GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fayetteville homicide detectives spent much of last week in St. Cloud, Fla., following up leads in their search for missing Fort Bragg soldier Kelli Bordeaux.

"It was productive from an investigative standpoint," Sgt. James Phillips said this morning of the trip.

He said investigators spoke with several people Bordeaux's hometown, but declined to share other details.

"It was productive from an investigative standpoint," Phillips said.

Bordeaux, 23, was last seen April 14 when she left Froggy Bottoms bar on Ramsey Street at the Interstate 295 interchange.

Police have said Bordeaux left the bar about 1:20 a.m. and was driven to her apartment about a half-mile away by Nicholas Holbert, a homeless registered sex offender who did odd jobs around the business.

Holbert, 25, has not been charged with any crime in Bordeaux's disappearance.

Phillips said today that investigators have not found Bordeaux's cell phone.

The phone did ping off a cell tower behind the Health Pavilion North building off Andrew Road, police said.

That was the report of activity from the phone, police said

FWIW, can anyone think of any reason FLE would gain information out of St. Cloud, FL if NH is the perp? Under what circumstances would there be evidence there if NH is the guilty party here?
*unless they were strictly going there to talk to someone who might be there for additional info about NH*

Pondering out loud.

that IS interesting (especially after following the Michelle Young/Jason Young case... as he drove MILES to kill Michelle and alibi himself)

FWIW, can anyone think of any reason FLE would gain information out of St. Cloud, FL if NH is the perp? Under what circumstances would there be evidence there if NH is the guilty party here?
*unless they were strictly going there to talk to someone who might be there for additional info about NH*

Pondering out loud.
I think they may be looking at peeps other than NH...

Nick is an uber-nasty-sex offender.. but maybe what he said is true??? Maybe he really did drop Kelli off and she knew someone was waiting for her at her apartment that she didn't want him (NH) to see?

And she also seemed "nervous" (according to her Mother)

Pondering out loud.

Can you elaborate on what you're thinking by your last sentence? 1) Someone else and NH could be responsible for Kelli's disappearance? 2) In order to interview Kelli's male friend who she was with when she visited Froggy's for the first time?

LE may have gone to FL to interview people who know and were supposedly with MB and/or the male friend over the weekend of April 14-16. It sounds as if LE found something out but that something could be concrete evidence as to why they should exclude somebody from their investigation - why don't they say so though?

Justin is from St. Cloud, right? Was Michael staying there with his parents, too? (I can't remember whether or not his parents lived there or in a nearby city.)

Just throwing this out there: if the perp were Justin what would his motive be? I just don't see that fitting in... (moo)

I do, however, see marital discord problems, etc... and I further wonder if Mike had any inconsistencies in his media interviews that what he told cops (he told media he hadn't been to Froggy's... and he also gave conflicting statements about when he actually went to Florida and why he did)

I sure do wish they could find Kelli...

Justin is from St. Cloud, right? Was Michael staying there with his parents, too? (I can't remember whether or not his parents lived there or in a nearby city.)

Me neither. I recall a comment that stated that MB was unaware that J lived right down the road from him or something like that. But, since we don't know the state that MB was living in - NC or FL - how can we know the town? I remain confused about where MB thinks he was living on April 14. I know he said he was just visiting his dad but did he still consider himself living in Fayetteville? There's been conflicting information about that. It seems as if MB wants us to believe he was living in Fayetteville but on an extended (?-since April 3) visit to FL? :waitasec:

The news coming out of Orlando hasn't reported anything regarding LE being there to investigate Kelli's disappearance that I could find anyway.

Does that tell us anything?

Does it seem odd to anyone else that someone would travel 600+ miles away to "buy a car"? How did Mike get there? Did he drive his own car? If so, where is THAT car now? When did he buy the car and from where?

I think there are been some conflicting stories about whether or not he visited Florida to buy a car or if he was visiting family.

Also, what young, newly-ish married couple goes several days without talking or texting? Nick said Kelli was on her phone frequently throughout the night... it's clear it wasn't to her husband. If she was talking to Justin (assuming they were becoming more than acquaintances), there should be a cell phone record of where they both were, more or less clearing Justin.

I think the fact they were in FL is indicative that they're looking closer at MB than anyone else... moo.

It seems odd to me that we have two men that happened to be in Florida when Kelli went missing and it was Florida that detectives went to to further their investigation, however as someone pointed out to me, it could be just to find out what Kelli's life was back there before she joined the Army and moved to NC. It's still a very interesting development in my opinion.

Can you elaborate on what you're thinking by your last sentence? 1) Someone else and NH could be responsible for Kelli's disappearance? 2) In order to interview Kelli's male friend who she was with when she visited Froggy's for the first time?

LE may have gone to FL to interview people who know and were supposedly with MB and/or the male friend over the weekend of April 14-16. It sounds as if LE found something out but that something could be concrete evidence as to why they should exclude somebody from their investigation - why don't they say so though?

I guess I didn't word my thoughts very well -- I was afraid of that. Maybe because I'm not 100% on what I'm trying to say to begin with.

Let me try again.

My first post asked this question: can anyone think of any reason FLE would gain information out of St. Cloud, FL if NH is the perp?

Here is a further explanation of what I mean: On the premise that NH is LE's top POI (I'm not saying he is, just speaking hypothetically here), what information might they be seeking in FL? I can't think of any reason -- especially not one they'd need to travel there for.

Essentially, should we take FLE's trip to FL to mean that they are investigating someone other than NH? More so than trying to rule them out? They did say it was productive from the investigation standpoint. What other standpoints are there?

FWIW, if NH is involved, I don't think he's in cahoots with anyone in FL.

:twocents:

I guess I didn't word my thoughts very well -- I was afraid of that. Maybe because I'm not 100% on what I'm trying to say to begin with.

Let me try again.

My first post asked this question: can anyone think of any reason FLE would gain information out of St. Cloud, FL if NH is the perp?

Here is a further explanation of what I mean: On the premise that NH is LE's top POI (I'm not saying he is, just speaking hypothetically here), what information might they be seeking in FL? I can't think of any reason -- especially not one they'd need to travel there for.

Essentially, should we take FLE's trip to FL to mean that they are investigating someone other than NH? More so than trying to rule them out? They did say it was productive from the investigation standpoint. What other standpoints are there?

FWIW, if NH is involved, I don't think he's in cahoots with anyone in FL.

:twocents:

From what we know, Nick has no ties to Florida. So, if he's still being held, it's because of him not registering an address for his SO status. JMO

Does anybody recall a comment early on in the investigation that J, Kelli's friend, had tickets to go somewhere Friday night (which is why he wasn't with her) Anybody remember that? At the time I didn't even know who or how the comment fit in with Kelli's life - the comment was brushed over.

If there's any truth to the comment though, that would mean J was in Fayetteville at the time, would it not? Anybody remember anything about this?

Does anybody recall a comment early on in the investigation that J, Kelli's friend, had tickets to go somewhere Friday night (which is why he wasn't with her) Anybody remember that? At the time I didn't even know who or how the comment fit in with Kelli's life - the comment was brushed over.

If there's any truth to the comment though, that would mean J was in Fayetteville at the time, would it not? Anybody remember anything about this?

I do remember mention of a concert in Orlando, I think. But, I also remember mention of him being there in Fayetteville. And I had asked where he would stay if he was in Fayetteville. That is all I remember. I hadn't heard about the LE from NC in Florida... was this a new development?

I do remember mention of a concert in Orlando, I think. But, I also remember mention of him being there in Fayetteville. And I had asked where he would stay if he was in Fayetteville. That is all I remember. I hadn't heard about the LE from NC in Florida... was this a new development?

Fayetteville homicide detectives spent much of last week in St. Cloud, Fla., following up leads in their search for missing Fort Bragg soldier Kelli Bordeaux.

"It was productive from an investigative standpoint," Sgt. James Phillips said this morning of the trip.

He said investigators spoke with several people Bordeaux's hometown, but declined to share other details.

"It was productive from an investigative standpoint," Phillips said.

Bordeaux, 23, was last seen April 14 when she left Froggy Bottoms bar on Ramsey Street at the Interstate 295 interchange.

Police have said Bordeaux left the bar about 1:20 a.m. and was driven to her apartment about a half-mile away by Nicholas Holbert, a homeless registered sex offender who did odd jobs around the business.

Holbert, 25, has not been charged with any crime in Bordeaux's disappearance.

Phillips said today that investigators have not found Bordeaux's cell phone.

The phone did ping off a cell tower behind the Health Pavilion North building off Andrew Road, police said.

That was the report of activity from the phone, police said

No, just something stuck in the back of my mind that never came up again until the guy 'J' was mentioned (by MB I think). Now that LE has paid a visit to FL, I'd like to know if both MB and J said they were in FL on April 14-15.
In other words, is there someone other than MB that LE would go to FL to investigate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member