GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daily Mail, for those like me who don't know the Greater London area all that well:
Hazell was arrested at 8.25pm, just ten miles from the New Addington area where he lived with the missing 12-year-old and her grandmother, Christine Sharp.

Hey Sooner, I'm not sure what kind of level of tracking dogs we have over here, I'd be interested to find out from anyone associated in the UK....if, and it's a graphic thought, she'd been put in a water tank in the loft, would any dogs have detected this, until it started getting hot again in London over the last week?

I don't know about the UK, but I have heard about using tracking and hrd out on lakes and rivers here. Not trashing the hard working police at all, just seems odd to me they didn't find her sooner.

Apologies if I am repeating info - haven't caught up yet

This article mentions a black hold all bag being taken from the grandmothers house - first I'd heard of it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oyfriend-Tia-Sharps-grandmother-arrested.html

In the CCTV photo, Tia appears to have what could be described as a 'black hold-all bag' over her shoulder, I think. And didn't SH clarify during the tv interview that Tia did not take any bag or purse with her when she left the house to go shopping?

I don't know anything about the police dogs, in all their different fields, but if the Police did send in sniffer dogs or tracker dogs on the first dog visit to the house, then surely if Tia had been staying there, then her scent would be expected to be in most areas of the house wouldn't it?

I would guess that maybe the dogs were there originally to find a scent and then track it to another location as the Police always seemed to be intent on the theory that Tia was somewhere local.

So maybe it was only when the last search with what is rumoured to be a cadaver dog was done, that it alerted to wherever the body was.

I personally cannot believe that if the body was placed in the loft, that the previous searches would not have uncovered it, ( bear in mind, these houses are no more than 15 to 20 feet wide and less than 30 feet deep), I really hope for the sake of the Police, that she was somewhere that would have been difficult to locate and that is why she was missed.

As much as I want to have faith in our UK police force, the more I see, the worse we seem to get, (Don't have much hope for all the Police reviews that are being carried out).
If we all had suspicions of Stuart Hazell, then there is no doubt the Police did, so unless they purposely allowed him to wander, last night, then they really do have a job on their hands in convincing the public of the competence in their handling of this case.

Re: the police searches: man in another online forum claims he grew up in a flat virtually identical to the grandmother's terrace house and claims there is nowhere within them to hide anything - not even a smutty magazine a boy might try to hide from his parents

If in fact there exists water-tanks/butts in the roof space of the grandmother's house, what would the water be used for ? It couldn't just sit there or would stagnate and cause disease as well as overflowing. Wouldn't be for drinking, surely? For showering -- and if so, wouldn't it require considerable filtration? And wouldn't a body in a water tank prevent free flow of the water regardless of what it was used for?

:goodpost:
I don't know anything about the police dogs, in all their different fields, but if the Police did send in sniffer dogs or tracker dogs on the first dog visit to the house, then surely if Tia had been staying there, then her scent would be expected to be in most areas of the house wouldn't it?

I would guess that maybe the dogs were there originally to find a scent and then track it to another location as the Police always seemed to be intent on the theory that Tia was somewhere local.

So maybe it was only when the last search with what is rumoured to be a cadaver dog was done, that it alerted to wherever the body was.

I personally cannot believe that if the body was placed in the loft, that the previous searches would not have uncovered it, ( bear in mind, these houses are no more than 15 to 20 feet wide and less than 30 feet deep), I really hope for the sake of the Police, that she was somewhere that would have been difficult to locate and that is why she was missed.

As much as I want to have faith in our UK police force, the more I see, the worse we seem to get, (Don't have much hope for all the Police reviews that are being carried out).
If we all had suspicions of Stuart Hazell, then there is no doubt the Police did, so unless they purposely allowed him to wander, last night, then they really do have a job on their hands in convincing the public of the competence in their handling of this case.

:goodpost:

Just thinking about the neighbour who apparently said she'd seen Tia leave the house last Friday. It was her who said that she had been wearing leapord print leggings and a white top. It's just a hunch but I think she probably did think she saw Tia but was mistaken. Surely if she'd been asked to lie she would have been briefed one what to say Tia was wearing. I wonder if she saw another child walking down the road and tought it was Tia. This is purely speculation but I hate to think that people think she was in on it when there is no evidence she was - especially as she has been named int he press.

I too am hoping it is an innocent case of mistaken identity. The only thing that gives me some cause for concern is the fact that the timing (midday) fits so well with Stuart Hazell's story and the neighbour was close enough to observe that not only was Tia not carrying anything but she appeared relaxed and happy. To make those sort of comments suggests that you would need to get a good look at the person. It is suspicious to be sure.

tweets from main stream media can be posted as can facebook from mainstream media (someone had asked upstream)

Exactly!! Have you seen the grandmas FB yet??

I don't know about the UK, but I have heard about using tracking and hrd out on lakes and rivers here. Not trashing the hard working police at all, just seems odd to me they didn't find her sooner.

Oh me too, I have my own opinions about various regional police forces in the UK, and LEO in general globally, given what I've seen and experienced in my nearly 48 years living in various countries through childhood and beyond.... I'm curious about how our K9 system works here, and don't think it's anywhere near on the level of the US, hence not finding anything earlier. Thanks Sooner!

In the CCTV photo, Tia appears to have what could be described as a 'black hold-all bag' over her shoulder, I think. And didn't SH clarify during the tv interview that Tia did not take any bag or purse with her when she left the house to go shopping?

I always think of a holdalls as one of those big long bags . I was wondering if the significance of the newspaper mentioning it was that it was implying it maybe moved a body .
I've just seen the house in the news and it's tiny . I can see why people are inferring Tia's body may have been moved but surely there would have been press around all the time .

The neighbour in the link before who was so clear about seeing Tia on the Friday puzzles me . I hope it was a genuine mistake and not someone else involved with this lowlife . There's nothing in the world that would
Convince me to lie about seeing a missing child .

So this tweet is interesting:

Glenn Ebrey ‏@glennebrey
Now Stuart Hazell has been arrested it's difficult to say too much - but the circumstances of his arrest are extraordinary

http://twitter.com/glennebrey

Just a feeling but I think there are a lot more twists and revelations to come in this case.

Also I just saw SH in a police car without handcuffs which I thought was weird?

Thanks, Google is my friend on this thread, learning lots of new terms!

Did you read this story? Man jailed for collecting rain water!

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/man-sentenced-30-days-catching-rain-water-own-property-enters-jail

Thanks. Harrington has my full support. I believe him.

OT for a second: in 2000 I came across an Australian government piece of legislation online stating collecting or using water from streams, ponds, springs etc. on one's own land to be an offence. I was new to internet, trusted the government, wasn't familiar with the so-called conspiracy sites and hadn't seen or read anywhere that collecting/using water on one's own land was any sort of offence. As a child in the country we'd had water tanks. Thousands of Australian homes still had them. I saved the document but lost it when I had to get a new computer. Tried to find the government document again in order to save it on my new computer, but couldn't find it. Knew I hadn't imagined it. Then twice since then, have encountered others online who had seen the same item of legislation, which, according to the document I'd seen, had been passed by the Australian parliament in 1995

One of those online who were also aware of the legislation explained it was a 'sleeper' item of legislation which had been passed by parliament and of which the vast majority of the population was oblivious. It was explained to me that such items of legislation slip under the public's radar and are passed well in advance, making them 'ready to use/enact' at some unspecified time in the future. Disturbing .... And the case linked re: Harrington in the US is an indication of just how disturbing that future may be

Re: the police searches: man in another online forum claims he grew up in a flat virtually identical to the grandmother's terrace house and claims there is nowhere within them to hide anything - not even a smutty magazine a boy might try to hide from his parents

If in fact there exists water-tanks/butts in the roof space of the grandmother's house, what would the water be used for ? It couldn't just sit there or would stagnate and cause disease as well as overflowing. Wouldn't be for drinking, surely? For showering -- and if so, wouldn't it require considerable filtration? And wouldn't a body in a water tank prevent free flow of the water regardless of what it was used for?

we have a very small shower room/loo with a tiny space for a water tank above, which basically is fed by the mains water (we're top 2 storeys of a 5 storey old print works) and it in turn feeds our shower room loo, but not the sinks. I've got reason to believe it actually feeds a flat downstairs too (corrupt freeholder, long story!!) but it's literally space for a tank maybe 6' by 3' housed above the small room

One possible scenario for the death could be that if Hazell was still involved with drugs, that the little girl might have found some in the house and experimented, and died from that. I guess if she was already dead when he found out, there was no point getting help and he thought he might as well try to cover it up rather than get done for some lesser manslaughter. Just speculation. Obviously we don't know who if anyone is to blame yet.

Mrs Sharp, who left her home with police shortly before Friday's search began, told reporters on Friday morning that her boyfriend was out helping in the hunt for Tia. She said that Tia's mother Natalie was "in bits" and she did not know where she was as "she needed to get away".

After she left, a cordon was placed around the house on The Lindens and white-suited forensics officers were seen going inside. Until then, journalists had been able to approach the house, although at times reporters were met with hostility from family members.

Police did not reveal where the body was discovered.
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/339027/Man-arrested-in-Tia-investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member