means a lot, not just to me but to the community and to the people that have lost their loved ones over the last couple of months," Mr Murphy said.

Thanks for the link.

I love the photos as each means more than 1000 words for me!

1712918014316.png

1712918044211.png

1712918069975.png

1712918103356.png

1712918785339.png

My heart ❤️ is in Ballarat now.

Last edited:
" 'You start second-guessing yourself.

I know I’ve done nothing wrong,
but there’s these little voices in your head, you know, saying different things.
It wasn’t a good time
and I wouldn’t wish it on anybody.

This whole scenario, you wouldn’t wish it on your worst enemy.

I’ve just tried to be strong throughout it for the kids and family and community'.

Mick said Samantha loved to run through the bushland, much more than on the streets.

'She’s ... walked and walked and then she got fitter and started running and … running further and further.

It was just, it was what she loved to do',
he said.

'With her disappearance,
she has gone doing something that she really enjoyed.

So that’s one positive,
I suppose, that we can take out of it'."

1712920439846.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member