View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
The 'foot' picture shows Travis bleeding profusely with the blood coming from his neck area and streaming back over his shoulder. There's only one wound that would cause that amount of bleeding in that area, and that's the huge neck wound. The M.E. on the stand indicated the same thing (neck wound is the wound that stream of blood would correspond to).

At the point of that picture it was over for TA. His life, if not already gone, was within seconds of being gone. The next picture taken shows an even larger amount of blood streaming down his back, over his shoulder.
I must disagree with you on this. The blood that is seen in this picture is not from the neck slashing wound. The blood volume is a trickle as seen in the photo. The gaping neck wound that severed both carotid arteries and both juglular veins would have sent blood shooting/spurting into the air in massive volumes. If you need to visualize the type of arterial bleeding that happens when a major artery is severed I will locate a surgical website for you. Otherwise, I'm going to rely on MHO that most individuals who are not in the medical profession will see a minor wound that is bleeding and think :OMG MASSIVE BLOOD LOSS: That is simply because most people have never seen/experienced a person with an arterial bleed. Arterial wounds can shoot blood several feet into the air if inflicted while a person is still alive (heart beating) and has sufficient blood volume left in the body (has not exsanguinated).

I'm not trying to belittle you or say anything negative about you, Madeline74. It's just your information on the blood loss from the neck wound does not coincide with the medical known facts for an arterial bleed.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to scubagrannie For This Useful Post: