NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bunnyhop, it was said on News12 last night, reporter said "a huge police presence" and the entrance to the park and Wantagh State Parkway was closed. I know the area somewhat. Just from other things that happen on LI, anytime a cop is involved, for example a fatal car accident, there are hours of investigation at the scene. Of course this is only a thought,nothing to base it on. But I got a really bad feeling when I saw the report. Also body was found near a bike path in a heavily wooded area.

I'm not feeling like it's him but who knows.

As usual, not a lot of info.

Bunnyhop, it was said on News12 last night, reporter said "a huge police presence" and the entrance to the park and Wantagh State Parkway was closed. I know the area somewhat. Just from other things that happen on LI, anytime a cop is involved, for example a fatal car accident, there are hours of investigation at the scene. Of course this is only a thought,nothing to base it on. But I got a really bad feeling when I saw the report. Also body was found near a bike path in a heavily wooded area.

They closed the Parkway too? Wow.

I guess how much time Police spend there is determined by....well how long the victim has been dead.

http://longisland.news12.com/news/m...k-preserve-in-wantagh-1.5828601#autoplay=true

WANTAGH - Investigators are searching for clues after a man's body was found at Mill Pond Park Preserve in Wantagh.

Police are not saying much, only that the body was discovered slumped over a log around 4 p.m. Sunday inside the woods and is now being treated as a homicide.

Late last night investigators were seen carting off the body of an unidentified male from inside the reserve.

Heavy police presence forced the closure of the entrance ramp to the Southbound Wantagh Parkway off Sunrise Highway as homicide detectives combed the scene for evidence.

At one point, a police helicopter landed on the parkway to pick up crime scene investigators.

It's really not at all close to the Deer Park train station if that's what you are thinking. It's at least a half hour drive in a car.

Oh God.... I have no words for mornings like this... just tears, hopes and prayers.

Eliza-- I was wondering this morning in fact-if a second car had been at the train station. RM put his bike in the GTO and switched to another car and left. Or the bike was already in a second car.

Completely different trails. Very far from deer park. Unless someone dropped him off there, i cannot see him riding a bike from deer park to the wantagh expwy. Its about 40 minutes by car, with no traffic.

I dont think its him.

I do think that if RM were found in this manner that the amount of police presence is what I would expect.

I don't think that there is any other missing males on Long Island besides the other man from Dix Hills (who I think went for a swim never to return).

However, I'm just not "feeling" the location.

There are many trails off the wantagh expwy. Alot of shrubbery and very heavily wooded. Also, not the safest place.

Eileen, not sure if you know long island but the wantagh expwy is very far from the deer park train station. Definitely not an easy bike ride. Actually, its not even possible to ride a bike from deer park to wantagh. Its all highway travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member