Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding discussion of Obama's "silence" on the matter, I'm not sure if it should really be expected for President Obama to make a statement concerning the plane? The French president hasn't for example, but France has sent assistance and experts as has the US. I think the US is doing everything it should be and much more, and a statement from the president is not expected in these situations, I may be wrong. Also, we don't know anything yet about what happened so what do you say.

I agree, at this point i think the fact that the USA and many other countries, like France and Australia for example have offered up any resources requested and probably more is enough of a statement. I'm sure Obama has most likely privately contacted the family of the American citizen on board to assure them that the USA will do everything they can to help

I suspect they have a working theory that they are not about to divulge to we peeps. I think that they may have finally gotten some positioning info from various satellites that are top secret. That whole "arc" business was based on only the last two ping angles from the satellite..............maybe INMERSAT finally released the 6 prior angles which would give them an idea of north or south or otherwise. jmo

We thought our government could and would surely protect us from airplanes flying into our cities and taking out skyscrapers full of people. Until it happened. We have brilliant people working for this great nation, but we can't predict planned events the criminal sector of trained people have in store to bring us down.

We never thought a 777 could go missing without a trace...until it happened.

So what comes next?

Regarding discussion of Obama's "silence" on the matter, I'm not sure if it should really be expected for President Obama to make a statement concerning the plane? The French president hasn't for example, but France has sent assistance and experts as has the US. I think the US is doing everything it should be and much more, and a statement from the president is not expected in these situations, I may be wrong. Also, we don't know anything yet about what happened so what do you say.

Reasons why I think President should address this issue:
1. Americans and those who contribute to our economy (the 20 engineers) on plane.
2. This is a political issue, it involves a lot of countries with who knows what ramifications those in the know truly suspect. Nowadays we can not put our heads in sand believing we are safe, 911 changed that.

Granted, if a statement was made, I doubt it would be more than we are helping in anyway Malaysian government wants us to, so guess it is a bit moot.

ah just when I posted that! what did he say?

It was short, sweet and matter-of-fact.
The U.S will provide any assistance needed. The passengers and families are
In our prayers. Something along those lines.

I have no idea if this is the one he had but WOW that is awesome, amazing, I want one!!

Captain Sim -- Boeing 777 Expansion for MS FSX - YouTube

AMAZING!

It's pretty amazing what they can do with it these day eh?

This is the one I use as the base model for my sim - all the plugs, buttons, switches, gauges and lights etc are patched in with a PCB through USB and assigned in Miccrosoft flight simulator, with ORBX providing the scenery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elE8UE1ZEcg - Base Model Aircraft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkUgAW6LvoE - ORBX

Agreed.

The President is clearly aware and has been since this began. Nothing can be said. And, nothing happened here in the U.S. There are enough leaders of other Countries to say something. We just get in there and get looking, try to keep all involved calm. It is not the U.S. President's place to say anything in this matter. It is Malaysia's.

Apparently he did speak about it earlier today during an interview. I agree with you, btw! :seeya:

I have thought this for a while now. To think that the USA has not kept a close eye on things going on with the plane, IMO, is allowing MSM to control our thoughts! Come on, people, we are much wiser since 9/11 right?

How many soldiers lost their lives hunting for years for Osama Bin Laden when he was "in plain sight" in a very large city? How many remote caves, rugged terrain, hidden nicks and corners did so many search for the most highly profiled fugitive? What have we learned from Iraq, Afghanistan, on and on and on? I hope and pray "we" (meaning our powers that be) have learned a lot. And that the "eyes in the sky" watching the governments in that area of the world is working to provide valuable information to protect our great country. If not, I say shame on them!

We, American citizens, have gotten wise and we expect the USA leaders have us protected and are aware of the things that happen all over that area. Israel has beefed up security for reasons unknown to us. Our American government is moving our search ships/focus for reasons unknown to us. Are we to be led into sitting and watching the MSM for hours speculating, reporting a big headline from the Malaysian powers that be? The same Malaysian spokesman who reported a plane missing and had so many searching land and sea around the area it supposedly was last heard from way back on the 8th? And then..........:truce:

No, we are not told exactly what America intelligence knows; but, I am sure, it is a heck of a lot more than MSM can even come up with in their wildest speculations. Speculation after speculation is repeating the same speculation over and over. Meanwhile, over in China, our search team is being held up?

And let's not forget the GREAT egotistical host of the most expensive Olympic venue in history is smiling in glee at telling America and the rest of the world to KHA/stick it where the sun don't shine....He showed the world who's the best, right? We are all busy chasing down a mysterious disappearance of an airliner 24/7 and he's just patting himself on the back and making plans.....

I do not post often, but have read and followed Websleuths for way too many years. But, lately I have seen/read/interrupted a lot of you have been drinking the kool-aid.

