17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
If TM attacked GZ and GZ shot him to get him to stop, it's self defense.

What of GZ pursuing TM from behind? GZ admitted to this while on phone with 911 or whoever he called. That won't change. GZ was the initial aggressor.

http://www.myfoxla.com/dpps/news/tr...ivil-rights-cases-dpgapx-20120330-fc_18921706

Martin Family Lawyer Known for Civil Rights Cases

Snipped:

When Benjamin Crump got his first call from Trayvon Martin's father last month, the attorney counseled patience.

It had only been two days since a neighborhood watch volunteer had fatally shot the 17-year-old, and surely an arrest was imminent, thought Crump, who has pursued several civil rights cases against law enforcement agencies.

Also snipped:

But thanks largely to Crump's efforts, the case has stirred marches and rallies around the nation, merited comment from President Barack Obama, led to the resignation of the Sanford police chief and brought scrutiny from the U.S. Department of Justice into this Orlando suburb of 55,000 residents.

* BBM -
My question, how did TM's father know he would need an attorney that has experience with cases against law enforcement 2 days after the shooting?
Was this a "the cops don't care" case from day 2, before the cops had a chance to investigate?
I don't know, that just seems odd to me.

And also, having a "civil rights" attorney so soon may have turned this into a "racial" case right off the bat. If the attorney's efforts got all the marches and protests going, was this a preplanned "national" civil rights case from the get go?

I'm not saying they do not have the right to an attorney, it just seems like from very early, they were determined to MAKE this a racial, civil rights deal from the start.

Why leave this part from the article out which puts it in better context?

Another day passed. Nothing.

Two more days passed. Still nothing.

"I believed in my heart of hearts they were going to arrest him," Crump said Thursday in an interview. "I said, 'Oh, they are going to arrest him. You don't need me on this.'"

More than a month later, there still has been no arrest.

But thanks largely to Crump's efforts, the case has stirred marches and rallies around the nation, merited comment from President Barack Obama, led to the resignation of the Sanford police chief and brought scrutiny from the U.S. Department of Justice into this Orlando suburb of 55,000 residents.

JMHO

Crump was first contacted by a cousin of Trayvon Martin's father. The cousin, a Miami attorney, was familiar with Crump's civil rights work in Florida. Before Martin's death, Crump was best known for representing the parents of a teenage boy who died after an encounter with guards at a Florida boot camp in 2006. The videotaped beating of Martin Lee Anderson attracted national attention and led to the closure of the state's boot camps for juvenile offenders.

Crump, 42, and his wife, Genae Angelique Crump, are raising two teenage boys who are the biological sons of Crump's cousin. The oldest is Martin's age.

"Trayvon hits home on many levels," Crump said.

Crump and his law partner, Daryl Parks, are Tallahassee-based personal injury attorneys who primarily handle wrongful death and negligence cases. But their everyday work often involves civil rights issues.

"Daryl and Ben look at things in a broader perspective," said James Messer, a Tallahassee attorney who serves on the board of the Tallahassee Bar Association with Crump. "While there may be a wrongful death issue, it involves, in their eyes, more than anything a civil rights cause … (Crump) has a passion for issues that have something to do with civil rights violations."
http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-n...amily-lawyer-known-for-civil-right-ar-386654/

I believe GZ made it racial...with the alleged slur and his own profiling of this teen...then it was a cousin of Tracy Martin's father who put Crump in touch with this family...I believe they are looking into a wrongful death lawsuit but this exploded when the alleged racial slur was heard in that call...

http://www.wesh.com/r/30800977/detail.html

Brother: Medical Records Will Prove Zimmerman's Story

SANFORD, Florida (CNN) -- George Zimmerman's brother said medical records will prove that his brother was attacked and his nose was broken by Trayvon Martin before he fatally shot the teen.

"We're confident the medical records are going to explain all of George's medical history," Zimmerman Jr. said. "His nose looks swollen in that video. I'm his brother."

*I've seen it mentioned here at WS that GZ never went to the Dr.
If they have medical records, he saw a Dr.
JMO

I have read reports which suggest GZ sought medical treatment the next day. I do not know if that is fact.

And if GZ attacked TM and TM was succesfully defending himself??? We are going to give attackers the ability to shoot you and claim self defense? Poor DV, rape, and pedo victims everywhere.

With all due respect...that fateful night, Trayvon was just going back home after going to the store..what happened in school has nothing to do with GZ 'stalking' this child..he was told not to do that..Dispatcher asked if he was following him, Yep, GZ answered, Dispatcher tells him, we don't need you to do that..I wonder why GZ didn't inform the dispatcher that he was armed!

I believe, GZ's call into 911 tells his mentality and that Trayvon was targeted due to his skin color and clothing..
His telling the 911 dispatcher that he looks suspicious, on drugs or something..rash of burglaries and these **sholes always get away...then if the racial slur is evident, it will show that GZ targeted this kid, in a sterotype racial profiling...He appears to be a wannabe cop walking around his neighborhodd in a vigilante justice type attitude..Had he stayed in his vehicle, Trayvon would still be living and breathing...

:please: Justice for Trayvon...

my bolding

motive and intent

JMHO

Trayvon did not seek out George. GZ was the one. The death of Trayvon is on GZ's hands. No matter how it is spun. GZ killed Trayvon for walking down the street looking up to no good. We will never know the truth. It is only the words of a man with a gun, a truck, and the ability to leave the area. GZ chose this end. He is responsible.

The source said Zimmerman, who made between $50 and $100 a night, was let go in 2005.

“He had a temper and he became a liability,” the man said. “One time this woman was acting a little out of control. She was drunk. George lost his cool and totally overreacted,” he said. “It was weird, because he was such a cool guy, but he got all nuts. He picked her up and threw her. It was pure rage. She twisted her ankle. Everyone was flipping out.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-ex-co-worker-article-1.1053223#ixzz1qbpoUL8b

Was he charged for that?

This case has me flipping all over the place. Everyone is so angry because Trayvon was being followed. I am wondering how angry he was.

http://www.myfoxla.com/dpps/news/tr...ivil-rights-cases-dpgapx-20120330-fc_18921706

Martin Family Lawyer Known for Civil Rights Cases

Snipped:

When Benjamin Crump got his first call from Trayvon Martin's father last month, the attorney counseled patience.

It had only been two days since a neighborhood watch volunteer had fatally shot the 17-year-old, and surely an arrest was imminent, thought Crump, who has pursued several civil rights cases against law enforcement agencies.

Also snipped:

* BBM -
My question, how did TM's father know he would need an attorney that has experience with cases against law enforcement 2 days after the shooting?
Was this a "the cops don't care" case from day 2, before the cops had a chance to investigate?
I don't know, that just seems odd to me.

And also, having a "civil rights" attorney so soon may have turned this into a "racial" case right off the bat. If the attorney's efforts got all the marches and protests going, was this a preplanned "national" civil rights case from the get go?

I'm not saying they do not have the right to an attorney, it just seems like from very early, they were determined to MAKE this a racial, civil rights deal from the start.

This is a very important post IMHO - I have instant reaction to Mr. Crump instantly saying Murder in cold blood. I guess this attorney does not need any information to make any decision.

I TOO ASKED the same question you are asking? How did TM's father did not just go for a criminal attorney, if he felt that a crime was committed, why did he go for an attorney who has perused Civil right Cases?
I wonder why he selected for this case to become racially charged.
This man is constantly saying Murder in Cold Blood; he is never saying let’s find out what exactly did happen. I have reacted to that from the start only because we really do not know.

That's what I'm thinking.

That's not what I'm thinking and I know that's not what TM's parents were thinking. Two days after the violent death of their child, in a fog, do you really think they knew who to seek out as an attorney? I don't, this attorney was most likely suggested by a friend or acquaintance.

How long was it after TM's death that the information on the alleged racial slur made public? Not two days after his death?

From Donjeta's link above...

The year 2005 was a bad one for Zimmerman: he was arrested for fighting with a cop trying to arrest his friend for underage drinking, and he and his ex-fiancée took out protective orders against each other.

The former co-worker, who is no longer in touch with Zimmerman, said he was shocked to hear what happened Feb. 26 in a gated community in Sanford, Fla.

“He definitely loved being in charge. He loved the power. Still, I could never see him killing someone. Never,” he said.

Dude is on a power trip, is my belief...to have GZ prowling the neighborhood with a loaded 9mm handgun, is a tragedy waiting to happen. He's armed and so very dangerous..Who know what could set this guy off...He had no business confronting Trayvon..

I hope the girl who was on the phone with Trayvon is heard..She allegedly heard this confrontation...it truly doesn't look good for GZ nor does it look good for the SA who opted not to go with the detective who wanted him charged with manslaughter...

ETA from same link...

A new witness interviewed on CNN cast doubt on Zimmerman’s story, saying that he looked out his window, glimpsed two men scuffling in the dark, heard “an excruciating kind of yell” and saw what he thought was Zimmerman on top of Trayvon.

“After the larger man got off, then there was a boy, obviously now dead, on the ground, facing down,” the witness told CNN.

“After the shot, one man got up,” the man said. “He was walking towards where I was watching and I could see him a little bit clearer, and see that he was a Hispanic man and he was, you know, he didn’t appear hurt or anything else, he just seemed very worried.”

I'm gonna go ahead and post this image now, and as the day goes along I'm going to point out a few things, using George Zimmerman's own words, that cause me great concern for his actions in what I believe was a 491 foot long journey to his death for Trayvon Martin.

This is a Google Earth view from East to West of what all apparent information indicates was the 491 foot long path of travel for Trayvon.

Attachments

• TMEarth4.jpg
    TMEarth4.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 4
Even if TM family specifically sought out a civil rights experienced attorney I don't have a problem with it.

Given the history of issues (racial) with the SPD in recent years and the Martin family's perception early on that their son's killing was not being fully investigated possibly due to race I would probably purposely seek out someone who had this experience.

Why leave this part from the article out which puts it in better context?

JMHO

I am glad they have a experienced and very successful attorney representing them. They are going to need this to get through the corruption.

No. TM was not armed or doing anything illegal that night, Even if he was, GZ is not a judge, jury, and executioner.

Right SuziQ GZ is not even a cop. Let alone, not a judge, jury, and executioner.
But there is so much unknown in this case. how can we just make a decision on what really happen?
I can see several possibilities. What I can NOT see is people jumping at GZ
as if there are no other possibilities As if they are the Judge and Jury and executioner.

Just realized there is yet another thread- what I will say has no doubt been said at some point by someone else but I wanted to get my two cents' in.

Zimmerman's father is not helping his son or helping to calm this situation. He made the ridiculous claim that he didn't believe there was a cell phone discussion with Martin's gf, although it has been well documented. He just takes at face value what his son tells him and then has the gall to blame Obama for promoting 'hate' against his son. Huh??

Methinks the apple didn't fall far from the tree on this one.

I'm interested to know why Wolfinger felt the need to race to the crime scene that evening in order to make the call not to charge Zimmerman. Why the seemingly personal interest?

Thank you.

I was mistaken. He raced to the police station. On a rainy Sunday evening somewhere around 8 PM or later. Why would this case illicit such a personal interest?

I'm at work at the moment and don't have time for a search but I believe this is reliable:

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2012/0...ase-a-lesson-in-when-to-keep-your-mouth-shut/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror