GA GA - Decatur, Female, Black / African American, UP99132, Adult - Pre 40, 5 Apr '91

HopeRains

My name is Lisa Coburn Kesler.
Reaction score
New Namus Case, created 1/13/2023

Namus Case File

No Images

Black/African American
Adult - Pre 40
Estimated age range 25-31
5' 7"-5' 8"(67-68 inches) , Estimated
135-145 lbs, Estimated
Black Hair

Condition of Remains: Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton
Circumstances: The decedent was found in a wooded area next to a drainage ditch area off of Idlewild Road in Decatur, GA.

Susan Redding is my grandmothers sister (my great aunt) she’s been missing from Decatur ga I wonder if this is her

I’ve been trying to find information on Susan Redding. She is my grandmothers sister (my great aunt) she’s been missing from Decatur ga.
Did you check to see if Susan and the UID have anything in common?

I’ve been trying to find information on Susan Redding. She is my grandmothers sister (my great aunt) she’s been missing from Decatur ga.

I'm very sorry for your family's loss. Has anyone in the family reached out to law enforcement?

Did you check to see if Susan and the UID have anything in common?
She went missing on her birthday, April 8 in 1975. she was 15 or 16 from what my grandmother told me. I read on here actually, that Susan made a call in 1982 when a family member passed.

I see on the UID that the body found was in 1991, and the victim’s age at the time was 25-31. this could be possible. I’d do anything to find out for my grandmothers mom, Susan’s mother! She’s still living at 98. My aunt posts Susan on her social media still in hopes of finding her.

She went missing on her birthday, April 8 in 1975. she was 15 or 16 from what my grandmother told me. I read on here actually, that Susan made a call in 1982 when a family member passed.

I see on the UID that the body found was in 1991, and the victim’s age at the time was 25-31. this could be possible. I’d do anything to find out for my grandmothers mom, Susan’s mother! She’s still living at 98. My aunt posts Susan on her social media still in hopes of finding her.
Right. I’ll keep doing some digging. Thanks!

Idlewild appears to be a dead end road that runs parallel to the Perimeter, I-285, near Panthersville. It ends at the Deliverance Life Tabernacle. Woods run between it and the interstate to the west. There are homes on east side of the road that I believe would have existed at that time. Woods behind them serve as a barrier between the street and surrounding neighborhoods, which also appear to be established. I-20 also intersects with I-285 immediately north of this. In spite of this proximity, I wouldn't consider this to be the very first good place to stop if you got off the interstate, though, because of where the exits are. I'm not going to say you couldn't find it randomly, but I would lean toward someone who was familiar with the area, assuming she was left by Idlewild, versus dropped from the interstate. However, if you "walk" along Idlewild on streetview, I don't see a drainage ditch. On the west/interstate side, there's a chain link fence with a narrow wooded area behind, and I-285 visible immediately beyond that. The ground slopes from the interstate towards the fence towards the southern/dead end, then levels out as you approach the cross street, Knollview, at the northern end. It's hard to get a sense of scale, but I doubt it's even 50' from the interstate to the fence, probably less than half that at points. If she was dropped from the interstate, that blows it wide open. Truckers are often encouraged to take 285, which rings Atlanta, to avoid downtown. And the trucker in question could have been coming from I-20, I-85, or I-75, all of which meet in downtown.

Unidentified Cases | DeKalb County GA (#91-0451)
Rendering + Info
1686265988908.png
On April 5, 1991, an unidentified deceased individual was found in a wooded area near the end of Idlewild Road in Decatur, Georgia. The decedent wasn’t wearing any clothing when she was found. A blue tennis shoe was found in the area, as well as a lower-to-mid-length tan coat, and a long sleeve green knit sweater. Investigators suspect she may have been there for about two weeks. The individual appeared to be between the ages of 25 and 50.

It was believed that she had been there for approximately two weeks, so a fairly recent death. It’s interesting to note that although Kelly has chosen to depict her with long hair, DeKalb County states that she had very short curly dark hair, with no mention of a wig at the scene. They also mention some other shirts at the scene (burgundy with the tail pulled through a ring-1991 with a vengeance!, white United Auto Workers tee), that I didn’t note previously.
IMG_0146.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milkjug
Back