GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
But one thing has always puzzled me with this, and perhaps it's just a matter of semantics and not relevant. We have a report of Abby exchanging a series of texts with a classmate, and we're told that JCjr saw her "texting away." If the two were texting _each other_ all that time, wouldn't he say that? In other words, there's a "distance" implied by him saying the last time he saw her she was walking, "texting away," rather than "last time I saw her she was walking away and we were texting."

Having trouble putting this the way I want to, but hopefully someone gets what I'm saying.

JMO

I totally get what you're saying. But, we have to remember that we don't know what he said, we only know what his dad said he said. "Texting away" sounds much more like an adult phrase to me.

I totally get what you're saying. But, we have to remember that we don't know what he said, we only know what his dad said he said. "Texting away" sounds much more like an adult phrase to me.

I always interpreted that statement to mean that she was mindlessly, frivolously texting, as all kids do, for a consistent period of time. Never did I get the sense that she was texting while walking (distance) away. It does seem like an adult phrase, Cat.

The ping was said to come from the west side of cranmoreso why didnt they go up there from the get go and search?

As far as we know it was JDC telling us what JImmy said. Hearsay!

The ping was said to come from the west side of cranmoreso why didnt they go up there from the get go and search?

I've wondered that myself. The only thing I can come up with that makes any sense is that ZH told the police AH rode the bus home so they assumed she made it home first and wanted to gather as much evidence from the home. BTW I think that's where the confusion of whether or not she made it home came from.

i agree, but on 10/15 at 5:18 during this news conference, when asked if her phone is missing, JY says "i'm not going to comment on that".

??? why wouldn't a simple "yes" or "no" suffice?

http://www.wcsh6.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=2746266879001

then the next day, 10/16, this is reported:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...whereabouts/RjtyexWUPCCzR5nQaZYFbI/story.html

"Authorities are looking for Hernandez’s cellphone — a white iPhone 5 in a pink and gray case. Specifically, they are asking businesses to check their lost-and-found holds to see if the phone might have been unclaimed, said Jane Young, associate New Hampshire attorney general."

know what i think? they want to prove that what's been told to them about the last set of texts is the truth. they need that phone. and didn't initially want to admit they didn't have it nor the text thread. same goes for the 6:30 call. she said (paraphrased) that information was inaccurate but asked the public for help with regards to that call. if there was no 6:30 call, she wouldn't have asked for info on the call because it didn't exist.

any friend that had texted her on tuesday, wednesday, et cetera, could have simply told LE that they deleted the threads. kwim?
I interpreted the statement differently. JY didn't ask for information about the phone call. In fact, she made it very clear that there was no 6:30 phone call.

JY's exact words: "We do not have a phone call at 6:30 that evening."

It was important to clarify this for the public so that no one with knowledge of Abby's whereabouts prior to 6:30 would think it was irrelevant, and fail to report it.

"We have information that Abby was at school. After that we are trying to determine every step she took. To the extent that information is out there (the erroneously reported 6:30 phone call) individuals may be saying, 'Gee, I saw her...she talked to someone at 6:30. I'm not going to report that.' We are asking the public to come forward with any information regarding what they could have seen about Abby on either Tuesday, Wednesday, or any day thereafter."

Starts at 3:00 in the October 15 press conference video.

JY says no PHONE CALL at 630. Could there have been a text?

Why did AH start her walk across the field hockey fields? It seems out of the way to head there first. The map we have shows that and I also read it in a media report that I can't find.

Makes a person wonder if maybe people up there might be afraid to say anything.

Just read an amazing story on Fox News. A Wisconsin girl who disappeared in 2004 aged 16 has been found alive and well in Mexico.
Conclusion:
Never ever, ever give up hope!!!

Just read an amazing story on Fox News. A Wisconsin girl who disappeared in 2004 aged 16 has been found alive and well in Mexico.
Conclusion:

Is she the one that took off with a 20 year old boyfriend and was able to do it without a trace?

I am pretty sure i read that JDC said that Jimmy and abby were together everyday. Except one?

