AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish that we really knew what LE was thinking concerning the connection between the events in Baldwin County and Mobile County. JMO, but I think its undeniable that they are related since DH was the one that, supposedly, supplied BW with the rides from and to Mobile County on the night and early morning in question. He is the one who, most likely, saw her last unless something happened to her after he dropped her off in Grand Bay. Since dead men tell no tales all we have to go on is phone records, pings on phone towers and statements from members of the family. I do find it a little odd that his phone didnt ping the tower in Grand Bay unless he didnt have it. I have walked out of the house and left my cell phone countless times. We have established WWH and MWK have provided flawed information and so anything they have said or will say has to be scrutinized severely. If this is all CW and the immediate family knows then I can understand their frustration and sense of hopelessness and helplessness. I am going to seriously try to be at the bucket drive on Saturday and I encourage anyone that is able to be there, please, come out and support this family.

Now did WWH drop hubby off in fairhope and take the kids somewhere or did someone come and pick up WWH and the boys? And if so who?

That's where even the twin sisters disagree. MWK said that DH dropped WWH and the children off (I believe) or something to that affect and WWH said that she dropped DH off in Fairhope. A good question would be, "Where have her and the children been staying?" If that was in Fairhope then how did his vehicle wind up at the house there if she dropped him off and left?

WOW! This thread is moving along quickly now.

I have a question that probably no one has an answer to!

Was DH right-handed or left-handed?

I know nothing about crime/non-crime scene investigations but does it strike anyone else as odd (probably not the best word) that the bullet entered DH's mouth from his left and lodged (I also read elsewhere exited, so I'm not sure about where it ended up) on the right side of his skull?

Would he have to be left-handed for the bullet to enter that way?

Dumb question probably. I've just been curious about that since it was reported.

EDIT to say: I'm looking for a reference about this to post but I can't locate it. I am looking for it. But, I am POSITIVE that is what I read. I am positive because it made me stop and think and I wrote it down the old-fashioned way... on paper! I will keep looking for the reference.

The confirmation that DH picked up BW is from phone records obtained by LE, not by witnesses or family members. There's been no media coverage since LE released this information, so it's no wonder it's news to people here.

The problem I see is that the use of the term "family" is too all-encompassing for this group. Obviously there are certain members of the family who are highly suspect for at least their honesty. I tried to be careful to refer to her immediate family or parents. To my knowledge, they're hiding nothing from LE. They've told the good, bad, and the ugly. Anything to help find Brittney.

Yes, the term "family" is confusing. Here we have MPD Cpl. Chris Levy using the term in a statement. When he says "the family did in fact hear from Brittney" in his statement, which family members do you think he's referring to? This is important.

"Levy added the MPD has not received any information to indicate Wood is forcibly being held captive and said friends and family has been cooperative, although they have provided some "questionable” information.

"We’ve got some incomplete answers,” he said, adding that the family did in fact hear from Brittney between the time she left her home and the time she was reported missing.

"That wasn’t originally reported. So there has been some back and forth. Some answers haven’t been entirely accurate,” Levy said."

While I agree posters should be specific when talking about family member or relatives, we do have a thread for Brittney in the "Missing-Info and Support" section that is more for messages of support, how to advise the families or point them in the direction for help, etc...the threads in this section are, as far as I know, for discussion of theories. If families do read here in any of the cases, they will most likely read things that they consider hurtful, even if not intended that way. But WS is far more respectful, IMO, than any other place on the internet.

In this case, the "juvenile female" would have been someone blood related to RSW, but not to Dustin Kent. This means it would have to be the child of one of his sisters, or one of his children. Nineteen would not be considered "juvenile" in this state, by any means, so it's probably not Brittany who made the complaint. Also, the complaint apparently came in after Brittany had already disappeared.

We need the major players in all of this to wear jerseys, it's so confusing.

BBM First of all that was totally hilarious!:D

What is the statute of limitations there in Alabama? Could Brittany still be the one who went to authorities?(Possibly after learning that another niece was involved?) Maybe DH was her favorite uncle because this hadn't happened with him/her yet and maybe she found out that DH was also being investigated and went to confront him? An argument could have taken place and either BW was harmed or she left on her own. DH could have committed suicide knowing he had let yet another person he cared about down? MOO...IDK :waitasec:

Regardless of what really happened...Brittany is missing and needs to be found!:please:I pray it will be soon!

Yes, the term "family" is confusing. Here we have MPD Cpl. Chris Levy using the term in a statement. When he says "the family did in fact hear from Brittney" in his statement, which family members do you think he's referring to? This is important.
"Levy added the MPD has not received any information to indicate Wood is forcibly being held captive and said friends and family has been cooperative, although they have provided some "questionable” information.

"We’ve got some incomplete answers,” he said, adding that the family did in fact hear from Brittney between the time she left her home and the time she was reported missing.

"That wasn’t originally reported. So there has been some back and forth. Some answers haven’t been entirely accurate,” Levy said."

I agree, it is important. When, from Where and to Who did she call?

IIRC there was a message sent from her phone at the Styx River location (and possibly a phone call, but not sure about that). If it was just a text message - how do they know it actually came from her, and not someone else? Was anything of significance said?

Edited to add: Now, I remember, one of these txt/phone messages was supposed to be to some guy that couldn't remember anything about it. So who was the family member she contacted.

I wish that we really knew what LE was thinking concerning the connection between the events in Baldwin County and Mobile County. JMO, but I think its undeniable that they are related since DH was the one that, supposedly, supplied BW with the rides from and to Mobile County on the night and early morning in question. He is the one who, most likely, saw her last unless something happened to her after he dropped her off in Grand Bay. Since dead men tell no tales all we have to go on is phone records, pings on phone towers and statements from members of the family. I do find it a little odd that his phone didnt ping the tower in Grand Bay unless he didnt have it. I have walked out of the house and left my cell phone countless times. We have established WWH and MWK have provided flawed information and so anything they have said or will say has to be scrutinized severely. If this is all CW and the immediate family knows then I can understand their frustration and sense of hopelessness and helplessness. I am going to seriously try to be at the bucket drive on Saturday and I encourage anyone that is able to be there, please, come out and support this family.

Maybe I missed something--where did you get the info that DH drove BW back to Mobile County/Grand Bay in the early morning hours of 5/31? I've been told his phone never pinged that side of the Bay. Did I miss something really big? Because, quite honestly, I've been unsure if BW even went to Grand Bay, even if her phone did.

This is from the Lagniappe article, right? I have heard that her parents have no idea what he was referring to.

Keep in mind, Levy spoke to the reporter, so the use of quotes around the word "questionable" is taking liberties with his words. A serious journalist would not use implied emphasis in a written article, IMO.

While I agree posters should be specific when talking about family member or relatives, we do have a thread for Brittney in the "Missing-Info and Support" section that is more for messages of support, how to advise the families or point them in the direction for help, etc...the threads in this section are, as far as I know, for discussion of theories. If families do read here in any of the cases, they will most likely read things that they consider hurtful, even if not intended that way. But WS is far more respectful, IMO, than any other place on the internet.

I've never had a problem with the discussion of theories--I have a few of my own. ;)

I do have a problem with unsubstantiated accusations against BW's immediate family members and the jumping to conclusions about what they're doing to try to find Brittney based on what is read on facebook or "not" seen on the news. Those kinds of statements are not theories and do nothing to further the sleuthing of her disappearance. IMO, of course.

I dont for one second think her mother or father are hiding anything at all.

But i do feel a family member is responsible for whatever happend to her
and thats just My opinion!

I don't either. I've seen a few other family members who I believe to be true and baring their soul, but for the most part---the other family in this situation that counts in finding BW (MOO) are blatantly lying, trying to downgrade abuse charges, and sticking up for DH like he was a saint. I don't get it. I must be a rare breed---I'm an only child and I have NO PROBLEM cutting out bad people in my life....family or not. MOO of course, it's just so frustrating that people are covering up EVERYTHING--and I believe they are doing this b/c one string will unravel this case IMO

If i recall correctly---on the first thread someone gave a run down on who owned which cellphones, which ones were found, which were discarded, and which we were confused about. Does anyone know where I can find this---i searched the threads but didn't come across it?!?! If not, would someone mind doing it again :please:

This is my first post on this thread !

It is my opinion that either Brittney left on her own accord or one of the key players in her family are involved. What are the chances that WMH is the one who is to blame? I just can't wrap my head around DH being guilty of killing her, hiding her body and then killing himself. Typically these are murder/suicides and there is no hiding of evidence. While I think that DK is definitely a creep, I don't see the signs yet that he was involved. WMH is standing out. We have some ideas as to why: Was she jealous of Brittney? Was she concerned that Brittney had information that could damage DH and/or WMH? In any event, it's such a sad situation. I myself, gave myself a real big wake up call when I initially found myself judging a teenager missing, addicted to meth. Honestly, I had a relative recently quit this horrible drug so I know first hand how horrible this addiction is. I pray for Brittney and her mom/dad/siblings/daughter. I hope somehow she is found safe and gets a second chance at life. She is beautiful and truly deserves it. I'm really interested in figuring out the dynamics with WMH.

This is my first post on this thread !

It is my opinion that either Brittney left on her own accord or one of the key players in her family are involved. What are the chances that WMH is the one who is to blame? I just can't wrap my head around DH being guilty of killing her, hiding her body and then killing himself. Typically these are murder/suicides and there is no hiding of evidence. While I think that DK is definitely a creep, I don't see the signs yet that he was involved. WMH is standing out. We have some ideas as to why: Was she jealous of Brittney? Was she concerned that Brittney had information that could damage DH and/or WMH? In any event, it's such a sad situation. I myself, gave myself a real big wake up call when I initially found myself judging a teenager missing, addicted to meth. Honestly, I had a relative recently quit this horrible drug so I know first hand how horrible this addiction is. I pray for Brittney and her mom/dad/siblings/daughter. I hope somehow she is found safe and gets a second chance at life. She is beautiful and truly deserves it. I'm really interested in figuring out the dynamics with WMH.

Thanks for posting!

I'm pretty sure you mean WWH based on context. It's really hard to keep up with the names.

I have had a good deal of inside information since Brittney disappeared, but I have very limited information about what WWH's involvement is, other than pure speculation.

It is easy to judge, most of us have likely been guilty of it at some point, if not in this case. But, you're right, BW is a beautiful young girl who deserves an opportunity to enjoy a full life. Thanks for the reminder!

I wonder what type of person DH was. Was he a loner, quiet guy, unsuspecting of any of the alledged allegations? Or was he controlling and abusive. Was his wife subjected to abuse? If so, that could explain her need to cover for him. Or was she just as sick as him? Did she know of the sexual molestation and turn her head or god forbid, become a perp too? I read that he may have had a drug issue with pills and am curious about her. Does she work? Does she have any addictions? What's her relationship like with CW? Did she harm Brittney and when DH found out, he committed suicide? Maybe she was so jealous that DH was close with her that she lost it. Maybe she felt threatened that Brittney had information that could really seal the deal for DH. I really really want to believe that Brittney will come home safe but if not, I hope the person responsible for harming her is arrested and karma takes over. I wish that LE would release more information! Also, I want to say that Brittney has some really dedicated people on this website willing and wanting so bad to help. Hats off to all of you!

Maybe I missed something--where did you get the info that DH drove BW back to Mobile County/Grand Bay in the early morning hours of 5/31? I've been told his phone never pinged that side of the Bay. Did I miss something really big? Because, quite honestly, I've been unsure if BW even went to Grand Bay, even if her phone did.

Zeaux, in the video at 1:15 it says it's believed that Donnie dropped Brittney off at Grand Bay. It doesn't say when, but if he shot himself 6-1 I guess it would have to be before then. As far as GPS tracking or phone pings, how would anyone know if he had his phone with him? Some things are open ended.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...n/2...rn-ar-4024436/&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

From her official FB page:

Brittney is now officially listed as Missing per the Alabama Bureau of Investigation

http://dps.alabama.gov/Community/wfAlertFlyer.aspx?ID=9717988a-1e50-4af8-87d1-a2ad5cae66c6

Alert Information
Category: Involuntary
Case Number: 120600259
Date Issued: 07/02/2012
Comments: On Wednesday 30 May, 2012, BRITTNEY NICOLE WOOD went missing from Tillman Corner, Alabama enroute to Styx River. BRITTNEY was last seen wearing blue jean shorts, blue t-shirt, white flip-flops & carrying a pink / teal blue tote bag. If you have any information regarding the whereabouts of BRITTNEY NICOLE WOOD, please contact the Mobile Police Department @ (251) 208-7211.
Contact Information
Phone: (251) 208-7211
Alternate Contact:
Alternate Phone:
Person Information
Name: Wood ,Brittney Nicole
Race: White
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Blonde or Strawberry
Height: 5'3
Weight: 105 lbs.
Current Age: 19 Year(s)
Age Last Seen:
Location Last Seen: Mobile, Alabama
NCIC Number: M850757903
Comments:

Thanks to the members who posted this, as I had not read the article before now. This direct quote from Cpl Levy of the MPD should be regarded as fact. He chose not to name which family member spoke with Brittney, but I do feel a little more hopeful knowing that at least one relative had contact with her after she left home.

"That wasn’t originally reported. So there has been some back and forth. Some answers haven’t been entirely accurate,” Levy said.

http://classic.lagniappemobile.com/article.asp?articleID=5550&SID=1

Thanks to the members who posted this, as I had not read the article before now. This direct quote from Cpl Levy of the MPD should be regarded as fact. He chose not to name which family member spoke with Brittney, but I do feel a little more hopeful knowing that at least one relative had contact with her after she left home.

"That wasn’t originally reported. So there has been some back and forth. Some answers haven’t been entirely accurate,” Levy said.

The problem is, he doesn't expound on that statement. She was heard from the night she went missing, then never again. So, that statement is technically true--after she left home but before she was reported missing on June 2nd. That doesn't change the fact that no one has heard from her since the night she went missing.

And it could be that the "family" that heard from her was DH confirmed thru his phone and/or by WWH.

:seeya:

Ok folks... after a technical glitch (faux pas) I have straightened out the Twitter account.

Please share this link, retweet & post on your Facebook walls: :please:

https://twitter.com/#!/FndBrittneyWood

Apologies for being such a newb on Twitter the first go round. :blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads