Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad Cooper appeared at a press conference today thanking those who were searching for his missing wife. Nancy Cooper had told friends she wanted a divorce. She wanted Brad Cooper to leave the house but he refused. At today's press conference Brad wore a long sleeve shirt. Later today scratches were noticed on his arms.

Nancy Cooper, 34 was discovered around 7:30 tonight by a citizen walking his dog around Woody's Lake, a small lake, more like a pond off of Holly Springs Road down near the end of Felding Road in Cary. An autopsy will confirm the identity and make a determination as to the cause of death. Hopefully an arrest will be made before the six o'clock news.

http://www.bluelineradio.com/news714.html

I'd appreciate if we could stop implying that the victim should shoulder any of the blame. Maybe it is worth discussing after the dust has settled, but right now it is not constructive.
My apologies, NancyFriend. I will remove my posts as I see they bother you. I wasn't trying to say the victim in any case is to blame...only pointing out that there are warning signs. Others may be reading here who are in such a situation.

Brad Cooper appeared at a press conference today thanking those who were searching for his missing wife. Nancy Cooper had told friends she wanted a divorce. She wanted Brad Cooper to leave the house but he refused. At today's press conference Brad wore a long sleeve shirt. Later today scratches were noticed on his arms.

Nancy Cooper, 34 was discovered around 7:30 tonight by a citizen walking his dog around Woody's Lake, a small lake, more like a pond off of Holly Springs Road down near the end of Felding Road in Cary. An autopsy will confirm the identity and make a determination as to the cause of death. Hopefully an arrest will be made before the six o'clock news.

http://www.bluelineradio.com/news714.html

Holy cow!!! Scratches? As in nail scratches? :eek:
He's in big trouble.

It still has not been confirmed the deceased is Nancy? I saw the one link, but it was not main stream media.

As far as I know, it has not been confirmed that the deceased is Nancy.

I just wanted to say that you and Nancy's entire family are in my thoughts. I had planned to go volunteer to search today and then I heard the news last night. I'm so sorry for all of you. If this turns out not to be Nancy then I will be out to help look for her when the search resumes.

Are there other missing women in the immediate area of Cary, NC that we aren't aware of? Raleigh is close so could this person be from there?

I'd appreciate if we could stop implying that the victim should shoulder any of the blame. Maybe it is worth discussing after the dust has settled, but right now it is not constructive.

No one at all has "implied" that Nancy deserved to be hurt and no one has implied that this is "her fault".

People having questions does not take away from the fact that she is an innocent victim and no one here has ever said that she "shoulders the blame". NO ONE AT ALL.

Sorry, but it is frustrating not to be able to discuss this until the ID is made. My thoughts and prayers are with Nancy's children and family while they wait for news.

I'll be very surprised if the body is not hers. LE definitely knows by now. Once I was involved in a search and we found her body - we knew right away it was her because of the clothing/purse. The news didn't release it was her until after the autopsy a few days later. So sad.

It would be horrible if it took days for an official identification of the body. ckwood32, in the case you are referring to, why did LE take days for the official news?

We found her body on a Sunday but confirmation it was her was in the paper on a Tuesday. Sorry - I didn't mean too many days.

It would be horrible if it took days for an official identification of the body. ckwood32, in the case you are referring to, why did LE take days for the official news?

For the sake of Nancy's family and friends I hope that isn't the case. The only thing I can think of is if this body was not dressed in what Nancy was described as wearing. Depending on decomp they may need dental records and any prior finger prints on file anywhere.

Yesterday many of the people searching wore long pants and shirts since we were going further into the woods and it was pouring so we chilled faster. Brad was spotted searching with the police and made a comment he was being eaten up with possible poison ivy. He was itching all over. Maybe the scratches are from him itching or the brush and not Nancy?? I know I am probably grasping at straws in hopes Nancy will be found alive and he is innocent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23