Show Transcripts and Show Videos - NO DISCUSSION!

January 10, 2009
Greta OTR

Tim Miller Speaks Out on Greta Van Susteren

Casey’s defense team wants those records and maps that — wants records and maps from the group Equusearch. Equusearch helped look for little Caylee when she disappeared. Tim Miller, the founder of Equusearch, joins us live. Good evening, Tim.

TIM MILLER, TEXAS EQUUSEARCH: Hi, Greta. How are you?

VAN SUSTEREN: Very well. So Tim, has the defense or the prosecution reached out to you said, I want this from you, or, I want something?

MILLER: No, absolutely not. I heard yesterday that there was a motion to get our records, and then I heard today that the judge was in favor of Baez. And we were never notified by the court, never notified by anybody. And you know, we’re going to live up to what the judge says, but you know, I’ve got some — I got a few problems there.

Number one, I’ve talked to my counsel late this afternoon. He’s in one state, I’m in another. And they’ve got to realize we’ve got a very small office, two volunteers in there. We’ve got over 20,000 pieces of paper. That’s going to be extremely time-consuming and costly.

And my other concern, of course, is all the volunteers that came out there and gave everything from their heart, whether anybody’s thinking about — because, Greta, what we do is we give that information to the police when they ask for it because it has all their personal information on it. I just don’t know if anybody thought about whether these 4,000-plus people, all their personal information needs to be given to somebody that we don’t know what’s going to happen to.

So I’ve got some questions. I’m working with counsel on that. And again, we’ll obey any order the judge gives us, but again, I’m disappointed I wasn’t notified, but you know, we’ll see where this is going to head from here.

VAN SUSTEREN: In terms of the search that Equusearch did, do you know if Equusearch searched the area where, ultimately, the remains of Caylee were found?

MILLER: We most definitely did search that area, Greta. And the first time we were there — of course, you know, we got there the very beginning of September, and that was right after Tropical Storm Fay came in, and the water was so high and — and I got a lot of criticism when I suspended the search because I said, You know what? I’m afraid that little body’s under the water. If it is, she’s just totally skeletonized. And I don’t want a horse to step on her or a ground searcher to step on her or a four-wheeler drive over her and take a chance on pushing that little body down in the mud and jeopardize any chance of her ever being located, so I suspended the search.

November, we went back and we searched that area again. And at the area — because I physically went to the area the day that Caylee’s body was found. And that area again in November, when we searched it, that exact area where Caylee was at was under water still.

And again, I made the decision we are not going to do any searches in water because this is a tiny little skeleton and we’re not going to jeopardize it. And the land owner adjacent to where Caylee’s body was found stated his own self that approximately a week-and-a-half before Caylee’s body was found is when the water level went down to the point that you may have been able to see something back there.

So I think we made the right choices. We was there, and you know, we — we don’t have a thing in the world to be ashamed of. I know that.

VAN SUSTEREN: And Tim, thank you for joining us.

MILLER: Thank you, Greta.

From On The Record With Greta Fox News.Com

My transcript from here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU42g8maV8c

Did this one myself, hope it helps.

GMA: Our exclusive interview with the Orange County Meter Reader who discovered the remains of Caylee Anthony, the Orlando Florida toddler who disappeared last June and whose mother has been charged with her murder. As our Andrea Conning (sp?) reports, the way her remains were found is one of the most puzzling and mysterious aspects of this disturbing case.
GMA voiceover: As authorities and the community searched relentlessly for little Caylee Anthony over the summer, Florida utility worker Roy Kronk made a crucial discovery that would only come to light months later. In August he noted a suspicious garbage bag on his route, about a half mile from the Anthony home. Acting on a hunch, he persistently called 911 three days in a row. (plays 911 call: There was something round and white, underneath of it, and I don't know what it is, but it just doesn't look like something that should be there. (jumps to third call) There is a (mumble) there that I saw something, I called in a tip the other day and they said they would dispatch an officer out to me when I got there, and I'm here.) But after searching the area the sheriff's deputy concluded that there as nothing of interest to the Caylee Anthony case. Kronk believes the search wasn't thorough because the area is infested with snakes. He said he even showed the deputy this photo he took of a rattlesnake. Four months later, in December, Kronk made another call to authorities from the area. This time it wasn't just a hunch - he had discovered a child's body. (plays 4th call from December 11th: I'm in a wooded area down by the school, I need you like, NOW. I just found a human skull.) Finally ending the seven month search for Caylee. Kronk was praised for discovering Caylee's body, but now information has surfaced concerning his own past: In the early 90s he was arrested on kidnapping charges. Kronk maintains he was vindicated and the old charges have no bearing on this case. The Oramge County Sheriff wouldn't comment on the arrest, but did release this statement: "He saw something that was suspicious and acted upon it as any good citizen should. He did the right thing." For Good Morning, America, this is Andrea Canning, ABC News.

GMA: Now just a short time ago, Roy Kronk joined us here in the studio and as Andrea said, even though the Orange County Sheriff's department has praised him for being a good citizen, that has not prevented some to speculate he knows more than he is telling. Roy, first of all, thank you very much for joining us this morning, we appreciate your time. Can you give us... just take us back to how you went about discovering the remains.

RK:Well August 11th was the first time I was ever assigned that route and we got done with that route about 1:30, but we don't have to be back at the office until 2:30. So we found the only shady spot there was. And if you look at the place, that area of Suburban where the body was found, there's a swamp on either side of the road. And the only thing down at the end of that road is a school, the elementary school. So at that time, school wasn't in session. So the only people going up and down that road would either be maintenance workers or people like that going to the school, there would be very little or no foot traffic at all.
And I used to be a boarding officer in the coast guard and I also was a bailbondsman/bounty hunter for years and it just kind of made sense to me that if you were going to get rid of something like that, with the decay of the, the smell of the swamp decay on either side of the road, it would have been a great place to hide it.

GMA: And so, you make this discovery, you call 911.
RK: Yes.
GMA: And what was the response?
RK: Well, I called that night about 9:30, 10 o'clock. And they said "OK." And then, nothing happened, no one called me back. I called again the next night about 9:30, 10 o'clock, they told me to call Crimeline. I didn't want to call the Crimeline, I just wanted to stay as anonymous as possible, and so I called Crimeline, and they said they would have an officer meet me out there. So the next day when I got off work I drove over there, I called, the officer showed up, he pulled his expandable baton out, went down to the water's edge. I pointed in the area where it was at, and he just swept his head back and forth and said 'I don't see anything.' And pretty much that was it.
GMA: That was in August, and in December you go back to the same area, why did you go back?
RK: I had to to go to the bathroom. So I went in there and I looked over and I saw a shape that didn't look quite right to me... and when I pulled the bag up, I basically looked down and there it was.
GMA: Did you know it was the same area where you had found....
RK (interrupts): Roughly, yeah. Except there was no water there this time cause it all dried up.
GMA: And you called authorities again?
RK: Yes ma'am.
GMA: And this time they did find...the remains.
RK (interrupts): Yes ma'am.
GMA: Do you have any idea why, when they were there in August, nothing was found, but then returning in December, Caylee's body was found?
RK: Well, there was water there in August. And I guess the deputy didn't want to go out into the water to look at the bag.
GMA: Were you frustrated that you had made this discovery months ago and it took until four or five months later for it to be determined that it was her body?
RK: Well pretty much, I mean, the cop was like, I would say he was kind of rude to me and I just didn't really...I was trying to help out, I was trying to be a nice guy and I'm catching all this so I just didn't care any more.
GMA: We saw in Andrea Canning's piece, that you came forward and you let the media know that look, there's a kidnapping charge in...
RK: (interrupts) Right.
GMA: Never went to the grand jury...
RK: Actually, it went to the grand jury but it came back as not a true bill, and so it was sealed, expunged from my record, and the only reason I came forward with it is that, I have nothing to hide.
GMA: And you wanted to come forward and make sure that everybody knew everything about you because you didn't want to be, be the focus.
RK: Exactly, I didn't want this to be happening what is already happening.
GMA: There's so much speculation about, um, about your possible involvement and as a private citizen that came forward, and helped, and helped so much in this case, how do you feel about all that?
RMA: Um, no good deed goes unpunished? I mean, all the speculation that there's like tips and all... nobody tipped me off, I figured this out by myself. And I just have chose not to say anything back til today.
GMA: Well, let's set the record straight, today. Did you have any contact with anyone in the Anthony family before finding...?
RK: I've never even met those people, no.
GMA: Did you have anything to do with the disappearance of Caylee Anthony or anything like that?
RK: No, of course not.
GMA: Would you still do it all over again?
RK: They've been really hard on me. And, you try to the right thing, you try to be a nice guy, and you just get vilified. And for people... I mean the sad thing is, people actually believe some of the things that are being said. And, I have nothing to do with this at all. But, you know, you listen to some of these conspiracy theories and, you know, I've done everything known to mankind, I haven't done anything. I just tried to help put a little closure to that poor child, and (inaudible) she got a decent burial, and end all this. That's all I tried to do.
GMA: Thank you very much for coming forward and talking with us this morning.
RK: Thank you.
GMA: We (inaudible) appreciate it. And wish you all the best.
RK: Thank you.
GMA: He wanted to come forward and set the record straight.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milkjug
Back