CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your child is gone....you are actively searching.....praying and hoping....
Would you say, "We are a strong family and we will get through this"

Even IF you get through it, you will NEVER get over it. But what does that have to do with things at this point?

My heart screams, "Where is my little girl? Please, if you have her, let her go. Just let her go. I don't know if she's cold or hungry...or if she's hurt somewhere. Without my baby, my life is over...so please, please let her come home to me."

Just a thought...you could think of it as Jessica's absence is a temporary crisis. It will end when, not if, she comes home. As a family you can overcome all the suffering because she will come home alive and that's the most important thing. she may come home terribly changed, but as a family you and she will heal.

Just a thought.

OT: This whole discussion about her walking to school... scares the bejeezus about of me, b/c next year, my son will be 10 and within walking distance to school (different school this year - we drive him). A 10-yr-old is plenty old enough to walk to school, but as we know, it doesn't mean it's safe to do so these days. :cry:

Ya may want to recommend that the school board members walk to work..

BBM: I have never read anything about communications between the kids in the MSM....do have a link because I've missed some important info? Is this scanner info bubbling to the top? Again?

Definitely not scanner. But, I really don't remember where I read it other than one of the local stations. Give me a bit and I'll try to find it.

Your child is gone....you are actively searching.....praying and hoping....

Even IF you get through it, you will NEVER get over it. But what does that have to do with things at this point?

My heart screams, "Where is my little girl? Please, if you have her, let her go. Just let her go. I don't know if she's cold or hungry...or if she's hurt somewhere. Without my baby, my life is over...so please, please let her come home to me."

I diagree, how many children have been let go cause their parent cried, begged and said their life would be over without their baby? The abductor could care less about you, they most likely have a mental disorder, and you can actually be feeding into their mental disorder, with all of that.

And all the we this family said, I can see that to. Very close with my immediate family, have a single daughter, who lives in my home, with her children. Our message would be exactly what they said. My 8 year old grandson would get the message " we are staying strong, you stay strong to and we will all be here dealing with this when you come home".

I've worked in the mental health field for 30 years, so my take is different dealing with someone who so obviously has a mental disorder.

When all is said and done though, it would not shock me if someone in the immediate family did something, but just showing a different view of it.

Exactly, and the "teenager" part is what struck me the most. That and the alarm clock, which just seemed as if she may have trusted Jessica to get herself ready and fed and out the door by herself. And, coming from a mom of twin boys, a granola bar for breakfast? Maybe it's because I didn't have girls, but my guys wouldn't leave the house without two bowls of cereal and maybe a poptart, too.

I want to stress that I DO NOT think that Mom is involved in Jessica's disappearance, but I do think that there is more to the story of that morning than she is telling. And if I'm right, omg the guilt she must be feeling :(

IMO

If Jessica routinely ate breakfast at school the granola bar may have been to tide her over until she got to school. I don't understand the teenager part at all, but she might just be nervous and talking to fill the silence.

Normally a five mile radius in the primary search. In the Holly Bobo (TN) abduction 04/13/2011, it was seven days later before a roadblock was iniated..
She is still missing without a clue...

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/jun/28/americas-silent-disaster/?partner=RSS

'America's silent disaster:' Mysteries of the missing
FBI: More than 1,100 'active' missing-persons cases in Tennessee; exact number unknown

By Jim Balloch
Posted June 28, 2009 at midnight

I was thinking a little more specifically which major roads and neighborhoods LE was searching between Saturday evening and Sunday morning. If whoever had Jessica's backpack needed to get home or to work and had to use a road that was blocked or enter a neighborhood where cars were being searched, it's possible that the packback was disposed of so he/she could get through or to that road/neighborhood.

Unfortunately that's not true. When you factor in attempted abductions, it happens a lot:

Google search for "child abducted bus stop"

agreed Chili fries... The number of attempted abductions are either not reported or ignored as the recent abduction attempts near Westminister, CO. The most unreported crime in America is rape and abduction attempts... Do the math...

There have been cases where I was SURE the parents were involved, cases where I was not sure and this case. I do not believe her parents have anything to do with the disapperance of her. They appear to be heartbroken and grief stricken to me....Lord, help me if this was me. I am not sure I could even give an interview much less have every word I say analyzed. I know I would be a bubbering idiot! Heartbroken for this famiy!

On NG, now.

Well, actually, the show went to a commercial, but NG will be back to misinform (...oopw, I mean inform) in a minute or so.

She prerecords early in the day so I doubt she'll mention the family's presser. I see Mark Klaas is on and I looking forward to see what he says.

The raw interview with the mother does NOT say cousin.

But is it her cousin? We have seen it both ways, if it is her cousin and mom is not saying it, then why isn't she referring to him as cousin?

Here is the quote:

Sarah described a conversation she had with Jessica about taking a recently-introduced bus service to school this year. Instead, Sarah said, Jessica made a plan with her older cousin Jeremy to walk to school every day.

From this article: http://kdvr.com/2012/10/09/family-of-jessica-ridgeway-makes-first-public-statement/

I can't watch the vid, is that quote from that vid but with the "cousin" added by the journalist?

My question is, if the boy who walked to school with her is her older cousin, as stated in the article then is his dad Sarah's brother? If it is not her older cousin, then what made Sarah feel safe sending Jessica to school with this older boy everyday? Or is the entire article wrong and the boy a fellow 10 y/o in her class whom she knew from school?

Hope all this makes sense.

shefner Your child is gone....you are actively searching.....praying and hoping....

My heart screams, "Where is my little girl? Please, if you have her, let her go. Just let her go. I don't know if she's cold or hungry...or if she's hurt somewhere. Without my baby, my life is over...so please, please let her come home to me."[/QUOTE]

She must be beating herself up for not having her cell phone in her bedroom.

shefner (somethings wrong with my computer)

I diagree, how many children have been let go cause their parent cried, begged and said their life would be over without their baby? The abductor could care less about you, they most likely have a mental disorder, and you can actually be feeding into their mental disorder, with all of that.

And all the we this family said, I can see that to. Very close with my immediate family, have a single daughter, who lives in my home, with her children. Our message would be exactly what they said. My 8 year old grandson would get the message " we are staying strong, you stay strong to and we will all be here dealing with this when you come home".

I've worked in the mental health field for 30 years, so my take is different dealing with someone who so obviously has a mental disorder.

When all is said and done though, it would not shock me if someone in the immediate family did something, but just showing a different view of it.

Off the top of my head... a little boy in Canada, his abductor left him unharmed back in the family home.. creepy as all get out.. but the little boy was ok...

If Jessica routinely ate breakfast at school the granola bar may have been to tide her over until she got to school. I don't understand the teenager part at all, but she might just be nervous and talking to fill the silence.

Thanks for that. It's been a long time since my boys were in grade school, and I totally forgot about school breakfast.

The more hours/days that go by, the worse I feel for this family and the community. And especially for this sweet young lady :(

Kids are not abducted walking to bus stops all the time, It is an extremely rare event.

"You are kidding, right"?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6ewd_7Z6ks"]NBC's Dateline Ann Curry Jaycee Dugard Pt 1 - YouTube[/ame]

But is it her cousin? We have seen it both ways, if it is her cousin and mom is not saying it, then why isn't she referring to him as cousin?

Here is the quote:

Sarah described a conversation she had with Jessica about taking a recently-introduced bus service to school this year. Instead, Sarah said, Jessica made a plan with her older cousin Jeremy to walk to school every day.

From this article: http://kdvr.com/2012/10/09/family-of-jessica-ridgeway-makes-first-public-statement/

I can't watch the vid, is that quote from that vid but with the "cousin" added by the journalist?

My question is, if the boy who walked to school with her is her older cousin, as stated in the article then is his dad Sarah's brother? If it is not her older cousin, then what made Sarah feel safe sending Jessica to school with this older boy everyday? Or is the entire article wrong and the boy a fellow 10 y/o in her class whom she knew from school?

Hope all this makes sense.
The quote is wrong. She didn't say cousin, she said Jessica's friend J and his older brother who goes to middle school.

Big long shot but how far away is IA (lyric/Lizzy)

CO (jessica)

And WY <modsnip>

I have to agree.. If my 10 yr old went missing and had the opportunity to see me and his dad on TV while he was missing, and he saw me break down an lose it... It would damage him all the more .. Compared if I kept my cool, spoke directly to him to tell him his Dad and I are "ok", we are strong.. We are looking for you ect ect.. .. I think it would give him hope...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti