Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are there two possible flight paths? I understand they are pings from an aircraft received by a satellite. The reality is the airplane can only go ONE way! It either went north or went south, but not both routes! Can the brains that know it all not disclose this one simple answer? :banghead:

Radar works in a line with only one satellite picking up the signal they can't figure out north or south. The line is the only information they have. It is kinda easier to imagine the world as flat and radar picking up objects in rows. If only one satellite picks up a signal then they know it was in that row....without another satellite they can't tell where in that row the plane was. That's how my husband explained it to me and it made sense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I don't really know how secure the doors *really* are - especially if one had 7hrs of nothing but time to force the thing open... but I sure as hell would be giving it a red hot try.. (no pun intended should this be a fire scenario)
What happened to MH370? A pilot and a flight attendant give their views
Decent article; gives info about doors

I'm not 100% up on the timeline of events (they've changed back and forth so much its hard to keep up!) but yes, if this claim on the communications post changing course is right, its another nail in the coffin for old mate's fire theory that has been touted round the world with his smug little face on it.

Not finding the exact one I'm looking for; want to post this while I still have your post quoted (before lock lol)

Pilot possibly Spoke to Air Controllers After Shutoff of Data System

Timing of Report by Flight’s Pilot Focuses Inquiry
SEPANG, Malaysia — A signaling system was disabled on the missing Malaysia Airlines jet before a pilot spoke to air traffic control without mentioning trouble, a senior Malaysian official said on Sunday, reinforcing theories that one of the pilots may have been involved in diverting the plane and adding urgency to the investigation of their pasts and possible motivations.

Key moments emerge in tracking of missing Malaysia Airlines plane
By Michael Martinez, CNN updated 1:52 PM EDT, Thu March 20, 2014

12:41 a.m.: Takeoff - All tracking systems are working

Before 1:07 a.m.: Route change believed programmed into computer Investigators believe a change in flight plan was programmed into the plane's guidance system -- though not yet executed -- by this time, a senior U.S. official who was briefed on the investigation told CNN. This belief is based on data that was transmitted 12 minutes before the pilots' last voice communication, the official said.

1:07 a.m.: ACARS sends communication

1:19 a.m.: Voice check-in Someone in the cockpit makes a voice check-in with air traffic controllers as the plane is apparently leaving Malaysian airspace and entering Vietnamese airspace. Initial investigations indicate it was the co-pilot, Fariq Abdul Hamid, according to Malaysia Airlines officials. "All right, good night" were the final words from the cockpit

1:21 a.m.: Transponder off The plane's transponder stops communicating at 1:21 a.m., said Azharuddin Abdul Rahman, director of the Malaysian Department of Civil Aviation.

1:22 a.m.: Plane disappears from Thai military radar Thai military radar is tracking the plane's signal, but it disappears at 1:22 a.m., a Royal Thai Air Force spokesman told CNN.

1:28 a.m.: Thai radar picks up unknown aircraft The Thai radar station in southern Surathani province picks up an unknown aircraft flying in a direction opposite to what Flight 370 had been traveling, a Royal Thai Air Force spokesman told CNN.

About 1:30 a.m.: Civilian radar loses contact with plane Malaysian air traffic controllers in Subang, outside Kuala Lumpur, lose contact with the plane over the Gulf of Thailand between Malaysia and Vietnam at coordinates 06 55 15 N and 103 34 43 E.

1:37 a.m.: Expected ACARS transmission doesn't happen

2:15 a.m.: Military radar detection According to a Malaysian Air Force official, military radar tracked the plane as it passed over the small island of Pulau Perak in the Strait of Malacca. It was on the other side of the Malay Peninsula.

Military radar showed that it flew in a westerly direction back over the Malay Peninsula, Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Raza said. It is then believed to have either turned northwest toward the Bay of Bengal or southwest elsewhere into the Indian Ocean.

This was the last time any civilian or military radar is known to have tracked the aircraft.

2:40 a.m.: Malaysia Airlines says it learns plane missing from radar Malaysian air traffic controllers told Malaysia Airlines at 2:40 a.m. that Flight 370 was missing from radar, according to the airline.

2:40-3:45 a.m.: Malaysia Airlines preliminary search During this time, the airline "sourced every communication possible to (Flight 370) to locate its whereabouts before declaring that it had lost contact with the aircraft," the company told CNN.

3:45 a.m.: Malaysia Airlines issues alert Malaysia Airlines said it issued a "code red" alert that the plane was missing from radar.

6:30 a.m.: Plane should have arrived in Beijing

7:24 a.m.: Public announcement of disappearance

Malaysia Airlines announces the plane's disappearance on Facebook.

8:11 a.m.: Satellite 'handshakes'

Hope you don't mind if I use this as the link to post for the FAQ I'm writing up? :)

Think I found it but you need to pick through it; I'm out of time. I added everything to the timeline thread if you need it again

As I said early on it is my opinion that the plane was on the ground before it was reported missing. I will stick with that till there is real news.

"Pilots and sailors are facing major challenges. Sailors designate the region as "Roaring Forties". This is an area with strong west wind drift between the 40th and 50th southern latitude. In this area, the weather is usually unstable and the waves high. In addition, a hurricane moves on. "The cyclone 'Gillian' could constrict the SAR," said Malaysia's Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein at a press conference in Kuala Lumpur."

Source: www.n-tv.de/panorama/Das-entdeckte-Objekt-koennte-eine-Tragflaeche-sein-article12515321.html

Not finding the exact one I'm looking for; want to post this while I still have your post quoted (before lock lol)

Before 1:07 a.m.: Route change believed programmed into computer Investigators believe a change in flight plan was programmed into the plane's guidance system -- though not yet executed -- by this time, a senior U.S. official who was briefed on the investigation told CNN. This belief is based on data that was transmitted 12 minutes before the pilots' last voice communication, the official said.

1:19 a.m.: Voice check-in Someone in the cockpit makes a voice check-in with air traffic controllers as the plane is apparently leaving Malaysian airspace and entering Vietnamese airspace. Initial investigations indicate it was the co-pilot, Fariq Abdul Hamid, according to Malaysia Airlines officials. "All right, good night" were the final words from the cockpit

1:21 a.m.: Transponder off The plane's transponder stops communicating at 1:21 a.m., said Azharuddin Abdul Rahman, director of the Malaysian Department of Civil Aviation.

1:22 a.m.: Plane disappears from Thai military radar Thai military radar is tracking the plane's signal, but it disappears at 1:22 a.m., a Royal Thai Air Force spokesman told CNN.

1:28 a.m.: Thai radar picks up unknown aircraft The Thai radar station in southern Surathani province picks up an unknown aircraft flying in a direction opposite to what Flight 370 had been traveling, a Royal Thai Air Force spokesman told CNN.

About 1:30 a.m.: Civilian radar loses contact with plane Malaysian air traffic controllers in Subang, outside Kuala Lumpur, lose contact with the plane over the Gulf of Thailand between Malaysia and Vietnam at coordinates 06 55 15 N and 103 34 43 E.

2:15 a.m.: Military radar detection According to a Malaysian Air Force official, military radar tracked the plane as it passed over the small island of Pulau Perak in the Strait of Malacca. It was on the other side of the Malay Peninsula.

Military radar showed that it flew in a westerly direction back over the Malay Peninsula, Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Raza said. It is then believed to have either turned northwest toward the Bay of Bengal or southwest elsewhere into the Indian Ocean.

This was the last time any civilian or military radar is known to have tracked the aircraft.

2:40 a.m.: Malaysia Airlines says it learns plane missing from radar Malaysian air traffic controllers told Malaysia Airlines at 2:40 a.m. that Flight 370 was missing from radar, according to the airline.

2:40-3:45 a.m.: Malaysia Airlines preliminary search During this time, the airline "sourced every communication possible to (Flight 370) to locate its whereabouts before declaring that it had lost contact with the aircraft," the company told CNN.

3:45 a.m.: Malaysia Airlines issues alert Malaysia Airlines said it issued a "code red" alert that the plane was missing from radar.

:loveyou: Great timeline.

Which to me, points to the co-pilot somehow, based on the very beginnings.

Since he said the last words: "Alright, goodnight" after the flight path was manually changed.

Here is China's recent satellite image.

197651-bd14a972-aa28-11e3-9a89-1de6a43f024e.jpg

Source: http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...w-hostage-theory/story-fnizu68q-1226853195656

"Pilots and sailors are facing major challenges. Sailors designate the region as "Roaring Forties". This is an area with strong west wind drift between the 40th and 50th southern latitude. In this area, the weather is usually unstable and the waves high. In addition, a hurricane moves on. "The cyclone 'Gillian' could constrict the SAR," said Malaysia's Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein at a press conference in Kuala Lumpur."

Source: www.n-tv.de/panorama/Das-entdeckte-Objekt-koennte-eine-Tragflaeche-sein-article12515321.html

Be safe, searchers :please:

This is going to push any debris around, too. Could the rough waters from the cyclone possibly bring any debris back up to the surface?

Be safe, searchers :please:

This is going to push any debris around, too. Could the rough waters from the cyclone possibly bring any debris back up to the surface?

Not if it's gone to the bottom, it's hundreds of feet down. Could sink what is still floating though :banghead:

Not if it's gone to the bottom, it's hundreds of feet down. Could sink what is still floating though :banghead:

Ughhh :(

Come on, Mother Nature, work with us, here! So frustrating, especially for the families.

