MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I complete missed the Meijer Pharmacy link. Will someone please fill me in on this?

These comments are in the first couple of pages in the thread:

Yes...several blocks off one highway, and a mile at most from another. Across the closer highway is a large mall, many restaurants etc. Of course the mall would have been closed, but on a Friday night the restaurants would have been busy. And there is a large Meijer store which is open 24 hours right by the mall. But as you cross over the highway going west toward the Exxon station, nothing else is really open, it is quite dark. There is a strip mall which would have been closed. The airport is nearby, but it rarely has flights come in that late.

I heard it was a man driving the van (they are saying a Town & Country white van). Some reported it was a grey van.

One post said a co worker drove by and noticed the lights in a van being turned off and they (van) went by Miejer's (sp) and then turned around and came back.

As far as I know, they haven't released it yet. They "don't feel confident" whatever that means.

I would like to know more about the off-duty employee who was driving by and said she pulled into the guitar store parking lot to watch because something at the gas station looked off? But she didn't check it out? I don't understand that whole scenerio or I missed something. I wonder if the sketch comes from her and the police are doubting this story a little. Just guessing on my part.

BBM

Where did you read that? TYA

Map to link of street view:

http://goo.gl/maps/iM76z

I just checked this map out and it is the perfect way to get a handle on the area around the station if you wish. Click on it and you can move around so that you can see the strip mall really well. Keep clicking and it will let you navigate anywhere around the area. Where you see the RR crossing across Sternberg, that is the US31 exit. On the same side of the road as the Exxon you have the exit from Southbound US31 to Sternberg, on the opposite side you have the exit from Sternberg onto US31 Southbound. If you were to continue East a little, the exit from Northbound 31 to Sternberg would be on the side opposite Exxon (same side as the exit from Sternberg onto US31 Southbound). Across from that, on the same side of the road as Exxon, you have the exit going from Sternberg to Northbound US31.

BBM

Where did you read that? TYA

I believe it was an off duty gas station employee who saw that and it was linked upthread.

Is it ok to post this? If not, pls delete, sorry, thx.

Response:

SF: Yes this is exactly what I saw

(you were there?? I thought she was working alone?)

SF: I was driving by seen a van pulling into the back if the building turning off the lights so my hubby and I went back parked by the guitar place and just watched cus I had no clue something like this was happening. The man then drive right past E and I. I only seen one person in the van with a bright Rd or orange sweatshirt I feel awful but I didn't know it was anything like this!"

so, maybe the guitar place has surveillance footage?

I hope the delay in the presser means their validating credible leads that can be released to the public.

Somebody mentioned pinterest before. Do members post a profile picture there? Did you see Jessica's? The picture I see, when I google, makes her look like a Barbie doll. It's a head shot.

So, no ground searches conducted yet...I wonder if they have footage via a traffic or other surveillance cam of the vehicle leaving the area.

Also, has anyone seen anything re: which direction the vehicle headed out in?

go to FB public comments and look at a location/cross street FB page there, then see comments by SF

OK I see it now. TY. Bessie has a quote on her Sig that reminds me to not take rumor on FB as fact, but I certainly do file it!

I can't remember which site I saw that it was an employee on, but it was a fellow female employee who gave the interview I saw this morning. She said she hadnt slept and had to be on duty today. Here is a link to a story that mentions a passerby. The passerby is the fellow off-duty employee.

Yes, I deleted my misinfo. When I clicked thru to her personal profile, the workplace is the Exxon.

ok, here are my 2 cents. i just found the convo from yesterday. what i took the poster to mean was that a co-worker (who was off at the time) was driving past the gas station, saw the silver van drive around the gas station building and turn its lights off... they wondered what was going on, so they drove down to Meijer's and turned around to get a look at what was going on. when they got back by the gas station, they saw the back hatch door being closed and the driver drove off.

also - i'm thinking that there are two possibilities regarding the van. most 30-40 year old men wouldn't be driving a mini van, let alone a town & country, unless they had a family. perhaps this suspect is married and has children? any wives or girlfriends out there in that area happen to have a husband who didn't come home until later than usual that night? if the sweatshirt was bright orange, maybe the person works construction? i know (well at least in california) that a lot of construction jobs are done at night since the traffic flow is almost non-existant... if he does work construction, he might have even done this before going to work if they were to start sometime after midnight? the broad shoulders would also be a characteristic i've seen in many construction workers.

the other car scenario is that it was either stolen or a rental (but i'd lean more towards stolen)

I'm praying for Jessica just found out she was missing from an article at the daily mail http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-15-minutes-end-night-shift-gas-station.html

I don't understand how a gas station doesn't have any cameras here there is one at every gas pump, inside and around the forecourt. Is this normal in the states to have no cameras? Surely Exxon has a duty to keep employees and customers safer? What about people who steal gas? Baffling.

Does anyone know there is a national database for stolen cars? (searching)
I noticed Seattle pd has set up a twitter just for stolen cars, pretty cool...

She is an employee. You can follow the link to her FB page where she says she works at Exxon. You can read that she says "We have cameras there now". She is an employee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74