CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
That old guy has lived at The Cecil for 32 years??? Wow. How many of them are there? So it's possible one of them could have taken her to the roof. They would all know about the roof, whether or not it's locked, and would know about the tanks and how to gain access to them.

This poor girl had no business staying there. I won't even drive through there at night.

in response to bbm above...

Shake-Up at Main Street Low-Income Housing Complex
April 10, 2012

snipped...A lawsuit between the hotel owners was settled in January when an agreement was reached that maintains the Cecil as a residential hotel. The building was allowed to have 301 residential units and 299 hotel rooms.

http://www.ladowntownnews.com/news/...cle_3642fd14-8030-11e1-9603-0019bb2963f4.html

The more I think about it, the more I think someone in charge of the hotel's security is responsible. They are in the best position to know the location of surveillance cameras, exits and passages, have access to keys, have the power to tamper with the system, and give people a sense of security.

=( i had a really strong feeling that she would be found like within these few days....but i never thought it would turn out this way...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHdWh1UZlAE"]Body of Missing Tourist Elisa Lam, 21, Found in Cecil Hotel Water Tank LOS ANGELES - YouTube[/ame]

When I re-watch the elevator footage, the splayed hand motion she makes almost looks like swimming :what:

I recall a post on the FEL fb page...

Someone noticed a new Elisa Lam page had been made on FB, making that poster wonder if it was Elisa...they said it appeared on Wednesday (now I wonder if they meant the 6th or the 13th...hmmmmmmmmmmmm.)

What IF it was the person/people responsible for this dirty deed...???...to make it seem like she might be alive out there

:what:

eta: just to be clear, and fwiw, there was a post made of FEL fb page that said something like this --- paraphrasing here:

Did anyone see a new Elisa Lam fb page??? It appeared Wednesday - I wonder if it could be her???

I recall a post on the FEL fb page...

Someone noticed a new Elisa Lam page had been made on FB, making that poster wonder if it was Elisa...they said it appeared on Wednesday (now I wonder if they meant the 6th or the 13th...hmmmmmmmmmmmm.)

What IF it was the person/people responsible for this dirty deed...???...

:what:

The facebook page "find elisa lam" is now closed. I think it was probably the 6th. Because I remember when the video was first posted it was valentine's day? or the day before?

I know the FEL fb page is now closed - it's understandable right...???...i'm just reflecting, since it seems there was a killer/killers on the loose the entire time Elisa was being labelled C R A Z Y

So did anyone see the post i'm speaking of???

ETA: (The one i refer to in MY LAST POST)

I know the FEL fb page is now closed - it's understand right...???...i'm just reflecting, since it seems there was a killer/killers on the loose the entire time Elisa was being labelled C R A Z Y

So did anyone see the post i'm speaking of???

which post were you specifically talking about?

Ahhhh dang!!!!!!

I'm so sorry that this is the outcome!
How unbearably difficult this must be on Elisa's family and friends.

Rest in peace, Elisa.

:rose: :rose: :rose:

In the "communicative" section of the video it seems possible she is recounting using a lot of body language something to someone who does not speak English well. Is it possible that her behaviour is post traumatic i.e. she has been attacked possibly also drugged (note her hand folded somewhat protectively in front of her early in the video) and it is possible around 2:12 or 2:15 she is showing (she does this twice) that her hands were tied up, she was made to sit down does seem to me she is mimicing something like that. She is getting on the elevator and messing with it so this person or more likely people cannot rejoin her.

Is it possible she was on a floor where there was no egress by the stairways, that they were locked and she knows the elevator is being controlled by someone? I remember signing into the Sloane House Y in NYC in seventies the doorways were locked and it was a dive like this place fled and went to the Empire the elevators were impossibly slow and I felt somewhat claustrophic and desperate.

Is it possible she is trying NOT to be taken back say, to one of the resident floors where an attack happened or to meet up with someone or a group - the opposite in other words of elevator tag. If this involves any staff then imagine how tight a situation she must be in how desperate she would feel. Could be middle of the night. Could be she had already been taken to a basement or the roof (!) - last time she used the elevator she ended up somewhere she didn't want to go....what do you do now?

When she first gets on could she be talking through an emergency intercom tough to see if there is one. When she is mostly off camera in the hall she has her hands over her head or behind a head a gesture typically of great tension or exasperation. I don't see that her feet leave the ground at the end she seems to simply turn left.

Not sure.

An alarm and a lock and a key, alarm monitored by security. I hope security has been doing their job, so it's easy for LE to find who went through that roof door with that key that night.

I wonder if the alarm was the loud noise that guy heard.

Bernard Diaz, 89, a 32-year tenant of the Cecil, said he heard a "tremendous" noise the night before Lam was missing in the fourth floor above him.

He also said there was flooding on the fourth floor the day after Lam went missing.

"They said there was some obstruction to the drain between the third and fourth floor," Diaz said.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...er-womans-body-found-in-hotel-water-tank.html

Do we know where she stayed in San Diego? Specific hotel or area? Do we know how she got to LA from San Diego? San Diego is fine but still, if attentive, lots of run-off in vibe and personelle from the military base on Coronado. That on surface a very attractive place, Coronado.

Hotel website for Cecil makes it seem quite nice. A great deal. I paid 160 in July for a motel type place in Hollywood, ridiculous place as well. Stopping for a day or two in LA hardly unreasonable idea for her en route to Santa Cruz. Very easy not to know an area is rough especially when the website shows pictures of Hollywood and Beverly Hills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare