Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking out loud here. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there an attempted abduction at Broadway by the Beach a few years ago and a composte sketch of a bald man? Or am I misremembering? Also, does anyone know where the photo of RM in his 'getup' on pg 4 was taken? Thanks.

Rewatched the Dissappeared episode of Brittanee and after thinking over some circumstances, I kind of wondered if Brittanee could of commiteed suicide, but I would think her body would of had been recovered by now. Feeling down and unaccepted could of definitely made Brittanee willingly get in some stranger's car. The why would somebody ever do that comment made by Brittanee's mother over one of Brittanee's suicide attempts kind of made me mad. I just hope she did not express those feelings towards Brittanee directly. I have attempted suicide multiple times as a teen. There were times when I was feeling suicidal, so then I let a family member know, because I was trying to get myself help. I just got bombed with criticism for how I felt when meanwhile I was trying to get help and that always ended up pushing me over the edge. Even if Brittanee had not been depressed in a while, repulsive suicide could still of happened. Once again, I am still very doubtful Brittanee commited suicide. JMO and :twocents:

http://itouchmap.com/?d=1227958&s=SC&f=ppl

That is a map showing the Peachtree Landing area. Sits right between Myrtle Beach & Georgetown.

This is not good, it's too coincidental that her car was found abandoned at a boat landing, the area looks identical to pole yard, and the last noted activity as far as cell phone communication was at 3am, then stopped completely.

From what I've read, she frequents the MB club scene around Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach, but seems likes a level-headed, responsible young lady. Her parents state this incident has never happened before. Apparently she is very dedicated to her job (MB house of Blues), her parents and co-workers immediately knew something was wrong when she never showed up for her scheduled shift.

She's very similar in general appearance to Brittanee- they are close in age as well as height & weight, etc. maybe this is the break we have all been waiting for...

I pray that this girl is alive & well, and that she just needed some time away to clear her head, but unfortunately it doesn't seem that way..

BBM. I agree and believe the person responsible for Heather's abduction is also responsible for Brittanee's disappearance. JMO

Just FYI. There is a thread for Heather Elvis in the missing forum. I went to the findheatherelvis FB page and read that CUE center for missing persons has been called in. So that's good! CUE has searched tirelessly for Brittanee. I posted the similarities Christina pointed out in post 119 above on Heather's thread. I hope LE has noted the similarities of both girls disappearances and is tracking RM's movements. There should be cameras at all boat landings, IMO.

Just FYI. There is a thread for Heather Elvis in the missing forum. I went to the findheatherelvis FB page and read that CUE center for missing persons has been called in. So that's good! CUE has searched tirelessly for Brittanee. I posted the similarities Christina pointed out in post 119 above on Heather's thread. I hope LE has noted the similarities of both girls disappearances and is tracking RM's movements. There should be cameras at all boat landings, IMO.

How far away is Bluewater from where Heather worked in MB? Where did her phone last ping? It would be interesting to see if in the same general area.

How far away is Bluewater from where Heather worked in MB? Where did her phone last ping? It would be interesting to see if in the same general area.

I'm not a good mapper but IIRC the House of Blues is in N. Myrtle near Barefoot Landing. The address of the Tilted Kilt is 1317 Celebrity Circle.

Her missing poster says her last known location was at 2 am Wed. near 541 Whiteriver Dr. just off River Oaks Dr. in MB. Not sure if that was her last cell ping because it didn't specify. She was driving a dark green 2001 Dodge Intrepid.

Maybe someone will map it for us...hint hint. ;)

Oh BTW the attire the girls wear at Tilted Kilt is similar to the attire the young lady on the right is wearing in the pic with RM on pg 4. Just thought I'd note that.

wm

WM, there is a lot of info & updates on the "FindHeatherElvis" FB page, I would link it but I'm on my phone and WS is a bit too difficult to navigate :(

I've read a few articles stating she works at the Tilted Kilt, which is located at Broadway at the Beach in MB. However, if you look at Heather's personal FB, she has House of Blues listed as employment. She has TK listed as well, but it looks like she has it set up as showing TK as a previous job.. I could be wrong though.

I did a Map check: house of blues is roughly 6 mins from BW resort, tilted kilt is about 16, not far at all.

I also wanted to mention I saw somewhere on the FindHeatherElvis FB that LE is looking into checking any available surveillance footage around that area where she was last seen (gas stations, other businesses that may have cameras up, etc). Hopefully they will find something.

I had to zoom out a bit to get it all the locations on here. Interesting thing about the Peach Tree boat landing is that it is right off a highway just like the Poleyard boat landing.

I had to zoom out a bit to get it all the locations on here. Interesting thing about the Peach Tree boat landing is that it is right off a highway just like the Poleyard boat landing.

Also that Bar Harbor and Blue Water very close to White River

I wonder if Dawn Drexel is assisting in the search for Heather Elvis? Rochestergirl (forgive me if I'm wrong) didn't you mention DD had moved to Myrtle Beach recently? Apologies in advance if I'm mistaken. My heart just breaks for Dawn. I hope DD knows people are praying for her family and justice in BD's disappearance on a daily basis.

I wonder if Dawn Drexel is assisting in the search for Heather Elvis? Rochestergirl (forgive me if I'm wrong) didn't you mention DD had moved to Myrtle Beach recently? Apologies in advance if I'm mistaken. My heart just breaks for Dawn. I hope DD knows people are praying for her family and justice in BD's disappearance on a daily basis.
e

Yes she did, I wouldn't doubt she will be assisting since she had assisted back in NY when a young girl went missing. Dawn has become quite a support person for families.

Dawn Drexel posted a supportive message on Heather's missing fb page.

https://www.facebook.com/findheatherelvis

:bump:

Thinking of Britt and her family tonight. :beats:

600x600.jpg

Someone posted this link about RM on Heather Elvis' thread so I thought I share it here. Probably has already been posted but Britt's thread needs to be bumped up anyway.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/1...in-cold-case-disappearances-brittanee-drexel/

wm

Wow, this guy sounds like a horrible SO and I can't image how his victim survived it. What a shame. He should have never been released early, we here of it over and over and yet, they get out of jail early. Makes me sick. For Bitt's sake, I hope to God he didn't get her, but it sounds like it is a strong possibility. So sad, and he is still on the streets.

http://www.wbtw.com/story/24322765/horry-county-police-say-skeletal-remains-found-in-myrtle-beach

Skeletal remains found in MB. This is very near search area/condo of Heather Elvis, however article quotes as saying remains been there "years". As cool as it has been last few days I'd hardly expect this to be HE. On another note though, reading her thread someone local says there is a lot of construction near her condos. I did a Google Earth and this specific area, Tidewater Rd, looks extremely marshy. With all that construction near her condos though - I wonder where our RSO/welder is working these days in the off-season?

I still say his little MC trip back to Surfside/GC next day, whereupon he was ticketed, was a scouting trip to later be taken in his truck.

And whoever attempted the abductions, 2, the week before BD disappeared at the two 'sister' resorts at 7th and 9th (IIRC) sure were lucky they happened to pick not one but two resorts that had no camera surveillance....only a maintence/construction/managerial type employee should know that....and to compare the sketch from those two incidents to the RSO photo online, I guess it's just a matter of opinion.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18177&d=1312551447

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member