WA WA - Seattle, WhtFem 30-50, 159UFWA, alias 'Mary Anderson', copper IUD, breast surgery scars, Oct'96

Kodiak - with so much conflicting information on Mary Amos, why not check her against this UID?

Thanks for the feedback, Woodland. Yeah, I think I should submit Amos as a possible against Mary Anderson.

Any feedback from fellow sleuthers about submitting Amos as a contender is greatly appreciated. I just don't want to jump the gun and waste LE's time and financial means if a majority do not agree about Amos being a possible match.

Also, it will be five business days this coming Thursday since contacting the medical examiner's office. If I do not hear anything by the end of that day, I will call the office.

Interesting articles I found about a suspected spy arrested in Montreal on November 14, 2006 in relation to a 1996 Russian spy operation in Canada.

Some interesting quotes from the articles:

"Officials were saying little about the highly sensitive case yesterday. Investigators were trying to confirm the suspect's true identity and the foreign intelligence agency he works for, but the case is being compared with a 1996 spy operation conducted by the Russian Foreign Intelligence Service, or SVR."

"Formed in 1991, the SVR is the successor to the First Directorate of the notorious KGB. Its aim is to advance Russian interests by collecting military, economic, technological and NATO secrets."

"The Soviet KGB had an extensive spy program in Canada during the Cold War, but it did not end with the collapse of the Berlin Wall. The KGB's successor, the SVR, has continued to covertly plant intelligence operatives abroad."

"The latest arrest suggests Moscow continues to target Canada, which it views as a convenient "legend" for its spies as well as a source of economic, technological and military secrets in its own right."

"Illegals are specially trained individuals who can work alone or as a couple. They live under instructions from SVR Headquarters (known as Centre, and located in Moscow) in a target country using a false identity for the purpose of conducting espionage activity in a clandestine manner."

"Prior to arriving in such countries as Canada, illegals learn intelligence techniques, as well as the languages, culture and customs of their target country, CSIS wrote."

"The object is to allow them to blend in to the social fabric of the target country without coming to the attention of the local counter-intelligence service."

"Much of the training received by illegals deals with methods of communicating covertly with headquarters by sending and receiving encrypted messages, CSIS said."

It's further evidence that Russian spies were quite active in 1996 in Canada. Could this be another Canada connection to Mary Anderson?

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/story.html?id=36afd40b-9357-40a6-9ad5-52e0e8039bf8&k=58108

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazet...=1875d8c4-fff8-4f4c-8d06-a1fe67ca54cf&k=82227

After putting some thought into it, a suicide in a particular room number at a particular hotel could have been a signal to someone. Especially when the deceased knew how to obtain and properly mix cyanide (no convulsions etc).

After putting some thought into it, a suicide in a particular room number at a particular hotel could have been a signal to someone. Especially when the deceased knew how to obtain and properly mix cyanide (no convulsions etc).

You might be on to something. The room number and hotel could have been a message, maybe for a "worst case scenario" situation if one should happen–and then it indeed happened! Perhaps the signaled message was to indicate to a person(s) or a group to cover their tracks and get out of the area.
Could 214 be a covert message? Maybe Mary Anderson was known as Agent 214. And the hotel was the location known as the point of no return–get out!

I listen to shortwave radio every night and hear many clandestine Morse Code transmissions world wide. Perhaps, after her death, someone transmitted in Morse Code over shortwave a message like: -- 2-1-4 -- 2-1-4 -- 2-1-4 -- T-E-R-M-I-N-A-T-E-D -- 2-1-4 -- 2-1-4 -- 2-1-4 --

http://doenetwork.org/cases/245ufva.html

this woman[ maybe due to artist's drawing?]
always has reminded me of MA
also the fact that she committed suicide and left a note similar to MA?
May not be related but had the same mindset for suicide?:twocents:
I have tried to find some sort of connection, figuring one suicide lead to the other?
Just putting it out there for consideration. thanks to all onborad with this search.
Kodiak has the advantage being near the case location.
Glad everyone is trying to solve this case.
As one poster said: the tests could be done now that were not done then.
I think her DNA should be submitted to a DNA database.
there is a worldwide DNA testing org.
It helps people connect with family lines.
Right well, if the chance ever comes to do that right?:twocents:

http://doenetwork.org/cases/245ufva.html

this woman[ maybe due to artist's drawing?]
always has reminded me of MA
also the fact that she committed suicide and left a note similar to MA?
May not be related but had the same mindset for suicide?:twocents:
I have tried to find some sort of connection, figuring one suicide lead to the other?
Just putting it out there for consideration. thanks to all onborad with this search.
Kodiak has the advantage being near the case location.
Glad everyone is trying to solve this case.
As one poster said: the tests could be done now that were not done then.
I think her DNA should be submitted to a DNA database.
there is a worldwide DNA testing org.
It helps people connect with family lines.
Right well, if the chance ever comes to do that right?:twocents:

Yes, seen this before. I think you gave to me back in 2010. I need to look it back over.

Websurfer-- Remember the MARY AMOS case? The one we thought was a top contender for Mary Anderson back in August 2010... you think we should submit her for Mary Anderson? See recent posts starting at #274.

Hello, I found Mary Anderson's case a couple of years ago and found myself completely intrigued by this lady and her wish to exit this world without leaving a trace. I spent several hundred hours thinking, reading and thinking even more about her. I started a case file on her and had put an exorbitant amount of time into looking into unclaimed property. Then my laptop crashed and everything was lost...:cry: I have an external drive now that I save everything on...I wish I would have had it to save my "Mary stuff" to. In all my searches I found a couple that were very promising...one I can remember, the other I cannot. The one I can remember offers little if anything more than what is already known. In New York State Unclaimed property there is a Maryanna Anderson, bad address, bad city NY. The unclaimed property is savings accounts at SEIU Federal Credit Union...service employees international.

Hello, I found Mary Anderson's case a couple of years ago and found myself completely intrigued by this lady and her wish to exit this world without leaving a trace. I spent several hundred hours thinking, reading and thinking even more about her. I started a case file on her and had put an exorbitant amount of time into looking into unclaimed property. Then my laptop crashed and everything was lost...:cry: I have an external drive now that I save everything on...I wish I would have had it to save my "Mary stuff" to. In all my searches I found a couple that were very promising...one I can remember, the other I cannot. The one I can remember offers little if anything more than what is already known. In New York State Unclaimed property there is a Maryanna Anderson, bad address, bad city NY. The unclaimed property is savings accounts at SEIU Federal Credit Union...service employees international.

Hi mom:seeya: :wagon: :goodpost: :gthanks: :yourock:

The spy theory is rather interesting. But I am wondering if her weight had always been at what it was when she was found, would she be an "acceptable" spy? 240lbs is considered to be obese and a health risk in a 5'7 woman. Typically spies need to be able to get in and out of unsafe situations as quickly and however possible. An overweight spy may not be the most effective spy. Also, Kodiak, I definitely believe that Mary Amos should be brought up to LE. The circumstances surrounding her disappearance just seem odd, a woman with so many aliases is very strange. At the very least maybe they can shed some light on her case (Mary Amos)....

Amazingly, there aren't many Maryanna Anderson's on Ancestry. There are two listings in NY, both the same person, born 9 Nov 1967. One address is 56 Francesca Ln, Staten Island, NY, 10303-2101 the other address from 1996 is 809 Friel Pl, Brooklyn, NY, 11218-2608 (1996).

Now, if the address she gave of 132 3rd Street was actually in Staten Island, it would be about 6.7 miles from the Francesca Ln address.

Just thinking out loud here and I may be way off track but, I wanted to throw it out there just in case...

momtective,

Thank you for stopping by and for the wonderful information you gave. I'm sorry to hear your computer crashed after so many hours of research. How defeating and gut wrenching! We hope that you stay around as this case thread is really taking off and the brainstorming the last week here is amazing.

SEIU Federal Credit Union... with unclaimed property associated with a Maryanna Anderson. Hmmm. Do you know how much the property is worth and when it was first listed to the public?

