Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are so many news reports coming out it is hard to keep up, but I would sincerely appreciate ANY update on where Jessica's body was located or a description/area. TIA

ETA - Sorry that sounds so weird, just want to compare it to a psychic's prediction. She's been right so many times, but she doesn't always get to find out the final results. This case is going so fast & I want to see & keep track for her (she didn't ask), but it may help in other missing cases YKWIM.

Dee, in first reports they said Jessica's body was found near Poplars Golf Club, in latest news it says off Cary Road. Here are links to both locations, though it seems to me Cary Road would be the most likely location. That location marked "B" on the map just comes up by Google, it doesn't mean that is the exact location where her body was found.

Off Cary Road
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=62+Cosy+Cove+Ln+to+Cary+Road&sll=44.484015,-77.237663&sspn=0.062093,0.110207&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=13

Poplars Golf
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=62+Cosy+Cove+Ln&daddr=Poplars+Golf+Club&hl=en&geocode=%3BFYRfpgIdue5k-yGFPB676xGtqimvlWgvCCXTTDGIIcE2nc0UYQ&mra=ls&sll=44.476728,-77.275284&sspn=0.0621,0.110207&ie=UTF8&ll=44.461353,-77.272339&spn=0.062117,0.110207&t=h&z=13

Just found this News Article that mentions both Cary Rd. and the Golf Club:
The body of Jessica Lloyd, 27, of Belleville, missing since Jan. 28, was found off Carry Road this morning in Tweed.
Under Photo:
Investigation: The residence of Col. Russ Williams at 62 Cozy Cove lane was cornered off yesterday for an investigation. Reports say missing Belleville woman Jessica Lloyd's body was found at a golf course nearby.
http://www.thepioneer.com/?q=node/5677

This is an interesting article I just found that answers some questions about DNA testing.

"DNA testing used to be a slow, expensive process, taking months and costing tens of thousands of dollars. Now the testing can be done quickly, in a matter of days, for as little as $250. But Dean Hildebrand says procedures that need to be followed, combined with heavy caseloads, mean results can easily take weeks."

"The military is increasingly using DNA profiles in place of traditional means of identification such as dog tags. New recruits now routinely supply blood or saliva samples, which are stored and used to identify soldiers killed in action."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/crime/dna.html

Dee10 wrote:
There are so many news reports coming out it is hard to keep up, but I would sincerely appreciate ANY update on where Jessica's body was located or a description/area. TIA

ETA - Sorry that sounds so weird, just want to compare it to a psychic's prediction. She's been right so many times, but she doesn't always get to find out the final results. This case is going so fast & I want to see & keep track for her (she didn't ask), but it may help in other missing cases YKWIM.

I don't think I've ever driven on Cary Road, but I've driven on Marlbank Road which connects to it. According to this annotated map from the Globe and Mail http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?hl=en...,0.14986&t=h&z=13&iwloc=00047f1b1cc0a91a4c443 Jessica's body was found on Cary Road about a mile north of Marlbank Road with woods on both sides of the road. It's not a heavily populated area anyway, but this stretch of road looks very isolated. Depending on when Jessica was placed there, it may have been very low-risk -- late at night before she was found missing headlights would not likely have been seen or seen as suspicious. That she was found along a road with trees may have meant tread or boot marks left in the snow would have been protected from sun-melt, which could have helped nail the perp. So, the isolated area helped keep the drop-off hidden, but that very same factor may have preserved the evidence needed to catch him... And it's been cold lately.

Just one more question: Who the heck is Jeff?

Sorry, saw "jef mallett" and goofed, AG... :(

I don't think I've ever driven on Cary Road, but I've driven on Marlbank Road which connects to it. According to this annotated map from the Globe and Mail http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?hl=en...,0.14986&t=h&z=13&iwloc=00047f1b1cc0a91a4c443 Jessica's body was found on Cary Road about a mile north of Marlbank Road with woods on both sides of the road. It's not a heavily populated area anyway, but this stretch of road looks very isolated. Depending on when Jessica was placed there, it may have been very low-risk -- late at night before she was found missing headlights would not likely have been seen or seen as suspicious. That she was found along a road with trees may have meant tread or boot marks left in the snow would have been protected from sun-melt, which could have helped nail the perp. So, the isolated area helped keep the drop-off hidden, but that very same factor may have preserved the evidence needed to catch him... And it's been cold lately.

Thank you for the map CDNnewsmedia. I had no idea the roadside canvass on Highway 37 was that close to Tweed! So close to his house!

I'm a bit confused about "may have meant tread or boot marks left in the snow would have been protected from sun-melt, which could have helped nail the perp." You mean Jessica's body was found before RW was arrested? I was thinking he had confessed after he was shown irrefutable evidence that put him into all the crime scenes, and had no choice but to tell where Jessica's body was. I think I need to go to bed.

Dee10 wrote:

Thanks for this very useful map. I must say that for RW to pick two victims (the home invasion/sexual assault ones) who both live on the same stretch of road as he did took a hell of a lot of gall.

But most importantly, if poor Jessica's remains were found within hours of RW's arrest in an isolated wooded area, that's beyond coincidence. How did LE know just where to look? The only answer I can think of is that RW told them ... and that's tantamount to a confession.

JMO

Thank you for the map CDNnewsmedia. I had no idea the roadside canvass on Highway 37 was that close to Tweed! So close to his house!

I'm a bit confused about "may have meant tread or boot marks left in the snow would have been protected from sun-melt, which could have helped nail the perp." You mean Jessica's body was found before RW was arrested? I was thinking he had confessed after he was shown irrefutable evidence that put him into all the crime scenes, and had no choice but to tell where Jessica's body was. I think I need to go to bed.

According to all news reports and I'm almost positive the press conference, Williams was arrested in Ottawa on Sunday and Jessica's body was not found until Monday morning. It's my opinion that he must have told LE exactly where to look.

I agree with everyone who has speculated that even more previous crimes are going to jump out of the woodwork in the near future. This is going to turn into a rare case of a sociopathic serial killer made even more shocking by this man's high-ranking military position. It will be huge!

JMO

Having said that, I want to stress that I have not forgotten how devastated Jessica's family and friends must be and my heart aches for them. I have a daughter with the same name who is just one year older. I can't even imagine ... ! :(

Thanks Hazel & CDN for the input & maps!

After the all those days searching & not finding her...this guy is arrested & they find her the next day. Looking at the maps; I think he must have told them...can't see anyway around it really.

I feel for anyone that is somehow connected to this horrible case. There will be no answers for anyone; survivors or family members. If he is talking...hopefully they can get other rape victims etc. off the files. I can't find any words to say...I don't think there are any words to say. :furious: :furious::furious::furious:

Thanks for this very useful map. I must say that for RW to pick two victims (the home invasion/sexual assault ones) who both live on the same stretch of road as he did took a hell of a lot of gall.

But most importantly, if poor Jessica's remains were found within hours of RW's arrest in an isolated wooded area, that's beyond coincidence. How did LE know just where to look? The only answer I can think of is that RW told them ... and that's tantamount to a confession.

JMO

[bbm]

not to mention he knew at least one of them ... the victim who commented in the press said she drove by his house and waved in Dec. and he waved back

gives me the heebeejeebees bigtime

All I can say is "wow"............first of all I am truly sorry to hear they found this poor girl murdered.......I lived alone for years and this is the exact thing you fear, but I always thought "it only happens in the movies".....

This guy is truly scary, a man who looks respectable, has a very respectable position in the airforce, married.......not a that you think is the baddy.........it really is like in the movies....the quiet mister normal neighbour........

he progressed from sexual assaults to murder very quickly.....I hope he started in Sep hlast year but somehow I think he has sexually assaulted others.........hopefully his murder spree had only started once he got the taste for it........and thank god he was caught!!!! without doubt he would have kept killing women...

I just came across this... I'm with Revampz all I can say is WOW!!!!
This guy is a serial killer and apparently never came up on radar, I hate that Jessica Lloyd was killed, but if it were not for her disappearance this guy would still be out there for however long continuing this. Thank God he has been caught!

I am sorry I don't know know how to link but there are two people listed as missing here on Websleuths in the "missing but not forgotten" thread.
Calvin Vanness 65, missing since March 2008
Rita Boyd 47, missing since October 2008
At first glance they seem unrelated but who knows. Belleville is not that big.

All I can say Dee, is that I am very aware of that environment, and off Cary Road is the golf club which takes up a lot of that road that corners with Cary. From what I hear from a credible source, she was found on the course.

So I just have a curious question, what rapist profile does he seem to fit? I am seeing that both anger and sadist profiles fit here, but he was also part of the "gentleman" rape profile... Quite a bizarre man, it seems.
I'd love to hear someone's thoughts on profiling him. Also, did it seem like he went for a standard woman, or was he just opportunistic in his approach? I mean, he must have known that these women were home alone at that given time- because Comeau had a boyfriend that just happened to not be in while it was happening. My thoughts are that he was a base commander who worked long hours, always leaving and going in the dark- so where did he get his time to plan this?
Just wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member