CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoted from kinsmapj:

someone smashed in her mailbox approx one month before her tragic end... really drove her bananas.

Thanks for the info. Do you know if AG called the police about this?

Was hers the only mail box that was smashed.

Usually when vandals smash mail boxes they do several in the same area.

Was hers the only mail box that was smashed.

Usually when vandals smash mail boxes they do several in the same area.

She definitely did not call the police and I'm virtually certain that hers was the only one damaged.

Any other acts of vandalism of any kind or prank phone calls ?

That is interesting about the mailbox. Coincidental?

For anyone who watches Nancy Grace, remember a few years ago one of the lawyers on her panel (Daniel Horowitz) and his wife lived in a isolated place and they had a teenage neighbour who was running a drug/credit card theft business and using the Horowitzs mailbox to receive "goods". One day Mrs Horowitz was home alone and the kid killed her in the most brutal way. I am not sure but I think she caught him in the act. I know this is very far fetched in relating to Ms Gleaves but the mailbox and then murder is odd.

That is interesting about the mailbox. Coincidental?

For anyone who watches Nancy Grace, remember a few years ago one of the lawyers on her panel (Daniel Horowitz) and his wife lived in a isolated place and they had a teenage neighbour who was running a drug/credit card theft business and using the Horowitzs mailbox to receive "goods". One day Mrs Horowitz was home alone and the kid killed her in the most brutal way. I am not sure but I think she caught him in the act. I know this is very far fetched in relating to Ms Gleaves but the mailbox and then murder is odd.

I remember that case, C4 .. and thanks for the reminder about the mailbox. The sexual aspect to AG's case however seems to be a factor that sets her case apart quite from the circumstances in the Horowitz case .. unless the sexual component is a red herring.

ETA: Personally, i don't think it is a "red herring" ... not an easy leap from burglar/whatever to having the stomach for the type of attack that seems to have occurred on Audrey.

Kinsmapj ... could you please tell us what kind of housekeeper AG was, and also if there were any outbuildings on the property?

Also, with AG being an avid gardener, do you know if she made any trips to the local garden centres, and did she have any friends who shared her interest in that?

Thanks !!

For me, it's the "sexual component" in AG's case which upsets me the most. I keep asking myself - why did the killer have to go that far? It's really too much.

Yes of course... someone smashed in her mailbox approx one month before her tragic end... really drove her bananas.

It's hard to say... I guess I never really thought about the murderer coming after me. I wish that I understood what motivated this crime, though I can't imagine any possible motivation that would link AG & I as targets.

I guess it is too late now for DNA testing of the mailbox?....
Did AG ever voice her suspicions as to who the culprit might be ?

Kinsmapj ... could you please tell us what kind of housekeeper AG was, and also if there were any outbuildings on the property?

Also, with AG being an avid gardener, do you know if she made any trips to the local garden centres, and did she have any friends who shared her interest in that?

Thanks !!

Hmm... I suppose lots has been said in the news but suffice it to say that AG spent more time pursuing hobbies than cleaning. Although recently we spent time together tidying various rooms in her home, clearing old books, removing garbage, etc. There were no outbuildings on the property. She did indeed visit Harper's Garden Center in Ancaster (Wilson St) whenever she wanted to pick up some new plants or just shoot the breeze or ask for advice... she didn't really merge with the "gardening community" though :).

I guess it is too late now for DNA testing of the mailbox?....
Did AG ever voice her suspicions as to who the culprit might be ?

I suppose... though it seems unlikely any would have been present anyways. Looked like more of a drive-by smash-in. AG mentioned that she had her mailbox smashed in once or twice before but never mentioned a potential culprit. I think she always chalked it up to a random prank.

Sorry to ask about the mailbox again, but I am wondering if AG's name was on it..

Nope... Was a very plain black tin mailbox

We have had several mail box incidents in our area over the last couple years.
A bunch of kids just drive around with a baseball bat and they don't even get
out of the car to do the damage.

It is a very low priority on a policeman's list to investigate this unless you see them and
get a licence number of the car.

PK (If I may be so bold as to shorten your screen name)--I do not want to pepper you with questions but there are four that I have pondered for months. If are are willing:

1) Did Ms. Gleave mention anything about her distant past/childhood that could be a concern ie. her father's work or her mother's odd disappearance?

2) Did she ever experience problems with the cemetery adjacent to her property ie. night time visitors or dabblers in the occult?

3) Was the sending of the "Amazing Grace" tune for the holidays typical of her or do you find that odd?

4) Did you also notice a strange disconnect between Ms. Gleave's privateness and quirkiness (which has been stated again and again in the press) and the fact that she was beloved by so many of her students? There's something discordant to me about a vibrant physics teacher in red high heels and the woman described by her friends after her death.

I appreciate any info you can share and totally respect your restrictions.

Ooops. One more....where in heckola was the bench???

kinsmapj... I'm just catching up on the last few days, and want to say welcome! Whatever info you are able to share in this forum may just lead some of the keen minds here to some fresh insights into this case... I applaud your choice to be forthcoming & join the group. Hope it helps you, as well as advances the search for AG's killer.

Thu Aug 4 2011

Police hunt suspects in two robberies
Hamilton detectives are looking for video after two robberies Wednesday involving a group of youths preying on couples in the Meadowlands area.

Police say there are some similarities in the attacks but not quite enough yet to connect them.
http://www.thespec.com/news/crime/article/573335--police-hunt-suspects-in-two-robberies
"All four suspects are said to be white males, tanned and in their late teens to early 20s"

Thu Aug 4 2011

Police hunt suspects in two robberies
Hamilton detectives are looking for video after two robberies Wednesday involving a group of youths preying on couples in the Meadowlands area.

Police say there are some similarities in the attacks but not quite enough yet to connect them.
http://www.thespec.com/news/crime/article/573335--police-hunt-suspects-in-two-robberies
"All four suspects are said to be white males, tanned and in their late teens to early 20s"

Doesn't it seem that teens/late teens get uneasy in mid-August because they are tired of vacation from school? That could be the reason for the article you've given above^^^^^. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname