SIDEBAR #6- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been on a jury so I have no clue, but if the foreman decides they are all entitled to their opinions and they won't deliberate does that just end it?

Could other jurors write notes to the judge to ask if they could proceed in another way ie get rid of the foreman? Just curious in case I'm ever on a jury.

I'd be happy to bet they had both agreed to a "Friends with Benefits" type situation. Whilst Travis could handle it, the CM couldn't. Perhaps when he began to work with his bishop, he then started to pull away from this but not everyone and perhaps more when they are young treats sex at this age as "sacred".

ETA

Yes that is a hard line and IMO a real generalisation of what can be a "friends with benefits" type situation. I have to diagree on your judgements re weakness too.

I'm wondering why on earth my posts are not being read completely tonight.

The original post by Elle was that she would feel like an object if she was having sacred sex with a man who lied about their relationship to others and refused to commit to her.

My response was POINT SPECIFIC to THAT POST. There were no GENERALIZATIONS involved.

It isn't "friends with benefits" if ONE PARTY WANTS A COMMITMENT. The whole point of FRIENDS with BENEFITS is NO COMMITMENT, hence, the "friends".

You don't have to agree with my OPINION. I believe if a person who WANTS A COMMITMENT yet is HAVING SEX with someone who REFUSES TO COMMIT, then that person is weak for continuing to have sex with that person. It cheapens the person.

You can't complain if you're just having sex and accepting whatever the person is handing out when what you want is a commitment.

Sorry but if I want a commitment from a man and he refuses to give me one, I'm not going to have sex with him because I determine my worth, not him.

I just can't get the strange comment Jodi made out of my head when she was asked if she would kill again.

When she replied she wouldn't unless someone tried to "kill her life" it just reminded me of Travis threatening to expose her for something!

Do you remember where/ when she said that? I don't think I heard that. More than strange. I am reminded of that diary entry where she writes violently about cutting Travis from her life. Don't have that strange, creepy quote just now.

I just can't get the strange comment Jodi made out of my head when she was asked if she would kill again.

When she replied she wouldn't unless someone tried to "kill her life" it just reminded me of Travis threatening to expose her for something.

Sorry I'm behind as usual lol!

No, that's just what she does when she's lying and she gets nervous b/c she knows it's a lie. That's why she uses weird tenses (like mixes up past and present), why she refers to Travis in the present tense, why she uses incorrect pronouns like using "we" instead of I (the big conspiracy theory that she was using "we" meaning Matt M and her...no it's just b/.c she's lying and gets words jumbled up). If you ever read a transcript of anything she's ever said, you will notice a LOT of weird things and weird ways of putting sentences togther. This is all a result of her lying, because her brain is ahead of her making up the lie, and so the sentences don't come out right.

The original post by Elle was that she would feel like an object if she was having sacred sex with a man who lied about their relationship to others and refused to commit to her.

My response was POINT SPECIFIC to THAT POST. There were no GENERALIZATIONS involved.
Snipped by me... Too many capitals are hard for me to read (genuinely) but:

I realised you were talking about one situation which is why I said "what could be a friends with benefits type situation." That's situation - not plural. It's also fine and normal and good to disagree about points.

Perhaps you should what I wrote subsequently -- Ah, ok, I get it.

(your shouting is not appreciated)

What??

Maybe you can offer a cyber booklet on what constitutes "shouting."

Perhaps if I'd used all caps and multiple explanation points, I'd understand but ... I don't.

ITA~ But, in my mid 20's I was naive and let it happen and a counsellor once said I had attachment issues (not weak) and was like a "valkyrie" attaching myself to men who had no other desires from me except sex.

I'm much older and wiser now. :seeya:

So, both Travis and Jodi had issues and one thing Jodi was right about imo is that they brought out the worst in each other like a bad drug.

It isn't "friends with benefits" if ONE PARTY WANTS A COMMITMENT. The whole point of FRIENDS with BENEFITS is NO COMMITMENT, hence, the "friends".

You don't have to agree with my OPINION. I believe if a person who WANTS A COMMITMENT yet is HAVING SEX with someone who REFUSES TO COMMIT, then that person is weak for continuing to have sex with that person. It cheapens the person.

You can't complain if you're just having sex and accepting whatever the person is handing out when what you want is a commitment.

Sorry but if I want a commitment from a man and he refuses to give me one, I'm not going to have sex with him because I determine my worth, not him.

Could other jurors write notes to the judge to ask if they could proceed in another way ie get rid of the foreman? Just curious in case I'm ever on a jury.

I just read the Scott Peterson jurors' book (very badly edited but interesting nontheless) and there were notes written to the judge quite frequently -- the FP finally left the jury because of some of the bickering and a couple of jurors were dismissed because of notes to the judge.

<snipped by me to remove video>

IF this trial proceeds as currently planned, I am curious if we will see a very different Jodi. She will have had a couple of months preview of what her life will be like when trial is over. I wonder if she will be even more defiant, or will it have broken her spirit? :what:

I'm afraid we may see a profoundly more mentally ill version. I'm not sure the new jury will notice but we who have followed the trial closely will. I think solitary will deflate her into a deep depression. No attention for months. Nobody to manipulate. :stormingmad:

Snipped by me... Too many capitals are hard for me to read (genuinely) but:

I realised you were talking about one situation which is why I said "what could be a friends with benefits type situation." That's situation - not plural. It's also fine and normal and good to disagree about points.

In that case, your post made it into a generalized situation when I was being point specific. It's unfair to label my point specific post as a generalization when you added a variation on theme.

So I have to admit I was yelling like a banshee in my response post with all the caps so I'm sorry about that.

I just read the Scott Peterson jurors' book (very badly edited but interesting nontheless) and there were notes written to the judge quite frequently -- the FP finally left the jury because of some of the bickering and a couple of jurors were dismissed because of notes to the judge.

IMO the first question on the last day of trial (THursday), which was Question #3 and sealed, I think that was the jury coming back to the judge and telling her that they still couldn't reach unanimous decision. I think the Judge then sent back a second Allen charge in writing, and maybe some other suggestions.
Then finally the third time the jury sent the note, the judge decided to end it.

When she replied she wouldn't unless someone tried to "kill her life" it just reminded me of Travis threatening to expose her for something.

Sorry I'm behind as usual lol!

You're right. It is very strange she doesn't say 'kill me' or murder me. Kill my life could be taken as "end my future happiness", which is what I think she actually meant.

I'm afraid we may see a profoundly more mentally ill version. I'm not sure the new jury will notice but we who have followed the trial closely will. I think solitary will deflate her into a deep depression. No attention for months. Nobody to manipulate. :stormingmad:

Yes, it will be good. It will be the crazy CMJA we have all seen come out sometimes in the courtroom. It will be the one with the monster face and evil eyes. I can't wait. I wish the Foreman take a GOOD LOOK at her then, and see if he don't see no killer then.

In that case, your post made it into a generalized situation when I was being point specific. It's unfair to label my point specific post as a generalization when you added a variation on theme.

So I have to admit I was yelling like a banshee in my response post with all the caps so I'm sorry about that.

That's how you interpreted it. Thank you for the apology though. I really like your posts (normally ;)) so I'm going to step away now. It's a lovely sunny day here today. Too good not to be enjoyed.

IMO the first question on the last day of trial (THursday), which was Question #3 and sealed, I think that was the jury coming back to the judge and telling her that they still couldn't reach unanimous decision. I think the Judge then sent back a second Allen charge in writing, and maybe some other suggestions.
Then finally the third time the jury sent the note, the judge decided to end it.

ITA, the lawyer on the Legal Question thread alluded to the judge handling the jury properly the last few days --

Will this help? click on it to make it bigger.

th_BLIlIuvCAAAjeFZ.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thank you!

I have updated with observations from KCL and earlier threads, plus I think the jurors all have the right numbers now. Thanks TXPro, My3Sons and Katiecoolady!!!

Am I missing anyone? So far we have heard from Tara Kelley, Bill Zervakos, Carol Gosselink, Diane Schwartz and Daniel Gibb. Meliha Omanovic said she would speak out after the trial finishes.

If you have anything else to add, please copy the post instead of quoting it so that we don't lose content.

Please only take information that has been freely given by the jurors and is available on MSM. Please do not sleuth or google private information about the jurors.

Juror No. 1 - Church Lady

She is a white female in her 60s and sits closest to the witness stand. She doesn't look at Arias often during her testimony. People in the gallery observed her yawning once during an emotional part of Arias' testimony.

This lady looks absolutely disgusted the whole time. I never once saw her look in the direction of JA. Not ONCE. She either stares straight forward or looks at JM.

Juror No. 2 - Trump

He is a white male in his 50s. He takes few notes and usually has his head cupped in his hands as he listens to testimony.

I called this guy "Comb Over" he had his head resting on his hand almost the whole time. He also never looks at JA. He seemed to be paying attention, but also seemed bored.

Sorry Juror 2, I know it's your real hair! His voice was strongest on those YES's w/ verdicts. I love him.

Juror No. 3 - Housewife
Was crying when mistrial was announced.

She is a white female in her 40s. She takes a lot of notes and often watches prosecutor Juan Martinez as he moves around the courtroom. She has been seen submitting questions.

Interesting different view today. I called her the "Angry Neighbor Lady" Lol. I wrote that she follows along, but has a constant "sour puss". I don't know if it's just "her look" or what, but she seemed to be frowning every time I looked at her.

She became my foreperson pick after CEO was bumped. Tons of notes, attentive. I didn't really see her as anger as much as very attentive.

Juror No. 4 - Grandpa

He is a white male in his 60s, and he takes few notes.

I also named this man Grandpa. He does have a sweet face and seems the "calm" type.

Juror No. 5 - tri color
Dismissed. Identified herself as 38 year old Meliha Omanovic.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mheOIxrA3eo"]Jodi Arias Trial: Juror 5 Meliha Omanovic says she was booted because of a joke - YouTube[/ame]

She is a married, white female in her 30s. She sits on the edge of her seat and is the most visible juror from the gallery because she has a &#8220;unique hair style.&#8221;

This is the only one I remembered Anita's name for because her hair stood out, Lol. She reminded me of my best friend. She probably gave more facial expressions than any of the others. She is very engaged and took a fair amount of notes.

Juror No. 6 - Nancy Reagan
Has identified herself as Diane Schwartz.
Was crying when mistrial was announced. Mouthed "I'm so sorry" to the Alexander family.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...5jodi-arias-juror-six-speaks-about-trial.html

She is a white female in her 60s and is also seen taking many notes.

I called her Spikey Hair. Anita's description is better. She was the only one I saw look at Jodi when the jury first walked in. She took a lot of notes

Of all the jurors, I'd say she had the hardest time not showing emotions.

Juror No. 7 - Paul Rudd

He is a white male in his 30s, and he is married. He takes notes and often bites his nails.

He does look like Paul Rudd, but with shorter hair. He's a good looking young man.

I always thought he looked like Adam Levine. The trial did look to wear on him as he looked to me like he lost weight and was drawn toward the end.

Juror No. 8 - CEO
Dismissed. Identified himself as 52 year old Daniel Gibb.
http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nbc-news/51843800

He is a white male in his 50s and is married. He also takes notes and has been observed submitting questions.

I called this guy "The Dad". He looks nothing like my dad, Lol, but for whatever reason... I got a fatherly feel from him.

Juror No. 9 - Willie Nelson

He is a white male in his 60s. He wears denim on most days and sits at the end of the jury box. He sits close to the first row of the gallery where Alexander's family sits.

This guy looked PIZZED the whole time. He seemed to be staring towards the media lady or just into the corner. I only saw him look at JM or JA maybe once.

He has this long white ponytail but dresses kinda like a golfer. He often went in the front door alone or sat outside on a bench. He was a really hard read for me but rarely took notes.

Juror No. 10 - Barb
Alternate Juror. Identified herself as Carol Gosselink
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/05/24/arias-jury-foreman/2359903/
(article has quote from Carol Gosselink, video of foreman is shown)

She is a white female in her 40s. She is an occasional note taker and she often looks at the gallery during sidebars.

I called this lady "Plain Jane" She was very hard to see from where I was, but I could tell she was taking notes quite a bit.

Attentive, more and more toward the end looked out toward the family. Very serious. Looks professional.

Juror No. 11 - Poquito Mas
Dismissed

He is a Hispanic male in his late 20s to early 30s. He dresses casually and sometimes slouches so far down in his chair that he is hardly visible to the gallery. He does not appear to be taking notes.

I called him "Paco" He was hard to see too, but mostly because he was slouched down in his seat I thought he'd fall off Lol. At one point he was bent over instead of slouching, but still very hard to see.

Juror No. 12 - Neil

He is a white male in his 40s.

I called this guy "Jim" I wrote "very hard to read".

He concerned me at first, I don't know why. But toward the end I had great confidence in him. His face gets red when strong emotional things discussed.

Juror No. 13 - Wrestler

He is a white male in his late 20s or early 30s. He appears to be the youngest member of the jury and takes very few notes. He smiled when Martinez asked Arias if she could predict the future.

I called this guy "The Jock" He reminded me a little of Oz on American Pie (Chris Klein).

He was extremely attentive in mitigation phase. So much so that I thought he could have been foreperson.

Juror No. 14 - CPA

He is a white male in his early 60s who often swivels in his chair. He does not appear to be taking notes.

I called this guy Sleepy. He swiveled in his chair a lot and fell asleep at least twice. He was also slouched down in his chair.

Juror No. 15 - headphones
Alternate Juror

He is a white male in his late 60s to early 70s. He wears an audio-enhancing headset provided by the court. He does takes notes.

I called him "Captain" He has a very intense gaze. It's hard to describe but he gives off a stubborn and no bs vibe. Maybe ex military or something?

Juror No. 16 - Maureen
Was crying after mistrial was announced.

She is a white female in her 40s and also takes lots of notes. She swiveled her chair toward Arias during her testimony.

I called her The Secretary. She took a lot of notes and had a "polished" look to her. She had her whole body turned facing Jodi. I barely saw her look at JM. She was the only one that really made me feel nervous at all.

I really want to hear from her. Seemed bonded w/ Ponytail. She asked questions, very attentive. Some said she looks like Jodi's mother. Kinda but not really. Same hair color/length. She always had navel intelligence toward the witnesses.

Juror No. 17 - Ponytail
Alternate Juror, identified herself as Tara Kelley
https://twitter.com/tarakelley320

She is a married, white female in her 30s. She takes a lot of notes. She does not look at Arias during testimony. She tends to look straight ahead or down at her notes.

I called her frumpy lady. Not in a rude way... it's just the word that came to mind. Very plain. She took a lot of notes.

She wore different hairstyles often, long bangs, ponytail, down, up. Often in very high heels, jeans, sparkly tops. Of course now we love her. And I think she's super cute but have seen more pics of her by now.

Juror No. 18 - The Artist
Foreman. Has identified himself as 69 year old William (Bill) Zervakos
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/jodi-arias-trial-jury-foreman-interview-william-zervakos-19247835

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG_t1jm7pAY"]Jodi Arias Trial FOREMAN Interviewed on GMA after Deadlock | William Zervakos & Jodi Arias Hung Jury - YouTube[/ame]

He is a white male in his 70s and is married. He has a tattoo on his right arm. He rarely is seen taking notes. He sits the furthest away from the witness.

This guy also had a very intense gaze. He took some notes. He rubbed his face and tapped his fingers to his lips a lot. He wasn't the only one doing stuff like that.

His gait was what gave away his age. He walks like he has some pain but of course that's my job to assess things like that.

Nite guys. Don't forget we have Juror 17 interview with DrDrew on Tuesday night, then I believe she is going to have a chat session with WAT on Wednesday. Also hopefully AZCentral will put up more of the juror 6 interview. AND HOPEFULLY WE ARE DONE WITH FOREMAN INTERVIEWS.

Do you remember where/ when she said that? I don't think I heard that. More than strange. I am reminded of that diary entry where she writes violently about cutting Travis from her life. Don't have that strange, creepy quote just now.

It was in the interview with Ryan Owens from ABC. I tried to link it but got a bad error message.

I thought it was the best of all the interviews. Jodi ended up calling him a hater. Definitely worth the watch. MOO

Soo... When you get put on time out everyone knows because your old posts say so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname