LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, probably ... as I said from the outset. But if you think maybe you do, when it comes to this case ...it's hard to feel good about not at least running it by someone else, just in case

I know. I was referring to that detailed description that someone else gave, right down to the t-shirt. That and the conversation about seeing Mickey curled up in the back of the white truck. THAT was 'out there'.

Do you have mamamia's pic handy?

I don't think it would have to be a REAL officer to be an issue here.

Plenty of people have also POSED as cops in order to rape, abduct or kill people.
This is not a far fetched theory in a case that doesn't appear to have a family or friend suspect.

Someone apparently abducted this woman from the street, in the middle of the night.
Who would she have stopped for, if they didn't hit her hard enough or otherwise subdue her?

Suggesting a certain profession may have more opportunity to abduct someone, hasn't been an issue IF it doesn't get out of hand.
If someone started saying "I think Officer ****** killed her" then we would have a problem with mods.
But, I am just going on experience from other threads... I am not a mod or anything.

It would be difficult to hear a scream in that area... That's where my friends and I play flag football. Hopefully this isn't the crime scene, almost too perfect.

Another thing that crossed my mind is about an incident I had a couple months back at City Bar. I was out with a few coworkers, I'm a waiter, and a very attractive female friend of mine came to me and said that she saw a guy slip something in her drink. She pointed out the group of guys to me and a friend and as soon as we looked up they were out the door. By the time we told the bouncers they were out of site. This was a regular occurence there recently of date raping and a couple employees were fired.. Hm

Can you please provide a decription of the attempted date rapists? Did you see what vehicle they drove?

I thought the car's front was facing us ... duh? Is the rear facing us, then? What I am seeing is on "our" (viewers') right.
yes. what is the orientation of this car? I see something on the right side by the bank side. maybe there is a driver in there and a passenger and the passenger got out and went to the ATM. benign?

It would be difficult to hear a scream in that area... That's where my friends and I play flag football. Hopefully this isn't the crime scene, almost too perfect.

Another thing that crossed my mind is about an incident I had a couple months back at City Bar. I was out with a few coworkers, I'm a waiter, and a very attractive female friend of mine came to me and said that she saw a guy slip something in her drink. She pointed out the group of guys to me and a friend and as soon as we looked up they were out the door. By the time we told the bouncers they were out of site. This was a regular occurence there recently of date raping and a couple employees were fired.. Hm

Fired? For drugging and raping someone? Not prosecuted?!

I went back and looked and I thank you for your attention to detail. On the right side of that black car I see something odd too. Instead of normal car contours on the right, it looks like a person standing besides the car. is that what you see? like along the back rear (cars left) by the gas tank is a head and figure of a person. I cannot for the life of me figure out what a person would be doing there at 2 am unless he parked, got out of the car and went to the ATM which is just in front of the car on the left. Usually people try to get closer to ATM's than this at night I think. any other ideas?

What I "kind of see" is on OUR right, at the end of the car that's "nearest" us (I'm not sure if it's front or back of car, from pic), to the right of the pole. Looks like a person, maybe dressed in dark clothes, slightly bent over and with one arm bracing on the car. To the suspicious mind might look like someone hiding slightly from notice, but observing and ready to make a move.

The scenario that came to mind -- and then I'm going to bed, before I get laughed out of here, LOL -- is that IF that is a vehicle coming at Mickey from the other street, maybe it is a team -- someone on the ground to jostle or distract or grab, someone in a vehicle to harry and take and run -- and this was one attempt to close in on her.

This happened at greenroom several months ago. Group of guys, one smooth talker buys shots for some girls. Within 10 minutes the two girls were completed trashed. (heard this 2nd hand)

There's a certain type of guy that's unique to Lafayette and to a degree, Houston. Local slang is 'hard-legs'. The age can range from 20's up to late 50's or so. Many of them work offshore on a regular 7 on/7 off schedule, or they work for the oil service companies coming and going all times of the day or night, some on call 365 days a year.

This is typical in an oilfield town which Lafayette is, predominantly.

They make good money, have all the man-toys ...the nice boats, the nice trucks, electronics, etc. They usually won't have a nice home, though. Or a nice stable relationship. It's sort of a nomadic life these guys live; they drift in and out of relationships, many drink heavily, they party the 7 or 14 days they are in and then back out to the rigs they go.

They keep the strip clubs in business to a large degree. Many would use the above term to refer to themselves, or they self-reference as a good-old-boy. They come in and want sex but have no wife or girlfriend so they cruise like the guy Tasha Patterson reported. The guy she described fits the stereotype (there's that word again) ...older, fed well, slightly scruffy ...and admits he likes to drive around looking for pretty girls (which are plentiful in Lafayette) but in my opinion, mostly harmless. The fact that she said no and he shrugged and said ok and let her out at the corner supports my contention.

I keep thinking, as I read some of these posts, about the old saying:

When all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail.
Then why would a person who was this benign (not killer in a white truck) becaome desperate to viciously abduct in a matter of two months. I dunno; I just do not think tasha pattersons perp is MS PERP. Guys hit on women all the time in bars, make rude comments; most women shrug it off. UNLESS they are asked to get in vehicles against their will. I just do not see a 'hard legs' letting go of someone and then two months later viciously abducting someone with malicious intent. might I be wrong?

I know. I was referring to that detailed description that someone else gave, right down to the t-shirt. That and the conversation about seeing Mickey curled up in the back of the white truck. THAT was 'out there'.

Do you have mamamia's pic handy?

best I can do is point you to the version of it that I'm referencing, back on page 2 of this thread, post 32 (sorry, I haven't learned to attach here yet!)

I brought up the possibility of a person in uniform some threads back...but that was before knowing the bike was possibly hit from behind. I think she was hit purposely and did not go willingly. The only reason I even thought of LE/fake LE was due to no signs of a struggle at all, which is odd in any case.

Then why would a person who was this benign (not killer in a white truck) becaome desperate to viciously abduct in a matter of two months. I dunno; I just do not think tasha pattersons perp is MS PERP. Guys hit on women all the time in bars, make rude comments; most women shrug it off. UNLESS they are asked to get in vehicles against their will. I just do not see a 'hard legs' letting go of someone and then two months later viciously abducting someone with malicious intent. might I be wrong?

I don't either, especially if he announced his intentions so freely to this first girl. Maybe if he was driving a leopard-spotted Corvette and one appeared on the tape with Mickey...JMO

CajunCoDe said:
Maybe not, but we don't really have a time stamp on these. Though if she is on Versailles turning left somewhere, it could indicate that she some how headed back to BW's and that was actually taken after the Circle K pic. I just can't figure out the left from Versailles anywhere on her route.

This pic has her going the wrong way! OMG! I don't know how to upload a picture! I have the street view up on google maps. I have the speed sign at my bottom right next to the electrical pole. This has her going back the way she would have just came. Ugh. I am so tired. Maybe I am just confusing myself.

ETA: if she turning left, it would be on to Parkside to University

I went out looking for the speed sign today and did not see it. Are you saying that MS could have turned around on Versailles and then somehow managed to get to st landry from there? How would that matter? SHe made it to St Landry any way she did; unharmed. Unless she could have been followed by that dark vehicle by the ATM with someone standing beside it instead of by the car at the parkside/versailles intersection or the OLDS 98. We need to determine if MS was going straight past the school on Versailles and turned rt on st john. NO SIGHTING ON ST JOHN SO she may not have gone there.

Versailles:
oQXzz.jpg

(hopefully this doesn't blowup any margins)

Why would you think this guy would "viciously abduct in a matter of two months"?

I'm sorry, your post doesn't make much sense to me, maybe it's the way it's written.

Can you please provide a decription of the attempted date rapists? Did you see what vehicle they drove?

I got a good look, young mean upper 20's, early 30's, all around 6 ft. They all had short hair and one had a bald head. They also appeared to be locals. I shouldn't say date rapings, rather there were multiple reports of guys spiking girls' drinks. This resulted in a firing of a couple employees if I'm not mistaken. Didn't get a site of a vehicle, they were long gone by the time we reached the workers at the door. This is only purely speculation, but it goes to show that locals are out there in the bar scene looking for prey.

Versailles:
oQXzz.jpg

(hopefully this doesn't blowup any margins)

Very very nice, beautiful shot of Versailles ...and at night too. Thanks, it helps to have as a base from which to superimpose what I know of the scene from that night in a much clearer fashion.

Fired? For drugging and raping someone? Not prosecuted?!

It was more along the lines of unreported drugging attempts. I am a college student, 22 years old, who is very much in the nightlife circle as are many of my friends.

The pic from Versialles is really bugging me... Ok, I see now that I was wrong. She does not appear to be turning left. We are seeing her from the front. The lights had me confused and I thought the light behind her was her headlight. There are some post lights in front of the school pickup area, causing that big white blur on the left, but I can't imagine why these would be on at 2am on a Sat. Morning. And maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but I see her stopped (one foot on ground) and pointing with left arm as if giving directions or turning. anyone see this? Should I just go to bed now? Thanks

Also, another thought. Why would LE release this picture with her so far away when they could have clearly gotten a better shot with her a little closer. Perhaps any closer and the car behind her (possibly the perp) would be in the shot? Am I just reaching now?
I think these lights are always on. I cannot going by there when they have been off.

The pic from Versialles is really bugging me... Ok, I see now that I was wrong. She does not appear to be turning left. We are seeing her from the front. The lights had me confused and I thought the light behind her was her headlight. There are some post lights in front of the school pickup area, causing that big white blur on the left, but I can't imagine why these would be on at 2am on a Sat. Morning. And maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but I see her stopped (one foot on ground) and pointing with left arm as if giving directions or turning. anyone see this? Should I just go to bed now? Thanks

Also, another thought. Why would LE release this picture with her so far away when they could have clearly gotten a better shot with her a little closer. Perhaps any closer and the car behind her (possibly the perp) would be in the shot? Am I just reaching now?
When I initially saw this picture too, I thought 'is she on the bike?' To me it looks like her feet are on the ground. I do not see the 'pointing' that you do. I see maybe her turning her head around ( do not know which way); if she were looking straight forward her hair would not seem to disproportionately 'big one one side than the other'. Does anyone else see that; maybe she is turning head quickly and her hair is flying?

When I initially saw this picture too, I thought 'is she on the bike?' To me it looks like her feet are on the ground. I do not see the 'pointing' that you do. I see maybe her turning her head around ( do not know which way); if she were looking straight forward her hair would not seem to disproportionately 'big one one side than the other'. Does anyone else see that; maybe she is turning head quickly and her hair is flying?

almost looks to me like she might have her left hand up to brush back her hair or something, but it's SO hard to tell these kinds of details in these pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10