OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #3 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It certainly sounds like they were attacked with one, at the very least. I think Jillian drew on them and she was overpowered.
Drawing a pistol while seated in a car can be a challenge. There are even holsters designed for this purpose. Veronica and Jilian probably drove into an ambush with armed opponents. The right holster or carry arrangement has to be selected for use in a car, and both women may have been shot before Jilian could draw her pistol. I wouldn't criticize Jilian for carrying a firearm at all - very justified, in fact, as we know she faced mortal danger. IMO carrying a pistol increases the odds for survival, but there's no certainty. Trained LE and military are killed in ambushes and gunfights, too.

I am also anxious to learn more on the court appointed supervisor that TA favored and wasn't available. I can't imagine what is going through her mind the last couple of weeks.
According to Newsnation, she was available and Tifany lied and gave her the time off. I think they said the next couple weeks.

I wonder if the hammer was actually in the car with the women as another form of protection?

I guess I don't picture these group of 4 planning to abduct these 2 women with a hammer. I guess it's possible it was just in one of their vehicles because they have farms/ranches and might have tools in their trucks. I picture them more of the firearms and knives types.

I wouldn't think to bring a hammer if I had a gun with me.

A hammer sounds much more like something in a farm vehicle, and it sounds as if it wasn't originally part of the plan.

Sadly, without proper tactical training many of us aren't equipped to handle emergencies.
No only this, but with 4 on 2, it wouldn't take much. If it was 1 on 2 and Jilian was able to shoot at one person even to scare them to flea that is one thing, but you have to be a good shot and manage to hit 4 or deter 4, inducing 2 men before one of them gets the upper hand. They were outnumbered and likely out gunned. I can't imagine those 4 showed up to do this with only a hammer.

I think Tifany Adams was so caught up in her determination to keep control of the 2 children that she lost sight of reality. She probably expected that locals would suspect her, but did not believe that she would be arrested.

I think she viewed Veronica as a disposable person. There was a history of allegations against Veronica regarding her parenting such that she lost custody of her two children and was required to have supervision while with them.

Tifany Adams probably assumed that no one cared that an alleged bad mother failed to pick up her children for visitation. Perhaps she hoped to spread rumour that Veronica was caught up in a drug deal gone wrong.

What Tifany did not count on was that Veronica was accompanied by the pastor's wife, and that everyone would care that she vanished. I somewhat agree with earlier comments suggesting that Tifany did not know anything about Jilian (identified as Killian Kelley in court documents). I doubt that the Twomblys knew that Jilian was a pastor's wife. If they did, they should have realized the risk of abducting and murdering Jilian.
I have to disagree

TA knew who the Supervisors were. She just didn’t care. It was in Court documents.

It was all about TA and her ego and her need for control.

IMO, she knew exactly who was in that car and made the decision to kill them both.

MOO

Agreed.
Like-minded people.
Scary thought !

Watch them sing a different tune now. :rolleyes:
They might say, they were 'forced' or 'threatened', and would never have done this otherwise !
Omo.
Too late, they said they were “on a mission.” Premeditation. They’re done. I hope they get what they deserve to the fullest extent the law allows for what they did to two beautiful women. :(

I wonder if the hammer was actually in the car with the women as another form of protection?

I guess I don't picture these group of 4 planning to abduct these 2 women with a hammer. I guess it's possible it was just in one of their vehicles because they have farms/ranches and might have tools in their trucks. I picture them more of the firearms and knives types.
At the same time, using one of their firearms would leave ballistics evidence. A hammer or tool, they could quickly discard in a creek would never be traceable.

The daughter said Cora, Cole, Adams, Cullum and Paul Grice were part of an anti-government group that had a religious affiliation.

Through OSBI investigation, it was learned that they call their group God’s Misfits. Regular meetings are held weekly.

When the daughter asked what happened, she was told “that things did not go as planned, but that they would not have to worry about her (Butler) again.”

The daughter asked about Kelley and why she had to die “and was told by Cora that she wasn’t innocent either, as she had supported Butler.”

The daughter asked Cora “if their bodies were put in a well, and Cora replied, ‘something like that.’”

The daughter also disclosed that other attempts to kill Butler occurred during February of 2024 near Hugoton, Kansas, in which Adams, Cullum, Cole, Cora and Grice went to Hugoton, but Butler did not leave her residence.

The daughter said “the plan was to throw an anvil through Butler’s windshield while driving, make it look like an accident because anvils regularly fall off of work vehicles.”
Paul Grice?

Can we sleuth him now that he's been named in the documents?

The daughter said Cora, Cole, Adams, Cullum and Paul Grice were part of an anti-government group that had a religious affiliation.

Through OSBI investigation, it was learned that they call their group God’s Misfits. Regular meetings are held weekly.

When the daughter asked what happened, she was told “that things did not go as planned, but that they would not have to worry about her (Butler) again.”

The daughter asked about Kelley and why she had to die “and was told by Cora that she wasn’t innocent either, as she had supported Butler.”

The daughter asked Cora “if their bodies were put in a well, and Cora replied, ‘something like that.’”

The daughter also disclosed that other attempts to kill Butler occurred during February of 2024 near Hugoton, Kansas, in which Adams, Cullum, Cole, Cora and Grice went to Hugoton, but Butler did not leave her residence.

The daughter said “the plan was to throw an anvil through Butler’s windshield while driving, make it look like an accident because anvils regularly fall off of work vehicles.”
They are so done. Fried. I hope in every sense. That poor girl, but so brave. So many lives ruined :(. I hope there are no pleas offered. I hope they plead guilty and save everyone the agony of living through a trial. And then, I hope for true justice. JMHO.

It certainly sounds like they were attacked with one, at the very least. I think Jillian drew on them and she was overpowered.
I’d love to think she drew and FIRED on them, but many women ,who are around children, won’t carry a gun with a bullet chambered and the safety off. In a time of chaos, it’s very difficult to remember to rack the gun and flip the safety off. It’s also very difficult to remove the gun out of a purse.

If the windshield in Veronica's car was broken by something as heavy as an anvil, both women might have been seriously injured immediately. Airbags may have inflated, making visibility difficult and bruising their chests and faces. If that is how the attack began, it would have slowed Jilian's reaction time.

IMO, it sounds like all four of them were in on this from the get-go. A plan hatched together - not just grandma forcing others to do her bidding.
Right? Four grown adults, any one of them could have stopped it or later blown the whistle on their hideous plan. It took a 16 year old girl to do the right thing.

Why was Paul Grice not arrested with the other 4?

He appears to have been an active participant in the conspiracy to commit murder. Fully away of the premeditation, the plans for kidnapping, murder, and disposal of the bodies.

Why was Paul Grice not arrested with the other 4?

He appears to have been an active participant in the conspiracy to commit murder. Fully away of the premeditation, the plans for kidnapping, murder, and disposal of the bodies.
Nothing in the dockets. I think we have our cooperating witness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2