OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #3 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree- I would’ve thought the kids would’ve been removed “for their own protection with their mother missing with concern for foul play” (as it could have been able to be told to TA).

I think even if there was no [publicly-known] reason to doubt their well-being with TA… the fact that she was LE’s primary suspect from early on would be enough to worry about their safety for me, at least. I’ve certainly seen kids removed, even if just temporarily, for much less.
I think taking the children would have been a big mistake. It would have tipped them off that LE were onto them good. I think they did the best thing. It brings the Patrick Frazee case to mind. They left the baby with him and Mommy Dearest and played him like a fiddle. Kelsey’s mom was such a courageous woman.

WHAT THE???? And yes, I meant to put that in all caps! Lord have mercy.

So this implies there were bloody bodies in the Twombley's pickup truck, and not in TA or TC's vehicles?

I would then presume the bodies were somewhere on the Twombley's property, not TA or TC's.

I'm horrified about the Twombley's treating their daughter like this.

I think taking the children would have been a big mistake. It would have tipped them off that LE were onto them good. I think they did the best thing. It brings the Patrick Frazee case to mind. They left the baby with him and Mommy Dearest and played him like a fiddle. Kelsey’s mom was such a courageous woman.
You’re right, I should’ve added that I trust LE knew what they were doing and weighed risks vs benefits especially when it came to the kids. I guess I am just surprised to learn that the kids were w TA this whole time, but either way, they are safe now and things went according to plan.

From what I can make out from that page:

An examination of the vehicle and area surrounding the vehicle found evidence of a severe injury. Blood was found on the roadway and edge of the roadway. ...were also found in the roadway south of the vehicle, near a broken hammer. A pistol magazine...Kelley's purse at the scene, but no pistol was found.

Newsnation reporter is on air, saying that she’s rushing to the courthouse to get those documents.

Still no official word as to the identities of the bodies, but they believe they are the women (of course).
I thought I heard the following from the OSBI investigator’s comments responding to two different questions. The questions were asked of him not far apart in his time at the podium. (He was the last gentleman to speak.):

They had recovered the remains of two individuals, but he would not confirm their believed identities - or that they were the two missing women.

When asked whether there was any possibility that the two missing women might be alive I believe he indicated no.

That may be confirmation until an official statement is given? MOO

Newsnation now:

They have the affidavits in the case, that have all kinds of new information about the suspects and their actions. Custody battle is linked to the murders.

Grandma was at the heart of it. Wow, we’re going to be learning much more than I imagined. Daughter of the Twombley’s played a major role in blowing this open. Parents weren’t home that morning, had told daughter they were going on a mission. Made her clean up pickup when they returned. Jillian had a firearm in her purse which wasn’t recovered.

Apparently grandma told her son in February that the custody battle won’t be an issue much longer.

Court ordered supervisor was available but Grandma gave her time off and lied about it (sounds like).

Much more but I don’t want to get it wrong.
BBM - So perhaps part of the secrecy was also the safety of the Twombley's daughter. What a brave girl she is.

Also it's freaking heartbreaking that these 2 women were even in this situation. Jilian bringing a gun tells me all I need to know and those women should have NEVER been put in a situation to pick up kids in the middle of nowhere alone. For a pastors wife to feel the need to bring a gun says a lot about how she felt going in to this situation. I have no doubt someone was tracking them.. either they were on the phone or through an app that shares locations.. because someone afraid enough to bring a gun likely was also take precautions like location sharing.

I am pro gun so these comments aren't to say she shouldn't have had one, it's to say she should not have felt she needed one in this situation. If they were meeting up at the police station or somewhere very public, I think this would have had a very different ending. :(

An examination of the vehicle and area surrounding the vehicle found evidence of a severe injury. Blood was found on the roadway and edge of the roadway. ...were also found in the roadway south of the vehicle, near a broken hammer. A pistol magazine...Kelley's purse at the scene, but no pistol was found.
So the hammer thing was true.
How awful.....

Daughter of the Twombley’s played a major role in blowing this open. Parents weren’t home that morning, had told daughter they were going on a mission. Made her clean up pickup when they returned.
RSBM BBM

I could be very wrong, but haven't the Twombly's been married about 8 years? If so, I wonder who's daughter that was and whether there was step-parent angst that made her rat them out.

Whatever -- I'm so proud of her!

Since the reason for the exchange was a birthday party ... was the day of the women's deaths on one of the kid's birthdays ??
:eek:

Two bodies were recovered in rural Oklahoma, a day after four people were charged with murder and kidnapping. Authorities say 27-year-old Veronica Butler and 39-year-old Jilian Kelley, of Hugoton, Kansas, were driving through the Oklahoma panhandle to pick up Butler’s children for a March 30 birthday party in Kansas.
Red bolding mine.

Like, how could the child whose birthday it was, ever want celebrate it again as it could trigger memories of losing their mom forever ?
Adds another layer of horror to the crime.
Omo.
The timing of the arrests and the discovery of the women's bodies is telling me that someone "talked" and pointed LE to the site.

Where they beaten to death with a hammer? Sounds like they drug the bodies from the car to the road and threw them in the truck.

RSBM BBM

I could be very wrong, but haven't the Twombly's been married about 8 years? If so, I wonder who's daughter that was and whether there was step-parent angst that made her rat them out.

Whatever -- I'm so proud of her!
How alone the daughter must have felt. 16 years old.....amazing courage and fortitude she had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member