The Duct Tape Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a SWAG :crazy: here, but torn duct tape should show signs of stretching near the end. A cut end shouldn't look distorted from stretching.

Hey Peculiar...just out of curiosity...SWAG (was someone a devil dog sniper?) not many people use that acronym. :clap:

Hooray! The FBI found fibers on the duct tape! Just what I was hoping for. The adhesive on duct tape sort of oozess past it's edges, so the SIDES of the roll are sticky and pick up particles & hairs from from whichever surface that roll was sitting on. When you peel back the tape and tear off a piece (yes, duct tape is easy to tear), and hold it up to a light you might see lint and specks along the edges, or in other words, evidence of where that roll was sitting prior to being used in the crime, such as the real killer's car trunk or bedroom carpet.
I must have missed that today in all of the excitement....wouldn't it be great if there are some carpet fibers from her trunk attached to that tape !

:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar

I must have missed that today in all of the excitement....wouldn't it be great if there are some carpet fibers from her trunk attached to that tape !

:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar
The presence of fibres on duct tape samples was mentioned in previous document dumps. Today I see reference on p 5586.

"Textile fibres of various types and colors" recovered.

The tape samples referenced are the one from the Anthony gas can, and three samples associated with the skull.

We still await results of tests on these samples.

IMO Any fibre comparison match here is significant because the tape is attached to the skull and so closely linked to the murder. Other fibres on or near the remains that match the Anthony home could be explained as expected from her association with the home, but comparisons with fibres on the tape link the skull tape (murder) and the Anthony home.

Nothing definite revealed in todays docs, but an avenue still open with great potential.

I can't figure out how GA can continue making glowing remarks about Casey (he's so proud of her...blah blah blah) knowing what she used that tape for.

I'd be willing to bet he scoured that entire house and removed all traces of that tape for his little CEO.

It does look like traces of duct tape might have been removed prior to search, but why leave the piece on the gas can? Just a mistake?

LE did wisely swoop as soon as duct tape found on skull (Dec11th). That was while GACA were away at LKL and so had no chance to hide/dump tape etc.

Perhaps "little boy sleuth" had the for thought before then, or KC "thought" to get rid of tape while out on bail?

tapecomp2.jpg

Hopefully, the logo on the piece from the skull is 8.5 threads from the edge... just saying...

tapecomp2.jpg

Hopefully, the logo on the piece from the skull is 8.5 threads from the edge... just saying...
Good point.

But not the end of the world if there is some discrepancy.

I don't know whether single roll width or multiple roll width goes through some sort of printing stage? A single roll width "wiggling about" could end up with distance from edge varying a bit?
But I agree: 8.5mm would be nice.

Thanks for the photo work

IIRC, the only Henkel Duct tape found in the A home/garage (to match the Henkel tape found at crime scene) was the tape over the gas can ? LE didn't locate a roll of Henkel tape at the A home ? IIRC, the matching trash bags and canvas bag were hidden in the garage, one item was up on top shelf, the other in a plastic bin. Someone hid the relevant items, and the only way Cindy, George or Lee would know to hide those things was if Casey told them...Hinky.

It makes me ill to say this - and someone may have mentioned this already. I am skeptical about the chloroform/drugging angle but I could see KC murdering Caylee in a fit of anger.

My speculation around the duct tape fits with a spontaneous murdering of poor Caylee. I can envision Caylee being cranky, tired, maybe having a tantrum. KC is stressed and angry at Cindy and Caylee. I could see KC telling Caylee to "shut up" and then grabbing some tape in a fit of rage to put over her mouth so that Caylee would be quiet. "I'll make you shut up" I can see her grabbing a sticker and placing it on top of the duct tape - "you want a sticker - I'll give you a sticker" She may not have intended to kill Caylee on that day at that time, but she did.

I think the murder occurred in the A's home after George left. She grabbed whatever she could find to wrap Caylee up and backed the car into the garage and put Caylee in the trunk. She may have tried the backyard first (neighbor's shovel) but that would have been too difficult.

I need to recall the date in which the A's indicated the pool ladder was askew. I wonder if KC did this to create a possible accidental drowning excuse if needed.

Oh well - it is all speculation. I really wish we knew what happened to poor Caylee.

So the character named Pearl from SpongeBob has a heart shaped sticker on her silver duct tape colored lips AND George mentions SpongeBob three times during the memorial service.

yep now how could that be I think they can take that roll of tape and check to see if it came from the same tape found over the mouth on her remains.

See how they're now paying for giving Zanny a key to the garage. :eek: Ahh, if only they could've done things in hindsight. :rolleyes::bang:

Oh, I do agree.

Even a butch bloke would most likely steady bottom when pouring gas.
I was just casting some doubt on the suggestion that the absence of usable prints necessarily means a cover up, and purposely wiping prints off. There may not be a lot and they may be smudged.

There were no prints on the shed doors either, so I surmised someone cleaned.

The tape shown in the evidence photos that have been released of the gas can, is a very unusual, unique type of duct tape.

I became curious after viewing the pictures because in 35 years of commercial construction here in Florida, I have never seen duct tape with the manufacturer’s logo, temperature tolerance, model numbers, etc. printed on the face of the tape.

I sent e-mails to the Henkel Corp. questioning the type of tape shown in the photos of the gas can. I received an e-mail reply from Henkel identifying the tape as Henkel “Fireguard Duck Tape”, which has been discontinued

Henkel “Fireguard Duck Tape” was designed to “hold, seam, and seal HVAC sheet metal and flex ducts” according to company information bulletins.

Henkel “Fireguard Duck Tape” held such a minor share of Henkel’s sales, it has been discontinued. A minor share, of a less than major share, of duct tape sales in general does not qualify for “the most common duct tape sold in this country” as stated by the defense.

If the Anthony's had work done to their home's a/c and heating system, that could have been the source of this unique type of tape.

The tape shown in the evidence photos that have been released of the gas can, is a very unusual, unique type of duct tape.

I became curious after viewing the pictures because in 35 years of commercial construction here in Florida, I have never seen duct tape with the manufacturer’s logo, temperature tolerance, model numbers, etc. printed on the face of the tape.

I sent e-mails to the Henkel Corp. questioning the type of tape shown in the photos of the gas can. I received an e-mail reply from Henkel identifying the tape as Henkel “Fireguard Duck Tape”, which has since been discontinued

Henkel “Fireguard Duck Tape” was designed to “hold, seam, and seal HVAC sheet metal and flex ducts” according to company information bulletins.

Henkel “Fireguard Duck Tape” held such a minor share of Henkel’s sales, it has been discontinued. A minor share, of a less than major share, of duct tape sales in general does not qualify for “the most common duct tape sold in this country” as stated by the defense.

If the Anthony's had work done to their home's a/c and heating system, that could have been the source of this unique type of tape.

This is some expert sleuthing. I'm both under and overwhelmed!

BUMP! :woohoo:

I still bet a million dollars to a burnt match that the "Duct tape" and related evidence is the key!
:eek:ther_beatingA_Dead

I sent e-mails to the Henkel Corp. questioning the type of tape shown in the photos of the gas can. I received an e-mail reply from Henkel identifying the tape as Henkel “Fireguard Duck Tape”, which has been discontinued

(HP)Did you read this post?:eek: (HP)Could the "Duct Tape" Really be the prosecutions "Smoking Gun"?

Concerned Papa-Thank you for this post and for going out of your way to obtain this information!:blowkiss:

(HP)Did you read this post?:eek: (HP)Could the "Duct Tape" Really be the prosecutions "Smoking Gun"?

Concerned Papa-Thank you for this post and for going out of your way to obtain this information!:blowkiss:

The fact that it's soooo rare to find duct tape with printing on it really narrows down the possible sources.

:cow:

BUMP! :woohoo:

I still bet a million dollars to a burnt match that the "Duct tape" and related evidence is the key!
:eek:ther_beatingA_Dead

The fact that it's soooo rare to find duct tape with printing on it really narrows down the possible sources.

:cow:
It would be nice if this were to be the case, but so far the only report we've had of anyone possessing that particular kind of tape comes from a local with no construction connection who (IIRC) purchased it from a home improvement store in the area.

It seems that at least at one point in time it was commonly available in the vicinity.

(Hi, Herc. Good to see you back.)

It would be nice if this were to be the case, but so far the only report we've had of anyone possessing that particular kind of tape comes from a local with no construction connection who (IIRC) purchased it from a home improvement store in the area.

It seems that at least at one point in time it was commonly available in the vicinity.

(Hi, Herc. Good to see you back.)

42-I'm not always the brightest bulb in the box, but I thought poster CP was telling us that THE Henkle Duct Tape found on Caylee's body AND on the
A's gas can was Very Rare!!!

(P.S.-H was Here but for a Fleeting Moment...only to get his nose stuck firmly in the corner once again!) Argh!:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown