Found Deceased FL - Katherine Altagracia Guerrero De Aguasvias, 31, missing after possible armed carjacking recorded by witness, Winter Springs, 11 Apr 2024

I have a feeling this must be organized crime related. I think she probably knew that when her car was rammed and that’s why she called her husband instead of 911 (and why he never called them either). The car being set on fire is mostly what makes me think this. It reminds me of Adriana and Cesar Coronado in Katy, TX.
Wow. I just read about that case. That takes organized crime to a new level when a child is murdered! But, I think you’re right. I suspect this will be similarly related.

In the video (in the very first post in this thread) you can see the green cars license plate is actually paper. It’s blowing in the wind. So could that be a new car tag while waiting for a real tag. Also, it doesn’t look like the gunman has on any gloves, so his finger prints would’ve been all over car. No matter what the motive is for this crime, fingerprints would explain why car was destroyed.

In the video (in the very first post in this thread) you can see the green cars license plate is actually paper. It’s blowing in the wind. So could that be a new car tag while waiting for a real tag. Also, it doesn’t look like the gunman has on any gloves, so his finger prints would’ve been all over car. No matter what the motive is for this crime, fingerprints would explain why car was destroyed.
Yes. That piece of paper flopping around could very well be a temporary tag for the vehicle. Maybe a stolen vehicle with a "fake" temporary tag? Who carries a 10mm "hand gun" (what looks to me to be an assault rifle-type weapon, but I know nothing about guns!)? Not your average citizen -- even for Florida (no offense to any Floridians).

Article here with some interest info from neighbors: Neighbor recalls ‘explosion’ shortly before woman’s burned body found

“I saw some heavy smoke coming from across the street,” Melissa Soto recalled. “No ambulance, no nothing was here at the scene yet. All of a sudden, I heard like an explosion.”

The site where Katherine Aguasvivas’ life ended was the back of a newly cleared construction site off Boggy Creek road. The driveway to the site is barely noticeable to passing cars, and the shooting that took her life and the burning car would’ve been out of sight of neighbors.

Article here with some interest info from neighbors: Neighbor recalls ‘explosion’ shortly before woman’s burned body found

“I saw some heavy smoke coming from across the street,” Melissa Soto recalled. “No ambulance, no nothing was here at the scene yet. All of a sudden, I heard like an explosion.”

The site where Katherine Aguasvivas’ life ended was the back of a newly cleared construction site off Boggy Creek road. The driveway to the site is barely noticeable to passing cars, and the shooting that took her life and the burning car would’ve been out of sight of neighbors.
The LE spokesman did mention during the presser that the suspects may have been very familiar with the area.

Newbie here.
I am watching this because it (the initial carjacking/kidnapping) occurred just a few miles west of me. Very bizarre circumstances. Undoubtedly targeted. I wonder the significance, if any, of the for sale and phone number emblazoned on the car.

Yes. That piece of paper flopping around could very well be a temporary tag for the vehicle. Maybe a stolen vehicle with a "fake" temporary tag? Who carries a 10mm "hand gun" (what looks to me to be an assault rifle-type weapon, but I know nothing about guns!)? Not your average citizen -- even for Florida (no offense to any Floridians).
To me, the gun resembles a Mac 10 or Uzi. The Sheriff says handgun. Also the sheriff dismissed the paper flapping as a plastic cover for a license plate. It looks like a temp tag to me.

In the video at link below, the armed man walks up to the car - tries to open the rear door and it's locked. He points the gun at the driver side window, it appears she unlocks her door - he opens it and hits the unlock button, then opens the rear door and gets in the car. Why didn't she just gun it and leave when she saw him approaching? Frozen in fear? Why didn't she call 911? Why didn't her husband call 911?

I wonder if the car being for sale had something to do with being targeted? It's written across the back window - grasping for straws in this one.

Newbie here.
I am watching this because it (the initial carjacking/kidnapping) occurred just a few miles west of me. Very bizarre circumstances. Undoubtedly targeted. I wonder the significance, if any, of the for sale and phone number emblazoned on the car.
A few reporters said they called the phone number on the car and it was unrelated to Katherine or her husband?

A few reporters said they called the phone number on the car and it was unrelated to Katherine or her husband?
But in the pressor, the Sheriff says - "I don't know who the registered owner of the vehicle is. We do believe it to be someone who is in her family or connected to her. We don''t feel she's in some strange vehicle that she was not seen driving before. The vehicle may not be registered to her, but is one she typically drives".

Before I saw the video clip, I would never have believed that this involved such a distinctive weapon. That's not really a handgun, its more like a compact rifle and is much more difficult to conceal and deploy than a semi-auto pistol. See video at 0.24 through 0.65

If the reports are accurate that its a 10mm then its not a MAC=10 or an UZI though there are clones of both those models out there. Its not a weapon that most people would carry for personal protection...and the whole interaction does not flow like a road rage incident, there is nothing demonstrative about the gunman's demeanour and who carries both such a weapon and a mask in case they get cut off in traffic? Considering the time interval and the reported extent of destruction to the Durango: this feels planned and targeted, by someone who has had some practice.

JMO

I love when the sheriff mentions having a firearm ready to respond if a person's comfortable with that (as one example) when a reporter asks what one should do in this situation. Love Florida.

\
Before I saw the video clip, I would never have believed that this involved such a distinctive weapon. That's not really a handgun, its more like a compact rifle and is much more difficult to conceal and deploy than a semi-auto pistol. See video at 0.24 through 0.65

If the reports are accurate that its a 10mm then its not a MAC=10 or an UZI though there are clones of both those models out there. Its not a weapon that most people would carry for personal protection...and the whole interaction does not flow like a road rage incident, there is nothing demonstrative about the gunman's demeanour and who carries both such a weapon and a mask in case they get cut off in traffic? Considering the time interval and the reported extent of destruction to the Durango: this feels planned and targeted, by someone who has had some practice.

JMO
Yeah, that's not a weapon the average person is going to have in their gun safe?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radnewal
Back