GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.

And one more thing i forgot..

The missing sock.
We've heard everything it could have been used for, from a ligature to it was taken as a trophy. But how about it was used for a practical reason at the body deposit site? One i've not heard mentioned before. What if the sock was used as a glove in a panic situation. Wear it like a glove to avoid fingerprints. Or wipe your hands with, wouldn't there be dirt on your hands after placing the body of the wet ground/snow. Surely some attempt at covering the body with leaves or snow was made?

The sock looked rather big & possibly stretchy, is it possible the murderer used the sock as a balaclava ??

16-Sock_529290t.jpg

5336454417_489166845a_z.jpg

This is the reason why I think anyone just commiting such a serious crime would avoid the suspension bridge like the plague. You can see the toll point with no less than 3 C.C.T.V cameras visible.

5336442839_8796296ed3_z.jpg

I've marked the Clifton suspension bridge route to the Quarry in blue. The alternative Avon bridge route in orange, which is also the route most people in Bristol would be familiar with and know i should imagine. It certainly leads more to the centre of Bristol by the looks of things.

All has gone quiet on the C.C.T.V front, and they've have had 14 days to go through it now.

The sock looked rather big & possibly stretchy, is it possible the murderer used the sock as a balaclava ??

16-Sock_529290t.jpg
No way if it was my sock...they would have passed out and been caught immediately!

Hi.

I'm was one of those guests lurking for a few days. I must say this is a very puzzling and absorbing case. I have a few things that i can't get to grips with. Like why is there no mention of the Quarry at all? We know the body was left on the grass verge outside the quarry entrance. But when did the quarry close for Christmas. Was there no security, nightwatchmen on such a big site? Someone must have opened the gate only feet away from the body if it was left there weekend 17th. Snow cover or not, I think you would notice a body there.

Also are the Police only considering the Clifton suspension bridge as the only route taken? Just because it's the quickest way, It doesn't mean it's the only way to Longwood Lane. Someone having just commited a murder doesn't act rationally. Some can think better under pressure than others I guess. But in all honesty anyone living in Bristol would know the Clifton suspension bridge is a notorious suicide spot. You have to stop the car infront of C.C.T.V to pay the toll. Even someone in a mass panic would give that route a very wide berth. We've all seen Crimewatch and the news, everyone is wise to C.C.T.V catching criminals these days.

If the police are only counting on that route and discounting others. I think there making a big mistake myself. They want to look at the next bridge down, the Avon bridge route in my opinion.

The quarry may have packed up early for Xmas in view of the bad weather - I imagine snow interferes with the quarrying process.

Total CCTV cameras on the Clifton Suspension Bridge:

That certainly would convince me to consider an alternate route, based on the circumstances.

Yes definitely, i do wonder though if when her body was dumped that they left it there temporarily & intended to return & move it into the quarry ??

New Guardian piece just up:

Joanna Yeates murder police turn to Crimewatch

Detectives hunting the killer of Joanna Yeates have acknowledged that their investigation needs new stimulus and are planning an appeal for information on the BBC programme Crimewatch to be screened in 17 days' time.

The BBC confirmed police were discussing a reconstruction of the murder for the show that will air on 26 January (...)
---
However, news that the Crimewatch programme is planning to feature the landscape architect's death has fuelled concerns that the investigation has stalled.

the rest at
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/jan/08/joanna-yeates-murder-crimewatch-appeal

I think, if there is no acceleration in the hunt for clues...and no new lines of enquiry..there is a very good chance that the detective in charge of this case will be replaced by someone with more experience. The public, including Jos' parents, must surely be losing patience with the police in the hunt for this killer.

Yes definitely, i do wonder though if when her body was dumped that they left it there temporarily & intended to return & move it into the quarry ??

Good point, considering where the body was left I think it would be save to say the Quarry was the intended place for the body. I doubt they would take the chance of tipping it over a wall and just 'hoping' it would end up somewhere concealed. Either a passing car spooked them, the locked quarry gate, thick vegetation, or pitch blackness foiled him/them from getting in.

The quarry recycles old building material into agregate. Plenty of machinery to crush things into a hundred pieces.

Good point, considering where the body was left I think it would be save to say the Quarry was the intended place for the body. I doubt they would take the chance of tipping it over a wall and just 'hoping' it would end up somewhere concealed. Either a passing car spooked them, the locked quarry gate, thick vegetation, or pitch blackness foiled him/them from getting in.

The quarry recycles old building material into agregate. Plenty of machinery to crush things into a hundred pieces.

Perhaps it could of been somebody that worked at the quarry ?? They were going to bring the body in & bury it somewhere once they could gain access ??

Perhaps it could of been somebody that worked at the quarry ?? They were going to bring the body in & bury it somewhere once they could gain access ??

The strange thing with the quarry site is they would already have to know about it and think it was the ideal place to get rid of the body. If you look on the quarry website it states hardly anyone knows it's there, even some people living in the village are unaware of it. If you look on Google street view you can't see it from any road, even Longwood Lane itself.

Quote from here
http://www.tarmac.co.uk/durnford/about.html

Many people in Bristol are unaware of the existence of the quarry, despite the fact that quarrying has taken place at the site since before 1880 and has achieved production levels of aggregate in excess of one million tonnes per year.

And here
http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/new...d-readers/article-1080951-detail/article.html
A quarry lies in the village of Long Ashton and although hundreds of people pass it every day, many people, including some living in the village, are aware that it exists.

The strange thing with the quarry site is they would already have to know about it and think it was the ideal place to get rid of the body. If you look on the quarry website it states hardly anyone knows it's there, even some people living in the village are unaware of it. If you look on Google street view you can't see it from any road, even Longwood Lane itself.

Quote from here
http://www.tarmac.co.uk/durnford/about.html

Many people in Bristol are unaware of the existence of the quarry, despite the fact that quarrying has taken place at the site since before 1880 and has achieved production levels of aggregate in excess of one million tonnes per year.

And here
http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/new...d-readers/article-1080951-detail/article.html
A quarry lies in the village of Long Ashton and although hundreds of people pass it every day, many people, including some living in the village, are aware that it exists.

I've always wondered if anybody working in Landscape Architecture would have cause to know about the local quarry? e.g for supplies. I know some architects like to source locally?

I've always wondered if anybody working in Landscape Architecture would have cause to know about the local quarry? e.g for supplies. I know some architects like to source locally?

They would know in terms of contractors possibly using meterials and for budgets on jobs.

I think the dump was more opportunist though and it just happens a quarry is nearby.

5336442839_8796296ed3_z.jpg

Yes another good point. Longwood lane isn't really a short cut to anywhere if you look on the aerial image. You can see both roads the B3129 Beggers Bush (Police suspected route) and the B3128 Clarken Coombe (alternative route) actually meet up a little past the quarry. You really would be hard pushed to know the quarry was there. Given both roads meet up you really wouldn't have any reason to travel up Longwood Lane.

5336726211_f73cd8e56e.jpg

That stone crushing machinery/conveyor belt looks very ominous to where the body was left in my opinion.

quarryl.jpg

Jo's body was dumped on the left hand side of Longwood Lane, this Quarry is huge, witht the main site located on the right hand side of the road only accessible via a tunnel - i would say they would of attempted to take the body into the main site, but then reading the last post about a stone crushing conveyor i'm not too sure now ??

Considering the depth of analysis regarding the Quarry & where/when Jo's body was found, i think they were very fortunate to find her body rather than a case of it was well concealed. The chances are the person/s that dumped her here were going to return & finish the job - & if they had, Jo would never of been found "somebody, give that dog a bone !" I expect the plan was to return later on Christmas Day to manouvre the body into the site, going on the assumption the body had not been there that long ??

The quarry entrance is set back so I think the person disposing of Jo pulled in and any cars that may have passed were looking straight ahead. Great place to swing around after disposal. I would assume on a country road most folk driving are looking ahead where as in a built up area we tend to rubber neck at shops and people.
Locals would certainly know about the cameras on the suspension bridge and would have used the other route over the Avon bridge/Brunel bridge.

It is difficuilt to say when the body was left there, but i agree with you the quarry was the intended place for the body. No murderer wants a body to be discovered do they surely? Until there is a body, there is no murder. It's still a missing persons case (I think) there are only a handful of murderers ever jailed without a body.

The person didn't want the body to be found, they would only do that if they had any compassion for the family. But they obviously haven't that type of conscience because they haven't given themselves up.

5337384368_41a99f7809_z.jpg

These Bing map aerial image are about 4/5 years old now, before the crushing conveyor was in this corner of the quarry. But you can see that just a grass bank (easy enough to drag a body down) is all that stands in the way.

Was just thinking...did the house have a cellar ? maybe just one person had the key. I'm saying this as my house is similar, my cellar has been filled in but 4 doors down they have a large cellar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998