Australia- Nine people stabbed including 9 month baby @ the Westfield Shopping Centre in Bondi Junction, suspect fatally shot, Sydney, 13 April 2024

I had wondered whether he was targeting women as he perceived them as an easier target/less likely to have a fight on his hands - particularly as stabbing is such a "close" crime.
(I am a female, and the thought of misogyny as a motive is also repugnant - as is any stabbing.) JMO
I did wonder that to start with but then seeing the victims it felt like he was taking out the women he could never have.
It is totally repugnant.

I do feel sorry for his parents and I admire how honest they've been.

How Tahir’s late notice shift change at Bondi Junction ended in tragedy​

By Clare Sibthorpe and Patrick Begley

April 15, 2024 — 3.59pm

Paraphrsed:

Victin Faraz Tahir usually worked night shift , but was helping out with staff shortages on Saturday.

Fazar & fellow security worker Muhammad Taha were both attacked on the 4th level but were able to alert the control room.

Taha is in hospital.

Faraz fled persecution in Pakistan , he moved to Sydney 2 months ago from Brisbane. Both his parents are deceased & he financially supported his siblings back in Pakistan.

Fazar did community work, recently Clean Up Australaia Day

Close friend Adnan Qadir, who is youth president of The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community of Australia, said that they will be doing a “blood drive” where they travel around the country to donate blood to those in need in honour of Tahir and the five other lives lost.

If this was in the US people would be complaining because the officer killed him. They would ask why she hadn’t just shot the knife out of his hand, or shot him in the leg.

JMO
Completely disagree with your statement. In any officer involved shooting, it's a very small percentage of people saying such things. (See recent YouTube video of Florida Sheriff who suggests that residents join them on Saturdays for a gun safety course, and suggests that better aim by citizens will save taxpayers plenty of money. The sentiment is definitely shoot to kill.)

When a preparator stabs a 9 month old baby, no one could take exception with this outcome. moo

I did wonder that to start with but then seeing the victims it felt like he was taking out the women he could never have.
It is totally repugnant.

I do feel sorry for his parents and I admire how honest they've been.

I also wonder if he decided to die by "suicide by cop" that day.

He was told to drop the knife,
he saw the Police Officer aiming a gun at him.

But still didn't do as was told.
And allegedly lunged at female officer.

Doesn't it resemble the behaviour of mass shooters who died at the scene?

JMO

I also wonder if he decided to die by "suicide by cop" that day.

He was told to drop the knife,
he saw the Police Officer aiming a gun at him.

But still didn't do as was told.
And allegedly lunged at female officer.

Doesn't it resemble the behaviour of mass shooters who died at the scene?

JMO
To me, it could just as equally show that he had no concept of the consequences of his actions. Someone committing this kind of attack who is not psychotic would understand that they could be killed if they don't comply. Someone deeply in the throes of psychosis might not believe they are at risk at all, might not even see the gun and understand that it could kill them.

One consistent thing that keeps coming out is how confused he seemed, stumbling, even, and other times, oddly calm. Both affects are inappropriate for the situations he was in. There was no anger, no rage, no shouting epithets at people. There's a dissonance between his manner and his actions.

Unfortunately, all of this is never going to be fathomable. The only person who knew what he was seeing and hearing and thinking was him, and he will never be able to tell us.

MOO

"Joel Cauchi

is revealed to have stalked other shopping centres and Googled

'how to kill'

before Westfield Bondi Junction stabbing rampage."

Last edited:
Reiss Tuleda has talked about being one of the group of civilians who backed up Inspector Amy Scott. (Two of the others were the French construction workers interviewed yesterday.)

Meanwhile..
'In a screengrab from video posted to social media, a man stabs a cleric at Christ the Good Shepherd in Sydney on Monday, April 15, 2024.
SYDNEY — Police say a man has been arrested after reportedly stabbing a bishop and churchgoers in Sydney.'
1713184114991.png
Ws thread..

Last edited:

"Joel Cauchi

is revealed to have stalked other shopping centres and Googled

'how to kill'

before Westfield Bondi Junction stabbing rampage."

If there is an element of premeditation and planning this crime, is it still considered to be a mental health episode?

Meanwhile..
'In a screengrab from video posted to social media, a man stabs a cleric at Christ the Good Shepherd in Sydney on Monday, April 15, 2024.
SYDNEY — Police say a man has been arrested after reportedly stabbing a bishop and churchgoers in Sydney.'
View attachment 497281
Ws thread..
That's the 3rd stabbing attack in Australia in under a week... (that made the news at least)

Wow actually shocked it appears to be premeditated. That's so messed up. It's crazy how internet search history reveals so much, it's almost like reading their mind. He didn't stand a chance of anything but life in prison even if he'd survived.

Wow actually shocked it appears to be premeditated. That's so messed up. It's crazy how internet search history reveals so much, it's almost like reading their mind. He didn't stand a chance of anything but life in prison even if he'd survived.

Exactly!
That is why I wondered about so called "suicide by a cop".

IMO,
he chose a large Sydney shopping mall to allegedly notoriously die taking as many victims with him as possible.

As many mass shooters do.
In this case - a stabber.

JMO

Last edited:
NOT behind a paywall

"A young woman says she was shocked to find the
'true gentleman'
she once dated was the deranged mass killer behind the Westfield Bondi Junction stabbing attack.

The woman said she barely recognised the savage killer from the man she met on
the Badoo dating app in April 2020.

'I struck up a conversation with him for a while then I had a few drinks with him at his house in Brisbane.
He lived there with flatmates,'
she said.

'He was a lovely guy when I met him,
definitely quiet and reserved.
I'm just very shocked at what has happened'.

She described Cauchi as a 'true gentleman'
but admitted they only met in person once as he wasn't her type.

Despite this,
the pair continued their relationship into 2021.

'He was a very nice guy.
Well spoken.
I only saw him once but we did text for a good year after that,'
she said.

'He came across a little too nerdy for me to be honest, but we still kept in touch.
I live on the Gold Coast and he lived in Brisbane at the time'."

Last edited:
I have two nephews who did and do. Both diagnosed with it and both seek out illegal (and legal) drugs and alcohol because they don't like the way prescribed drugs make them feel and they self-medicate their symptoms. So it does happen.
Brothers or cousins??
I have a number of friends with lost or dead sons and daughters. Some with a couple or a few....
Their lives full of pain.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back