Interesting as it is a federal credit union... as the article I posted here a few posts back (#303) about the 1996 Russian spy case in Oregon, the ex CIA official who spied for and was paid by the Russians had his payments from them transferred to a federal credit union...

"Nicholson, an Oregon native who had been serving as the CIA's deputy station chief in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, wired the money to his Oregon account from Malaysia immediately after meeting with Russian intelligence officials at the Russian Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, U.S. officials said.

The Selco Credit Union is a small concern that operates three branches, all in Lane County, Oregon. Alex Pawlowski, a Selco branch manager, said Tuesday that the credit union is primarily for teachers, but also serves some military veterans and federal and municipal employees."

Maryanna Anderson, as I take it, must have worked for a county or U.S. Government. Is SEIU Federal Credit Union large or small? Exactly how many locations are there in NY?

The spy theory is rather interesting. But I am wondering if her weight had always been at what it was when she was found, would she be an "acceptable" spy? 240lbs is considered to be obese and a health risk in a 5'7 woman. Typically spies need to be able to get in and out of unsafe situations as quickly and however possible. An overweight spy may not be the most effective spy. Also, Kodiak, I definitely believe that Mary Amos should be brought up to LE. The circumstances surrounding her disappearance just seem odd, a woman with so many aliases is very strange. At the very least maybe they can shed some light on her case (Mary Amos)....

Yeah, you make a great point about her weight being an issue as a spy. But, I have a hunch that she gained it through the years as she got older and was the heaviest at the time of her death. Your point does bring to mind the fact that when we fall in love or get married, we gain a lot of weight because we are happy to be spending time with the person we love... and that means eating out and enjoying foods more. Mary Anderson must have done the same thing, somewhere through the years, she might have fell in love, gained weight, and then one day her world stopped turning.

Oh, and thank you for your advice, JillyNJ, regarding Mary Amos. I appreciate it.

Amazingly, there aren't many Maryanna Anderson's on Ancestry. There are two listings in NY, both the same person, born 9 Nov 1967. One address is 56 Francesca Ln, Staten Island, NY, 10303-2101 the other address from 1996 is 809 Friel Pl, Brooklyn, NY, 11218-2608 (1996).

Now, if the address she gave of 132 3rd Street was actually in Staten Island, it would be about 6.7 miles from the Francesca Ln address.

Just thinking out loud here and I may be way off track but, I wanted to throw it out there just in case...

Thanks for this info, momtective!

This is interesting. I'm going to do some late night researching with this as of right now.

momtective,

Thank you for stopping by and for the wonderful information you gave. I'm sorry to hear your computer crashed after so many hours of research. How defeating and gut wrenching! We hope that you stay around as this case thread is really taking off and the brainstorming the last week here is amazing.

SEIU Federal Credit Union... with unclaimed property associated with a Maryanna Anderson. Hmmm. Do you know how much the property is worth and when it was first listed to the public?

Interesting as it is a federal credit union... as the article I posted here a few posts back (#303) about the 1996 Russian spy case in Oregon, the ex CIA official who spied for and was paid by the Russians had his payments from them transferred to a federal credit union...

"Nicholson, an Oregon native who had been serving as the CIA's deputy station chief in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, wired the money to his Oregon account from Malaysia immediately after meeting with Russian intelligence officials at the Russian Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, U.S. officials said.

The Selco Credit Union is a small concern that operates three branches, all in Lane County, Oregon. Alex Pawlowski, a Selco branch manager, said Tuesday that the credit union is primarily for teachers, but also serves some military veterans and federal and municipal employees."

Maryanna Anderson, as I take it, must have worked for a county or U.S. Government. Is SEIU Federal Credit Union large or small? Exactly how many locations are there in NY?

I'm only finding one location for SEIU and it's in New York City.

From their website:
Since its inception in 1940 the 1199 Seiu Federal Credit Union has been serving its members in and around the New York, New York area with exceptional financial products.

Currently led by Kathya Pierre, the 1199 Seiu FCU has grown its membership to over 29,697 with assets of more than $55,178,994. They have 17 full time employees and 2 part time employees with a single main office.

The 1199 Seiu offers its members a full service website that allows for true "Banking From Home" functionality. Users have the ability to apply for loans, get account balance and history reports, transfer money between accounts, and so much more.

Members can also take advantage of a full array of loans including real estate, business and new and used car loans.

They are registered as a associational ( non-religious or non-fraternal) type Credit Union. This means that anyone associated with a particular group that is not religious or fraternal based may be eligible to join.

There are many other credit unions with branch office locations in the nearby area. http://www.usacreditunions.com/1199-seiu-federal-credit-union-24670

I find the BBM strange.

Also of the 24 directory listing for Maryanna Anderson on Ancestry, 7 have Oregon addresses, one has a 1942 - Tacoma, Washington address, and the remaining are listed in NV, CA, OK, NE, MN, ID, TX, and MI...and they are all 1996 or earlier residence.

I'm only finding one location for SEIU and it's in New York City.

From their website:
Since its inception in 1940 the 1199 Seiu Federal Credit Union has been serving its members in and around the New York, New York area with exceptional financial products.

Currently led by Kathya Pierre, the 1199 Seiu FCU has grown its membership to over 29,697 with assets of more than $55,178,994. They have 17 full time employees and 2 part time employees with a single main office.

The 1199 Seiu offers its members a full service website that allows for true "Banking From Home" functionality. Users have the ability to apply for loans, get account balance and history reports, transfer money between accounts, and so much more.

Members can also take advantage of a full array of loans including real estate, business and new and used car loans.

They are registered as a associational ( non-religious or non-fraternal) type Credit Union. This means that anyone associated with a particular group that is not religious or fraternal based may be eligible to join.

There are many other credit unions with branch office locations in the nearby area. http://www.usacreditunions.com/1199-seiu-federal-credit-union-24670

I find the BBM strange.

Also of the 24 directory listing for Maryanna Anderson on Ancestry, 7 have Oregon addresses, one has a 1942 - Tacoma, Washington address, and the remaining are listed in NV, CA, OK, NE, MN, ID, TX, and MI...and they are all 1996 or earlier residence.

I got your emailed info last night, momtective. Thank you.

This credit union is indeed interesting as it functions and is isolated all unto itself. The 24 directory listings have opportunity for potential leads, especially for the Oregon and Tacoma, WA regions.

Revised the comparison photos of Mary Amos with Mary Anderson. Added the digitally modified photo of Amos with the short hairstyle. Also cleaned up the digital makeup on the Amos photos and retouched the one with the Mary Anderson hairstyle by making the hair slightly darker.

Attachments

• Comparisons_v2.jpg
    Comparisons_v2.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 114
Revised the comparison photos of Mary Amos with Mary Anderson. Added the digitally modified photo of Amos with the short hairstyle. Also cleaned up the digital makeup on the Amos photos and retouched the one with the Mary Anderson hairstyle by making the hair slightly darker.

It's close but I think Mary Amos has a wider nose, Mary Andersons' nose appears to me to be very straight, narrow, and almost pointed at the tip, with little flaring of the nostrils.

Found one birth record in W. Virginia

Name: Maryanna Anderson
Birth Date: 1945
Birth Place: Marshall

One Cali, birth record

Name: Maryanna Anderson
Birth Date: 4 Aug 1939
Mother's Maiden Name: Dederick
Birth County: Los Angeles

One Ireland Birth record for

Jane Anderson born to Maryanna Anderson...no other info listed as for dob on this one

It's close but I think Mary Amos has a wider nose, Mary Andersons' nose appears to me to be very straight, narrow, and almost pointed at the tip, with little flaring of the nostrils.

Yeah, you're right. The noses do look different. It's so hard to tell. I wish the investigators would have taken a straight-on shot from Mary Anderson's slightly turned angle.

Okay, I'm excited! I just remembered that I had started a family tree on a family I had found through my unclaimed property searches...this is where the other promising "Mary" is connected.

I found a Mary C Anderson as the executrix of Clarence and Leona Bevensee....but I never figured out exactly how she would be related to them....but whomever she is, she never settled these estates and that is indeed strange!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back