CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
There really is no new news to report.
There have been unconfirmed sightings in Port Orford, Or. as well as Oxnard Ca. We don't know if the multiple people in Oxnard are seeing the same person BUT have ruled out the sighting at the Embassy Suites in Mandalay Bay.
The cell phone finding showed nothing, BUT LE still dosemt have the printed text massages from AT&T, a subpoena was served for this info weeks ago.
Forensics still haven't finished laptop (as of Monday) WTH !
They are now working on DNA from the vehicle. (Really, a month later?) as of Monday
LE contact with family has been minimal, and not very informative

Not real sure, because I don't know all the laws, maybe gitana1 can answer this. As far as digging into his lap top and xbox, if he is the registered owners of these things, I'm not sure if LE will dig through these, if they don't suspect foul play. Bryce is an adult, LE would need a subpoena to do this, they would have to show just cause for getting a subpoena, I think.

LE has already gone through his laptop & accessed his facebook. So I'm sure the xBox would be no problem. Just hope they have covered that base..

I haven't been on here because I have been doing everything I can trying to keep the media involved. The 3 vigils (Light The Way Home For Bryce - Prayer of Hope) did provide a lot of media but I have also been contacting media as much as possible to keep the story out there.
I have something in the works for next week to again get the media involved.
I truly think that it is going to be someone who sees a flyer, or a story on the news that will find him and not LE.

There really is no new news to report.
There have been unconfirmed sightings in Port Orford, Or. as well as Oxnard Ca. We don't know if the multiple people in Oxnard are seeing the same person BUT have ruled out the sighting at the Embassy Suites in Mandalay Bay.
The cell phone finding showed nothing, BUT LE still dosemt have the printed text massages from AT&T, a subpoena was served for this info weeks ago.
Forensics still haven't finished laptop (as of Monday) WTH !
They are now working on DNA from the vehicle. (Really, a month later?) as of Monday
LE contact with family has been minimal, and not very informative

So good to see you again dragracerz, sure wish some of the forensics would come back.

@ Dragracerz

Looking for clarification on the gas purchase on Thurday. Which is correct or could there have been two purchases?:

Th 29-Aug 12:30pm Buttonwillow DRZ: BL bought $39 worth of gas at the Oasis Valero Station on Lagoon Drive.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic-Timeline and Media Thread **NO DISCUSSION**

OR

29-Aug ~10:30pm Buttonwillow DRZ: BL bought $39.50 worth of gas at the Shell gas station, corner of Tracey Ave and Lagoon Drive.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1

Thx!

Maybe he met someone online. This could be a reason to break up with a current girlfriend and go on a road trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

My impression of all the available material and gf's behaviour since he went missing suggests quite the opposite.
Not casting aspersions at all, a gut feeling from my professional background and as a mother of sons.:twocents: JMO

shortened for space

No Cops aren't able to pull up the nationwide criminal records of drivers they pull over.

I think they can. If they have laptops in their vehicle, they have acess to wants, warrants, arrest information etc. available from NCIC at their fingertips.

@ Dragracerz

Looking for clarification on the gas purchase on Thurday. Which is correct or could there have been two purchases?:

Th 29-Aug 12:30pm Buttonwillow DRZ: BL bought $39 worth of gas at the Oasis Valero Station on Lagoon Drive.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic-Timeline and Media Thread **NO DISCUSSION**

OR

29-Aug ~10:30pm Buttonwillow DRZ: BL bought $39.50 worth of gas at the Shell gas station, corner of Tracey Ave and Lagoon Drive.

Thx!

I believe the Valero purchase was $1.71 for a fountain drink.
Shell gas station initially showed a $40 HOLD (which I believe it does automatically when a credit card is swiped) but then showed a $39.50 fuel purchase
Hope this helps clarify

Ok, sorry for not getting back on here sooner. Ive scrolled through the last few pages and want to clarify a few things.

I don't know who posted the drug charges but it was simple possession of marijuana, I have already stated that Bryce experimented with and was not trying to hide anything.
In ILLINOIS, any charge relating to drugs carrys a large fine, and yes, the additional fines are to fund task forces etc. This WAS NOT a big deal.

Caron, don't be offended, but please get your facts straight before posting. Bryce broke up with Kim on the phone PRIOR to going to Chico, she said that when he was there, he didn't formally break up with her and the relationship was fine. She also refers to him in all her current statements as "her other half", "her boyfriend" etc. Not something an EX would say, so unless she has 2 different stories, I have to believe what I am told.

Also, you referred to a black Jansport backpack - That was thrown away before this school year started, he had a Nike book sack this year.

I known Bryce ALL OF HIS LIFE, not just 1 year.

Lets get back on track trying to figure out where he is, and or what happened. I understand that when 1 thing pops up, new speculations emerge. I, as the uncle, have not mislead, hid, or withheld information. I, like most of you on this board, am doing the same thing, trying to find Bryce.

To you and his dear family - please know that not everyone on this forum agreed with the posting of the charges. IMO it was unnecessary, unhelpful and intrusive. Gitana, the verified attorney, has been very helpful in calming some of the 'hysteria' about this, which to me, is just so not an issue. We were all teenagers once, the only perfect people aren't on this earth.
Agree that the focus should be on finding Bryce and bringing him home, nothing else. Prayers for the family. :rose:

LE has already gone through his laptop & accessed his facebook. So I'm sure the xBox would be no problem. Just hope they have covered that base..

LE is aware of the XBOX but family (at least not me) hasn't been told anything

@ Dragracerz

OR

Thx!
I believe the Valero purchase was $1.71 for a fountain drink.
Shell gas station initially showed a $40 HOLD (which I believe it does automatically when a credit card is swiped) but then showed a $39.50 fuel purchase
Hope this helps clarify

Time of gas purchase? 12:30pm or ~10:30pm ?

TIA

I think they can get a search warrant pretty easily in the case of a missing adult whose car is found crashed by a lake.

I don't think so. Anything more serious would have resulted in the state pursuing more serious charges. I discussed this with my law partner last night. He explained that a plea deal cannot include payment of higher fines in lieu of dropping certain charges because that would mean rich people would not receive the same justice as the poor (which I realize happens anyway).

He explained, however, that restitution is different and can be part of a package deal that includes dropping some charges and would explain the high fine amount. But I saw no restitution on the breakdown of his payment.

My law partner explains that in California, penalties and assessments can be tacked on to a fine increasing it by 270%. However, he stated it is highly unusual for a judge to fine a person the maximum, which is what I thought. I don't know what the Illinois legislature allows for as far as using penalties and assessment to increase fines way beyond the highest limit. Maybe someone from IL can simply call a criminal attorney there and ask what this indicates.

I'm not sure but perhaps IL is just super serious about pot charges.

Can someone check his IL arrest record? If he was initially charged with
More, that would show it.

First of all Illinois is broke, and yes, any drug charges incur LARGE fines. This was a simple possession of marijuana charge. There were no other charges.

NOT ONLY drug charges incur large fines, minor traffic (speeding) fines range from $375 to $1500 + other fees
I know someone that was speeding in a school zone (but lights weren't flashing indicating that the school speed limit was in effect) 36 in a 20 zone and had to pay $900 +$250 in fees - $1150 for speeding, plus had to go to a class in lieu of another $175 fee

@ dragracerz ...

RE: Tu 8/27 - "he was acting weird" story ...

Tu 8/27/13 Girlfriend, KS, noted that he was acting weird. BL admitted to KS he took at least one pill described as medication for attention deficit disorder, according to conversations relayed by KS to KL.
DRZ: confirmed the medication was "Vyvanse".
Where did this happen?

What actually happened?

What was BL doing while "acting weird"?

Was he humiliated, belittled, made fun of, ???

Was he showing signs of mental illness?

???

I think that BL broke up with his and then the disappearance happened, unrelated. No offense to her or the family, but if I was her, I'd be in denial about that as well. And if it's taking away from the story and making different theories pop up, saying it didn't happen is easier. BUT, with that said, it is time to tell the truth since anything that is inaccurate makes all of the truths look like lies. I'm sorry to say that. Im tending to believe the initial comments that he went to her house and broke up with her. AND THAT'S OK!!

Time of gas purchase? 12:30pm or ~10:30pm ?

TIA

Actually I believe the Valero charge was 11PM so the Shell charge was just before or just after 11PM

Sorry I don't have CC statement in front of me. Hope this helps

I think that BL broke up with his and then the disappearance happened, unrelated. No offense to her or the family, but if I was her, I'd be in denial about that as well. And if it's taking away from the story and making different theories pop up, saying it didn't happen is easier. BUT, with that said, it is time to tell the truth since anything that is inaccurate makes all of the truths look like lies. I'm sorry to say that. Im tending to believe the initial comments that he went to her house and broke up with her. AND THAT'S OK!!

And you may be 100% correct.
I can only act on what I am told. As can Caron who posted with a different story than mine.
Without being there no one except Bryce and his g/f know for sure

Let me jump in say thanks dragracerz for popping in and updating us, as well as any clarifications you can give.

When Bryce was arrested in Placer County (Ill.) in July 2012, he was actually living in Dupage County which is about 2.5 hours away...I wonder what he was doing. Thoughts? <modsnip>

That is intriguing. I had assumed that Putnam County was where Naperville is located but that is actually the MUCH more urban DuPage County. Putnam County is extremely rural and is located on Interstate 80, so one would assume that he was on some kind of road trip and got pulled over by either the Highway Patrol or local LE, and they found the MJ.

This information would also make it more reasonable that BL spent so much time at the rest area in Buttonwillow in an attempt to score drugs. This would sound nutty to the law abiding but I recall inviting a client and his spouse to a corporate event in Maui, and on the first night there he scored some weed just by sitting on the beach and talking to young men who walked by. Eventually someone knew someone who knew someone and the deal was struck.

To you and his dear family - please know that not everyone on this forum agreed with the posting of the charges. IMO it was unnecessary, unhelpful and intrusive. Gitana, the verified attorney, has been very helpful in calming some of the 'hysteria' about this, which to me, is just so not an issue. We were all teenagers once, the only perfect people aren't on this earth.
Agree that the focus should be on finding Bryce and bringing him home, nothing else. Prayers for the family. :rose:

Thank you for posting this.
I am aware that when something new comes up, it creates new speculation, which I understand.
I do agree it is somewhat intrusive BUT if there was more to the story, and I was not related, I too would be thinking a lot like some other users. I was shocked when I saw some posts, but again, I know differently.
The information would actually be helpful and necessary if Bryce was some type of drug addict, dealer, etc. BUT he is not.
I am only trying to clear thing up as best as I can as a family member

That is intriguing. I had assumed that Putnam County was where Naperville is located but that is actually the MUCH more urban DuPage County. Putnam County is extremely rural and is located on Interstate 80, so one would assume that he was on some kind of road trip and got pulled over by either the Highway Patrol or local LE, and they found the MJ.

This information would also make it more reasonable that BL spent so much time at the rest area in Buttonwillow in an attempt to score drugs. This would sound nutty to the law abiding but I recall inviting a client and his spouse to a corporate event in Maui, and on the first night there he scored some weed just by sitting on the beach and talking to young men who walked by. Eventually someone knew someone who knew someone and the deal was struck.

Or maybe he was just exhausted from not having slept for 3 nights and then driven for several hours - possibly in a distressed state from events back at Chico etc?:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks