Identified! PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 - #2 - Evelyn Colon

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are going to pursue checking the DNA. I'm going to email him back in a few weeks to follow up.

FYI - he agreed about not relying on eye color to rule in/out.

Hi all,

I'm not sure what the criteria is here for linking to facebook but I posted the following on my FB for Pennsylvania Missing Persons and would like to share here. Call it an open letter or an open plea. Someone out there knows who she is. If the link is unacceptable and deleted by mods, the FB page name is: Carbon County PA "Beth Doe".

It's been over 10 years since I first heard about Beth Doe. In fact, back then, we didn't even know that she'd been called that. We really didn't know much about her at all. This pic is her case file on Doe Network back then.

We learned a lot about her and the more that came out, the worse it got. My heart broke with every gruesome detail. She's the girl my website is dedicated to.

We've gotten quite a bit of media attention for her over the years, from local reporters to the AP. PSP had her exhumed and DNA was extracted from both her and her baby.

Still, despite all the effort, she remains unidentified.

Facebook has the potential to reach far more people than any amount of media attention ever could. With that in mind, my friend and kindred spirit Anne Wagner and I have launched a facebook page for her. I would ask and encourage everyone who visits here to please like and share her page. It's been almost 37 years since she was found. It will only take one pair of eyes, one spark of memory, to give her back her name. It's long past time for Beth Doe to go home.

Thank you!
https://www.facebook.com/carboncountybeth?ref=hl

69pz.jpg

This woman was added to NamUs back in March, but her casefile was only recently published.

Nahita Khatib
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/19782/0

fb33fc8d-07a1-4f1b-b2cb-7d7d106e0ea4.jpg
ceec2f9a-e9be-424c-804a-aaf64baff297.jpg
de1161b6-2aaa-4e26-b284-82ac9f466467.jpg

She's a little older than the age range, and there is no mention of pregnancy. But when I saw this MP case, and the 1976 Date LKA, I immediately thought of this Jane Doe.

You suppose???

Here's the Jane Doe's UP Casefile
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/8913

Both she and the Jane Doe have DNA in the system. So I suppose there would have been a hit if this was a match.

Bump for Beth. 37 years.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - PA PA - White Haven "Beth Doe" & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76, #2

Apearn, I brought over one of your posts from another thread because I found it interesting. It's a shame information on this guy was lost, could be it's shoved down behind the back of an old filing cabinet somewhere in some storage shed. Stranger things have happened. It made me wonder if the baby had hair and what color it was. It would be ironic if he had some connection to her, both are buried in potter's fields and both unknown. Thanks for bumping her thread up.

He is interesting to me but I've not found much. He was vaguely similar to Joseph Bichrest who is missing from Maine but previously from Phili and had a credit card used in Phili after he went missing. I never put the two to much together though.

It's so sad that there is not even an image of this girl.

I did a Namus search the other day and wrote down everyone who was a female, of the right age range, missing in a decent time-range, and that did not have DNA. I found 34 names and crossed a few off on known dental info from other sites. Why did Namus stop showing dentals? Geez - even a partial dental description would work.

Has anyone ever mention Patricia Laemmerhirt? She went missing April of 1976, about the time Beth Doe would have realized she was pregnant. No DNA in NamUs.

I have her on my list. Her case sounds like the husband was involved.... to me anyway.....and she was probably gone long before Dec.

Janet Kramer is an interesting new addition to the Namus list. They are awaiting DNA results on her so that will work itself out.

Katherine Jones has been missing from Pennsylvania since towards the end of 1974, and appears to me to have a mole on her cheek. It's on the right one though, unless the photo's reversed. She is outside the age range at 29 too, and eyes are listed as green. DNA is available in Namus but no dentals.

http://www.missingin.org/reg1627/katherine_ann_jones.htm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 94
A year ago, I speculated that the writing on her hand might indicate Weather Satellite Radio 57, or WSR-57. In 1976, Carl "Charlie" Brandt graduated with a 2-year technical degree in weather system electronics. Since the 2004 massacre of his wife and niece in Florida, he's been tentatively linked to other murders in Florida, but I can't find any solid timeline of his other locations, except mentions that he worked in Holland and Germany at some point. Since this was late December, I had thought momentarily he might have gone to see his father who'd returned to Ft. Wayne, IN, at the time, by way of visiting for Christmas, but then it occurred to me that I'd always traveled through Chattanooga heading north to Wisconsin or south to Florida, so that would have been way out of the way, if he weren't in the NE for some work-related purpose. I do know that articles from the 2004/05 on Brandt indicate LE were trying to establish a detailed timeline, but I haven't been able to find one published online.

Richard Cottingham was mentioned previously, and he seems like a closer suspect. I wonder whether anyone who remembers the Poconos at that time, and there are several who've chimed in in this thread, recalls whether there were gay resorts in this area back in '76, since Cottingham frequented gay bars.

Brandt is interesting. From what I found his mother was 8 months pregnant when he shot her. Obviously he doesn't have a problem with that sort if thing. I didn't see a timeline for his work at Lockheed Martin but they do have locations in eastern pa. 1976 might be kind of a tight timeframe for him to graduate high school and get the Lockheed job if he was 17 in 1974. It's possible though.

Brandt is interesting. From what I found his mother was 8 months pregnant when he shot her. Obviously he doesn't have a problem with that sort if thing. I didn't see a timeline for his work at Lockheed Martin but they do have locations in eastern pa. 1976 might be kind of a tight timeframe for him to graduate high school and get the Lockheed job if he was 17 in 1974. It's possible though.

Huh. I wonder if he had a problem with pregnant women.

Can anyone take her dental images and translate that onto one of those drawn diagrams to make it easier to read? I've been trying but I don't trust my skills.

Attachments

• Dental_x-rays_1104191.jpg
    Dental_x-rays_1104191.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 112
I wonder if Denise Sheely was ever ruled out, looked like she had a lower right tooth missing, kind of the dental chart above I think, not sure though.

This one is why I was wondering if anyone could transcribe her info onto one of those charts. This girl shouldn't be a match, especially since she has DNA done, but the noted teeth seemed to match in my, admittedly amateur, dental opinion. It made me curious about identifying teeth better.
Lulaida Morales Sejalbo
Missing since November 25, 1973 from Santa Clara, Santa Clara County, California.
Classification: Non-family Abduction

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: December 3, 1955
Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3" (160 cm.); 120 lbs. (55 kg.)
Distinguishing Characteristics: Asian female. Filipino. Black hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: Scar on right foot.
Dentals: Available. Teeth 17, 18, 19, and 20. 17 and 20 are virgin teeth, 18 has two restorations and 19 is missing.
AKA: Loyola Morales Sejalbo

This one is why I was wondering if anyone could transcribe her info onto one of those charts. This girl shouldn't be a match, especially since she has DNA done, but the noted teeth seemed to match in my, admittedly amateur, dental opinion. It made me curious about identifying teeth better.
Lulaida Morales Sejalbo
Missing since November 25, 1973 from Santa Clara, Santa Clara County, California.
Classification: Non-family Abduction

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: December 3, 1955
Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3" (160 cm.); 120 lbs. (55 kg.)
Distinguishing Characteristics: Asian female. Filipino. Black hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: Scar on right foot.
Dentals: Available. Teeth 17, 18, 19, and 20. 17 and 20 are virgin teeth, 18 has two restorations and 19 is missing.
AKA: Loyola Morales Sejalbo

Wow. I just did a side-by-side, and they're more alike than I expected, taking into account that Lulaida is smiling, and also that we don't know what Beth Doe's nose looked like.

The circumstances make it really really unlikely, not to mention the other side of the country, but...

Attachments

• lulaida and beth doe.png
    lulaida and beth doe.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 102
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics