TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
If gone at 3'15, Hailey would be on the street at approximately the same time as brothers ride was bringing him home. Guessing that the driver of the car that brought him home took a poly.

I don't think we can count her being on the road as fact, much less at 3:15. SA didn't leave Big Spring until 2:40. How did he even get home at 3 to see her and "know" what time she left? It does not fit. She was never on the road for anyone to see.

GRACE: One more thing I`ve got to ask you. You have told me, and we have asked police, and they tell us they cannot confirm it, that a neighbor sees your daughter Hailey in your backyard around 12:00 noon, talking on the cell phone. That would be the Monday. The Monday she goes missing.

But police say they have tried to verify that, and they cannot. Are you positive? And what neighbor is it?

DUNN: He is actually living in a neighbor`s house. I think his name is Charles. The man that owns the house is Travis. But he told us that he seen Hailey in the backyard and he said he told police that also.

GRACE: OK, because we have asked police and they`re telling us they cannot verify it. And if that`s true, that means that nobody absolutely can positively say they saw Hailey since the night before at 10:00 when you saw her watching TV.

That changes the whole -- that`s a whole new ball game if we cannot spot her. Your son comes home, your 16-year-old comes home at 4:00 p.m. the next day, Monday. Hailey is not there. The boyfriend is there.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/12/ng.01.html

Yes, and I remember seeing a news clip where an African-American man was interviewed and he said (paraphrased) that he saw her that day talking on the phone in her backyard. There was a fence behind him in the video, and I remembered thinking that the fence was high, and he must have been looking over the fence (standing right next to the fence) to see her in the backyard -- if that was a fence between the backyards. I have mentioned seeing this video before, but cannot find it. Could this man be "Char....."?

If it was him and he no longer lives there, well that is troubling to me and raises a red flag. MOO

If you leave a cell phone home for kids, you should leave a key home for them. Obviously the brother didn't have a key. Was there one? Is it missing?

On the other hand bellyup, when he supposedly made those calls to Billie, he wasn't under investigation for the disappearance and possible murder of a young girl. Seems like it would really be in his best interest to play meek and mild.

But IME (which is pretty extensive) with abusive men ... it's not something they can just "shut off". Even if it's in their best interest. If he was really abusive he wouldn't be able to control the impulses to manipulate this situation IN SOME WAY. Either by calling her non stop, or going by the house, or speaking to the media, or SOMETHING. We've heard no reports of anything like that at all.

I don't read much into the expressions on peoples faces in snapshot pictures or what they contain unless it's REALLY obvious or the photo was known to be taken at a specific event or for a specific reason. I think any one of us have photos of our children in which one could look at it later and say "Oh, that child looks dirty, unkept, unhappy, sad, abused, etc." Snap shots can catch some weird expressions or weird "things" and without knowing what was going on I don't think we can read too much into them. We have no idea what was said to Hailey right before this photo.

For example I attach a photo of my son as an infant (I cropped his face out) . What would be said if my son were missing and this photo was somehow released to media???

Poor baby! Looks like he fell or leaned into a grill! either that or another sibling and he got into it and they scratched his face all the way down.

Good questions, but we have not heard the answers. We only know that Billlie said she left the phone at home for the kids, and that it pinged Tuesday morning.

In addition to pings can't the LE get the phone records of calls made from all the cell phones? If it is true she was always out in the back yard or shed on the phone, I would be very interested in knowing who she was talking to, if they know, or if they have talked to these people to find out the topic of conversations. Have any of her friends indicated that she told them she was afraid of SA, or if anything had happened in the home? Also have there been any other strange things happening in that small town?

Have any of her teachers or counsellors been questioned?

Could someone please check the drive times in this section of the timeline while I move forward and add some more in?

Thanks!

05:30:00 AM: Shawn leaves for work. 24.9 miles/36 minutes Colorado City <> Snyder. 5:30am + 36 min = 6:06am

06:00:00 AM: Shawn arrives at work, gets a Dr. Pepper, sees supervisor, does not speak to anyone.

06:06:00 AM: Estimated arrival time at work for Shawn. 5:30am + 36 min = 6:06am

06:10:00 AM: Shawn leaves work. 24.9 miles/36 minutes Colorado City <> Snyder. 6:10am + 36 min = 6:46am.

06:20:00 AM: Billie leaves for work, picked up by co-worker. Billie leaves cell phone home for the kids to use.

06:35:00 AM: Shawn returns to Colorado City, where Hailey's home is located.

06:46:00 AM: Estimated arrival time at Colorado City for Shawn from 6:10am. 6:10am + 36 min = 6:46am.

06:56:00 AM: Shawn's cell phone stops pinging in Colorado City. 38 miles/41 minutes between Colorado City <> Big Spring. 6:56am + 41 min = 7:37am

07:37:00 AM: Estimated arrival time at Big Spring for Shawn from 6:56am. 6:56am + 41 min = 7:37am

09:38:00 AM: Shawn arrives in Big Spring, where his mother's home is. Shawn makes 11 phone calls. Cell phone starts pinging again in this location.

12:00:00 PM: Billie claims a man (Charles) who lives with a neighbor (Travis) sees Hailey in yard talking on phone. Mike Board of WOAI claims his station found a woman who saw Hailey in the yard on the phone, but no time is given.

02:40:00 PM: Shawn exits Big Spring. 38 miles/41 minutes between Colorado City <> Big Spring. 2:40pm + 41 min = 3:21pm

03:00:00 PM: Shawn arrives Hailey's home in Colorado City. Shawn claims Hailey is there, and tells him she is going to her dad's, then to her friend's.

03:15:00 PM: Shawn claims Hailey leaves home, leaving all personal belongings behind. No one sees her walk anywhere on this entire day. Bloodhounds later track Hailey going toward her father's house, toward her friend's house, and toward a hotel.

03:21:00 PM: Estimated arrival time at Colorado City for Shawn. 2:40pm + 41 min = 3:21pm

That picture speaks volumes... :(

(That was the picture of Hailey that I had seen on NG that made me think SOMETHING happened to that little girl b/t the date of the cheerleader pic and this pic - yes, one is posed and one is a snapshot, but there just seems to be an overall sense of sadness...)

Do you notice it looks like BD has 2 arms on her right side? One of his tricks I am sure...

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331756

That picture speaks volumes to me. As a stepmom, I can't imagine taking a picture (on Christmas, at that) with my stepson and hubby and just throwing my arm around my hubby and leaving my stepson to sit there all alone. I can't believe BD wouldn't want to "include" her daughter by putting her arm around her or her hand on her leg...something! I agree with other posters - BD seems more concerned with her relationship with SA and with what people think of her than finding her daughter. Also, my stepson is almost 12 and I can't imagine us not knowing where he was at any given moment. It is crazy to me that no one really checked to make sure Hailey got to where she was going, etc. If SA told BD that HD was going to her dad's and then to stay with a friend why wouldn't BD check on her? My stepson has to call us as soon as he gets to point B and most of the time we talk to the other parents to make sure it's okay for him to come over, etc. Strange that if BD was told she went to stay the night with a friend why didn't she call to check on her? Not adding up.

But IME (which is pretty extensive) with abusive men ... it's not something they can just "shut off". Even if it's in their best interest. If he was really abusive he wouldn't be able to control the impulses to manipulate this situation IN SOME WAY. Either by calling her non stop, or going by the house, or speaking to the media, or SOMETHING. We've heard no reports of anything like that at all.

I don't think he was abusive or the one in control unless they were in some type of power exchange BDSm relationship (thinking of the S&M literature stuff they found in the house). But even IF he was, still doesn't give her or any other abused woman a pass. I've been abused. the second he laid a hand on me I was OUT of there.

Could someone please check the drive times in this section of the timeline while I move forward and add some more in?

Thanks!

05:30:00 AM: Shawn leaves for work. 24.9 miles/36 minutes Colorado City <> Snyder. 5:30am + 36 min = 6:06am

06:00:00 AM: Shawn arrives at work, gets a Dr. Pepper, sees supervisor, does not speak to anyone.

06:10:00 AM: Shawn leaves work. 24.9 miles/36 minutes Colorado City <> Snyder. 6:10am + 36 min = 6:46am.

06:20:00 AM: Billie leaves for work, picked up by co-worker. Billie leaves cell phone home for the kids to use.

06:46:00 AM: Estimated arrival time at Colorado City for Shawn from 6:10am. 6:10am + 36 min = 6:46am.

06:56:00 AM: Shawn's cell phone stops pinging in Colorado City. 38 miles/41 minutes between Colorado City <> Big Spring. 6:56am + 41 min = 7:37am

07:37:00 AM: Estimated arrival time at Big Spring for Shawn from 6:56am. 6:56am + 41 min = 7:37am

09:38:00 AM: Shawn arrives in Big Spring, where his mother's home is. Shawn makes 11 phone calls. Cell phone starts pinging again in this location.

12:00:00 PM: Billie claims a man (Charles) who lives with a neighbor (Travis) sees Hailey in yard talking on phone. Mike Board of WOAI claims his station found a woman who saw Hailey in the yard on the phone, but no time is given.

02:40:00 PM: Shawn exits Big Spring. 38 miles/41 minutes between Colorado City <> Big Spring. 2:40pm + 41 min = 3:21pm

03:00:00 PM: Shawn arrives Hailey's home in Colorado City. Shawn claims Hailey is there, and tells him she is going to her dad's, then to her friend's.

03:15:00 PM: Shawn claims Hailey leaves home, leaving all personal belongings behind. No one sees her walk anywhere on this entire day. Bloodhounds later track Hailey going toward her father's house, toward her friend's house, and toward a hotel.

03:21:00 PM: Estimated arrival time at Colorado City for Shawn. 2:40pm + 41 min = 3:21pm

That's what I'm talking about...he could not have been home at 3. The story falls apart right there.

Do you notice it looks like BD has 2 arms on her right side? One of his tricks I am sure...

...and Hailey may well have been annoyed with his antics and it may describe why Billie is so close to him and so far away from Hailey. He has his arm through her hoodie ? (not sure ... but it could be)

I don't read much into the expressions on peoples faces in snapshot pictures or what they contain unless it's REALLY obvious or the photo was known to be taken at a specific event or for a specific reason. I think any one of us have photos of our children in which one could look at it later and say "Oh, that child looks dirty, unkept, unhappy, sad, abused, etc." Snap shots can catch some weird expressions or weird "things" and without knowing what was going on I don't think we can read too much into them. We have no idea what was said to Hailey right before this photo.

For example I attach a photo of my son as an infant (I cropped his face out) . What would be said if my son were missing and this photo was somehow released to media???

I'd say your son was laying on something and had just changed sides, thus the mark on his cheek. Is that right?

That's what I'm talking about...he could not have been home at 3. The story falls apart right there.

Was hailey seen on camera at the hotel? and did the dogs stop at the door or was there a scent inside the hotel?

Was hailey seen on camera at the hotel? and did the dogs stop at the door or was there a scent inside the hotel?

according to the NG show, there was NO footage of Hailey on the hotel cameras.

As for the scent, it didn't lead anywhere, it was outside and it was just a spot.

Yes, and I remember seeing a news clip where an African-American man was interviewed and he said (paraphrased) that he saw her that day talking on the phone in her backyard. There was a fence behind him in the video, and I remembered thinking that the fence was high, and he must have been looking over the fence (standing right next to the fence) to see her in the backyard -- if that was a fence between the backyards. I have mentioned seeing this video before, but cannot find it. Could this man be "Char....."?

If it was him and he no longer lives there, well that is troubling to me and raises a red flag. MOO

Phew....I finally found that video clip of the neighbor mentioned above. He does not say anything about *that* day though. Here's the clip:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKg_E8gUo_0&feature=related[/ame]

Thanks!

These are what concern me the most.

(Thank you, Bean, for your hard work on these details!!)

Oh wow. Just...wow.

Talk about a picture being worth a thousand words!

Does something look weird in that photo to you all? Like SAs arm- he is wearing a black sweatshirt but it looks like pink fabric on his right arm? I'm not explaining this right lol. Maybe his arm is inside her sweatshirt or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500