The plane has been hijacked (that word is not being used a lot in MSM is it?). How high did it go, how low did it go....do we believe everything Malaysia has told us? We do know that it took a hell of a long time for anyone to say OMG, surprise, surprise the plane turned, twisted, jumped for hours after Maylasia says SOS. Everyday one little new declaration surfaces that makes us shake our heads in confusion/dismay?

One thing I do know is we have been slapped in the face again with the reality that human life is not valued by other nations/people as we do. Did a nefarious pilot(s) set a cruise control to commit suicide after turning away from water and flying over land. Did a pilot play games with a simulator to plot this? What extent did this pilot who was heavily into online activities and was even considered a sort of online "icon" meet and get involved with online bad guys? So many questions and so late in the game these questions come since the "alright, goodnight".

All I know is I have searched on Tomnod until I am weary and I do not see anything. I think we need to learn from Mr. Bin LD....just hide in plain site, put up a concrete wall and barbed wire.........and God please be with the families of flight 270.

No replies needed. I just had to type this out of my head.......rant over.

I know you said no replies, but I have to reply with:

:goodpost:

To me, I look at the silence coming from the US. If this was thought to be some mechanical error, they would be talking about it every day. That we are sending out so many ships to help with the search, that we think it was this and this and this thing that happened and here's how we think it happened. We are working with Malaysians in this and this way.

If it was thought to be plot by pilots, it would be the same way. We think the pilot did this and this and this. Malaysia has told us this and this. We are helping Malaysians this and this way.

Instead, it's virtually nothing.

That says something.

JMO.

**** And let me just add, I don't mean coming directly from Obama's mouth. I mean, "sources" would have leaked a lot more information. Newspapers would be reporting this "leaked" information. "Sources say" they are confident it was the pilot. "Sources say" they are confident it was some kind of mechanical error, and there's what they think happened. "Sources say" this is what where the arc information came from, this is what the pings showed, this is what it means. "Sources say" none of the passengers point were suspicious. Etc.etc..

There is no "sources say" for any of this, or if there is it is very little amount. And not really anything useful. For example, it's something like - US can say for sure it didn't land in Diego Garcia.

There is no insider information coming out - that is very telling, IMO.

Not sure if this has been posted. Not surprised.

McInerney said, “When the U.S. Navy quits their search, their ship search, they must know something in the Indian Ocean. When the Israeli Defense Forces, when they increase their defense alert, they must know something” .

Read more: http://www.lignet.com/InBriefs/Malaysia-Hunts-for-Missing-Jet-in-Pakistan-Israel-#ixzz2wRONX1Vg
All Rights Reserved LIGNET.com

Well, that's enough for me. It's just a matter of when.

Dang, now you guys are posting cool videos. I'm still watching crash videos to understand, but I don't think I'll be flying again anytime soon. Not that I want to fly, but it is the only way to see DD and family. Hopefully, I'll remember what page the cool stuff is on by weekend. ETA: Just learned, if you are on a flight landing in the ocean, do NOT inflate your life-preserver thing before you are told. It will not last and you will not make it.

What was the earlier post about an airbus and camera jam about? (A tweet)

Agree, especially if any comments might compromise the investigation.

It's such an American thing to think that the president needs to update them on issues that aren't the USA's problem, like he's CNN or something

We thought our government could and would surely protect us from airplanes flying into our cities and taking out skyscrapers full of people. Until it happened. We have brilliant people working for this great nation, but we can't predict planned events the criminal sector of trained people have in store to bring us down.

We never thought a 777 could go missing without a trace...until it happened.

So what comes next?

We never conceived of an airplane being used as a weapon until 9/11 either. We have become complacent about what the lunies out there are capable of . . . this does seem to me like something that has been well planned out for some time. If flight 370 is sitting on the Pakistani/ Afghan border it can't mean anything good. I do believe that our government and many others are very aware of what is going on and if they are gathering defenses, they are not going to broadcast or alarm us until necessary. Just my opinion.
Between this and the Ukraine Russia mess, things must be making those in charge everywhere very nervous.

Agree, especially if any comments might compromise the investigation.

Agree. We also must consider my Country and the U.S. etc. are not heading this Investigation. Unfortunately Malaysia is.

Have any of you heard this ??

The aerial search for missing Malaysia Airlines MH370 flight has been hampered by refusal from Indonesia to let planes overfly their territory.

Gosh I hope everyone does not start doing this...........That is bothersome no?.

One thing I do know is we have been slapped in the face again with the reality that human life is not valued by other nations/people as we do.

And the horrible agony of 239 mainly Chinese and Malaysian families over the possible mass loss of human life we have witnessed over the last 10 days means nothing?

Clearly, most nations/people around the world value human life just as much as we do, if not more.

And the horrible agony of 239 mainly Chinese and Malaysian families over the possible mass loss of human life we have witnessed over the last 10 days means nothing?

Clearly, most nations/people around the world value human life just as much as we do, if not more.

Oh thank you, I wanted to say that earlier, the sentence shocked me too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike