Ron's possible plea deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know the prosecutor doesn't need Ron's testimony, the tape says it all, do you suppose they just want Ron to testify against Misty in front of her so she will get mad & spill the beans (assuming Ron was involved that is) either then or later? It's the only reason I can see Ron could be of value.

Thats what I think. I think that offer came with the 25 years, truth be told. And the 25 I am talking about is the amount of time Ron told Hope the State offered.

jmo

Noooo, that's not his tongue. To me, it looks like a fat lip from a good shot to the mouth.

RCMouth.jpg

OOOH, the close up is even better to look at.
azwriter

OK we really wanted to give you some room to talk today. But this bashing has taken over this thread. Please stop now. No more bashing or name calling. That isn't how we roll here.

We know the prosecutor doesn't need Ron's testimony, the tape says it all, do you suppose they just want Ron to testify against Misty in front of her so she will get mad & spill the beans (assuming Ron was involved that is) either then or later? It's the only reason I can see Ron could be of value.
LE wants Ron to spill the beans on Misty's involvement with Haleigh. I don't think LE suspects Ron of anything other than covering for Misty...but I think they're playing hard ball & Ron knows that if he wants a break in the drug case, he's gonna have to stop feigning ignorance, & tell what he knows. If LE is right, & Ron isn't directly responsible, I hope this plan works, because Haleigh needs to be found. Also, if Ron isn't directly responsible, I hope he doesn't come out of this a hero. It makes me sick that he's only willing to cough up what he knows, in order to help himself. But honestly, I can see the logic behind withholding information, if you're a drug trafficker...because that information can be used to reduce these mandatory minimums. This whole set up makes me want to throw up. so, in other words, information on Haleigh, is like hitting the mandatory minimum lottery. but for all those folks, who are just plain old druggies, & aren't hiding a child's death...well, they're just **** out of luck, & can take their mandatory minimums. I guess it pays to to be a well rounded rounded criminal. MOO

LE wants Ron to spill the beans on Misty's involvement with Haleigh. I don't think LE suspects Ron of anything other than covering for Misty...but I think they're playing hard ball & Ron knows that if he wants a break in the drug case, he's gonna have to stop feigning ignorance, & tell what he knows. If LE is right, & Ron isn't directly responsible, I hope this plan works, because Haleigh needs to be found. Also, if Ron isn't directly responsible, I hope he doesn't come out of this a hero. It makes me sick that he's only willing to cough up what he knows, in order to help himself. But honestly, I can see the logic behind withholding information, if you're a drug trafficker...because that information can be used to reduce these mandatory minimums. This whole set up makes me want to throw up.

Except if the cops only suspected him of covering for Misty for whatever reason, then why was he hanging out with her, wearing his wedding band during the drug bust videos after he made a big deal out of divorcing her and telling cops, hey, I let her go, go find my daughter, well, if hes covering he knows, so why didn't he go to the cops and tell? This is his bio child, he should prob have more loyalty to his little 5 year old, at this point he had only known Misty for 5 months at the most. If hes covering for Misty its because hes just as responsible for Haleighs death as Misty is.

jmo

The state asked for the continuance. Not the defense. The State said that there were some things that needed to be worked out before the plea and they needed 30 days . The judge at that time asked if there IS going to be a plea. He asked Shoemaker and that state. They both said YES

Hi.

Anyone or KSH---have they said when he will go back to court again?

I try to keep up with Haleigh's threads. TIA!

Does anyone have any boric acid handy? I really need to wash my eyes out! Maybe some clorax too? That picture scared the bejesus out of me!

Peachy forgot to warn me about it!!!!

OK, I'll go with an attachment this time, LOL. IMO, he's definitely sporting a fat lip. Something or someone has busted him in the mouth.

Attachments

• RCMouthComp.jpg
    RCMouthComp.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 79
Except if the cops only suspected him of covering for Misty for whatever reason, then why was he hanging out with her, wearing his wedding band during the drug bust videos after he made a big deal out of divorcing her and telling cops, hey, I let her go, go find my daughter, well, if hes covering he knows, so why didn't he go to the cops and tell? This is his bio child, he should prob have more loyalty to his little 5 year old, at this point he had only known Misty for 5 months at the most. If hes covering for Misty its because hes just as responsible for Haleighs death as Misty is.

jmo
Yes, I completely agree with your assessment, but if that is LE's theory, (& I'm just guessing), I'm not sure how they justify Ron's behavior. maybe they think that people in love, do stupid things, or maybe they think that Ron didn't want his private life scrutinized, or maybe they think that Ron cared more about being with Misty, than he did in seeking justice for his daughter. IDK what they think or if they even care about the whys...maybe they just care about solving this investigation. Also, LE may not suspect Misty of killing Haleigh. They may suspect Tommy of murder, suspect Misty of covering for Tommy, & suspect Ron of covering for Misty. It's hard to figure out this LE's motivation. But if Ronald has answers, I hope he isn't rewarded too much.

OK, I'll go with an attachment this time, LOL. IMO, he's definitely sporting a fat lip. Something or someone has busted him in the mouth.

Thanks Papa, do you know where I can get some new corneas? LOL

It's very possible Ron has some "chew" stuffed into the lower lip

LOL, I suppose any thing's possible, but a spit cup would seem to be a tad awkward to use while in shackles, not to mention somewhat disrespectful to the court.

LOL, I suppose any thing's possible, but a spit cup would seem to be a tad awkward to use while in shackles, not to mention somewhat disrespectful to the court.

IF he had chew, it was a small amount and something he could handle without having to disrespect the court.

While I think that it is entirely possible that it's a small amt of tobacco in his bottom lip, I have to say that in my opinion it's improbable. Here is why I think this; If tobacco is considered contraband, as I've been told it is...would LE give it to him on say, the ride over to court? Mmmm I don't know...I can't see anyone in LE going the distance with media coverage and all, turning a blind eye for RC. I think it is highly more likely that it's something else... I'd be more willing to accept at this point, that it's weight gain and a habit of biting lower lip, that has given it markings... JMO

BBM

As one who listens to the scanner for Putnam County every single night, I can assure you LE is most definitely not slack where drugs (or any other area) are concerned. A look at the booking log will show there are many people arrested and booked for drugs, but with the low bonds for most charges, the jail has a revolving door. Once they post bond, LE can't keep them there. That is the job of the judicial system and therein lies the problem. The judges and the DA need to step it up and stop letting people get off with a slap on the wrist. The consequences need to be more serious. All just my humble opinion.

ETA: southernvagirl, I hope you know my post was not meant to "slam" you and I do agree with the rest of your post. :)

The part I have bolded is exactly what I think, Peachy. LE and undercover LE does their job and arrests these criminals, and the DA rather make deals than go to trial, then the judges are too lax in some areas. There was a lawyer here running for city judge, he had made all of his money defending drug dealers, and was really slick. I actively campaigned against him. He lost because too many others felt as I did. Thank goodness we have a DA that comes down hard on drug dealers and criminals and judges that will not put up with any nonsense.

Ronald had a deadline for his plea. That went past. Then his lawyer asked for a continuance and it was denied. Now this morning we find out he gets a 'do-over' and a delay. Heck, let's just give them all a 'do-over' and a delay. Might as well. The only one I see in prison so far is Hope.

I am seriously wondering if I will live long enough to see that whole bunch in prison or if my blood pressure will do me in first.

Sorry, I am still very upset and I do not see that changing. This is Ronald and his lawyer 'werkin the system'.

JMO

As much as I want to agree that the continuance is frustrating, I do believe it was not a defense tactic this time. I think the prosecution wants to avoid trial if they can, but the plea deal RC and his attorney want is not totally acceptable to the state, so they need time to get all their ducks in a row. The SA probably should have been better prepared for today, IMO, but it does look like RC and Shoemaker did not ask for this continuance as a way to stall things further, IMO.

But good grief...another month!? Regardless of which side made the request I can't see why they need that much time.

The only part of this that does not make me physically sick is that at least he is still in jail. But I was prepared for some BS today, so I am not surprised.

Some posts were removed. Please refrain from "devilish" comments. There was definitely some bashing in here while I was gone but I'm going to give everyone a pass this one time. It is okay to express being upset, it is not okay to bash the players.

This thread will reopen after everyone gets a chance to read this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taylor Sage