Someone pointed out on C2C last night that the Malaysian Grand Prix starts on the 28th.

http://www.thesundaily.my/news/993846

That could be a good reason to steal a plane with the intent on making it into a bomb.

Oh no...

This is a thought... Isn't it...

Bombers target locations where there are large gathering of people...

And the Malaysian Grand Prix is/will be an event with many people attending and participating...

:eek:

But the southern path indicated does not traverse Indonesia.

At 2:15am, the last Thai and Malay military radar blip showed MH-370 leaving the Malacca Strait on a northwest heading toward the Andaman Sea.

The flight path on that published map shows the potential southern turn out at sea far off the Indonesian coast.

If Slate/CNN are right and the southern path should have shown up on Indonesian military radar, it seems like it should have passed much closer to Indonesia than the map indicates.

This is what I don't understand. If it didn't pass over Indonesia or very close to the border, then didn't it have to go out quite a ways into the ocean and then make either a drastic turn (again) southward or makes a huge arc out into the ocean to get turned that way? So either way, if it didn't go over or close to Indonesia, then someone had to program that turn or manually do it on purpose? If so, where did they think they were heading and why - not buying suicide for the sake of suicide alone, but possibly to kill someone(s) on board? Maybe this is out there, but is it possible the plane gently landed on the ocean and there was enough time for a pickup, then it sank?

there's a part of me that wonders if this whole story about these boys is a ruse....the "they wanted to escape Iran and mama is waiting" makes them more sympathetic, but it is all fishy to me

I've been wondering exactly the same thing, and in my opinion it's no coincidence they were on the flight.

Oh no...

This is a thought... Isn't it...

Bombers target locations where there are large gathering of people...

And the Malaysian Grand Prix is/will be an event with many people attending and participating...

:eek:

If they have the plane to make into a bomb, why go back to Malaysia?

A former FBI boss says the focus should be on the crew of flight MH370 and dismisses fire and mechanical failure theories.

"If it was flying on automatic pilot it wouldn't be changing altitude, it wouldn’t be going left and right, making turns and dropping to 5,000 feet, you know somebody was flying that airplane."

http://news.sky.com/story/1230064/malaysia-plane-criminal-act-behind-mystery

My apologies if this has been previously shared. Still catching up on the last thread, however I found this interesting....and even if these batteries had nothing to do with "this" flight, I'd like to know, as a passenger, what type of cargo is being transported in the aircraft in which I am a passenger of....I hate flying anyway, so the thought of dangerous or valuable cargo on board my flight, does not sit well. At. All.:scared:

http://www.businessinsider.com/malaysia-plane-lithium-ion-batteries-2014-3?op=1

Malaysia Airlines Admits The Plane Was Carrying Flammable Lithium-Ion Batteries As Cargo

Malaysia Airlines has now confirmed that Flight 370 was carrying lithium-ion batteries in its cargo hold, the Daily Mail reports. This new fact could bolster the theory that the plane was brought down by a fire rather than a hijacking or other malfeasance.

On Friday, Malaysia Airlines CEO released some new information that could bolster the fire theory. Four days after denying that the plane had carried any hazardous materials, the CEO admitted that it was carrying a shipment of lithium-ion batteries in its cargo hold.

Malaysian investigators say they believe that the plane was commandeered, and one fact in particular they have released does not fit the fire theory. They say that the plane changed its course prior to a final radio communication in which the co-pilot said "good night" to air-traffic control — a routine call that made it seem like everything was fine.

If they have the plane to make into a bomb, why go back to Malaysia?

Who knows?

But who knows why things like this happen in the first place?

But it could be ACT 2 in this event...

Targeting a large group of influential people with a very large "bomb" (jet filled with explosives/etc.)

:dunno:

Hope you don't mind if I use this as the link to post for the FAQ I'm writing up? :)

A former FBI boss says the focus should be on the crew of flight MH370 and dismisses fire and mechanical failure theories.

"If it was flying on automatic pilot it wouldn't be changing altitude, it wouldn’t be going left and right, making turns and dropping to 5,000 feet, you know somebody was flying that airplane."

http://news.sky.com/story/1230064/malaysia-plane-criminal-act-behind-mystery
But I don't know if that is necessarily true due to the waypoints. According to what I have read, that is a standard way to plot an alternative course by the pilot.

I have been giving this a lot of thought about the set course and the waypoints. I am not so sure the pilot didn't add this particular autopilot course as one he came up with on his own as a contingency plan in case of a hijacking or dire situation such as a hypoxia event especially if it did take the plane out and over the open ocean until it ran out of fuel.

Can they check other planes he was responsible for flying to compare what he could have set up on those?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member