Conclusion:

Wow! That's amazing, NordicPete. That's why I don't question the sincerity of RH's statement here. You can never know for sure until the missing person is located, alive or deceased. A parent will always have that niggling little doubt, even in the face of strong evidence the person was harmed.

My cousin disappeared at age 18. He was with other kids having a New Years Eve party on a frozen lake. He left to go to shore and disappeared. His friends reported, albeit 24 hour later, that he had fallen through the ice. But his body wasn't recovered til spring. While he was missing, there were rumors that he'd run away and was living in another state. We knew with all rational certainty that he was dead. But a teeny tiny part of me, in the back of my mind, wanted to believe it was possible.

I am very happy the Wisconsin family has good news. As tempting as it is to think AH ran away, I don't think there is any indication she left of her own free will. I've been looking at other cases on the missing teens in New England. Most of the recent ones that are labeled runaway have indications of an unsettled home situation and/or have run away in the past.

They did a search there with the canine dogs, according to the boyfriend's parents who run that page.

i have to agree to disagree about the 6:30 call. it's brought up too much, i realize that...and belabouring the point makes it moot but it's one of many thorns in my side with the case.

this guy wouldn't just pull that piece of information from nowhere, i can't believe that. read his bio (i snipped one tiny bit):

"He is one of two Officers at Fish and Game who is trained to address critical incidents involving police agencies and stressful search and rescue needs."

http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Newsroom/News_2010/News_2010_Q3/KJordan_092410.html

they even based part of the search on that particular 6:30 ping/call/text:

Missing teenager Abigail Hernandez's cell phone was last used at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, the day she disappeared after walking home from Kennett High School, officials said.
According to officials, the call was made in the vicinity of Cranmore Mountain Resort. Her cell phone "hasn't been used since," said Major Kevin Jordan of the NH Fish and Game Law Enforcement Division on Sunday.
"We were actually looking for Abby, and were looking in the area of the cell phone band from the tower signal the last time her phone was activated," Jordan said.'

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index.php/newsx/local-news/109539-hernandez-useme

On Tuesday Young worked to combat reports that Hernandez's phone was used to make a call at 6:30 p.m. on the evening she disappeared.
"That is not accurate information," Young said before declining to elaborate.

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index.php/newsx/local-news/109522-missing-101613

"At the press conference Tuesday evening Young said that reports of a call being made from Hernandez's phone at 6:30 p.m. on the day that the teen disappeared are not accurate. Young did ask if anyone has any information about such a phone call that they contact authorities."

all i'm saying is that she never says "no call", the reporter did in the headline of that last article. she seems to skirt the question and carefully states "not accurate" versus a flat-out "no".

maybe it wasn't a call, major jordan says "activated". turned on = pinged?. but 3:07 and 6:30 aren't typos; i simply doubt he would've screwed those numbers up so entirely. kwim?

sorry if anyone disagrees...as usual, JMO and i know the taste of crow...:blushing:

I see no sense to a missing girl's facebook page when its obvious no one can speculate what happened on it. All it tells us is what JDC is doing.

Are you talking about the Missing Help Find AH Facebook page? Not AH's personal page?

The MHF page was set up to spread the word. It's a place to disseminate information and coordinate publicity efforts.

There is a web page www.bringabbyhome.com, IIRC, set up by Paul Kirsch of the White Mt. Milers.

white rabbit, it's one of the mysteries of this case. I agree that JY doesn't say there wasn't any phone activity, she just states there was no call. But if there was no call then why ask for anyone to come forward if they have any information about the call? The only thing I wonder about is if two people have the same account (like mom and daughter) if the cell phone activity could have been wrongly reported as AH's phone activity when in actuality it was ZH's phone activity?

respectfully snipped
i have to agree to disagree about the 6:30 call. it's brought up too much, i realize that...and belabouring the point makes it moot but it's one of many thorns in my side with the case.
I'm happy to agree to disagree, Rabbit. I know all about those thorns. :)

I gotta say, though, "We do not have a phone call at 6:30 that evening." is rather unequivocal. However, I do get your point.

white rabbit, it's one of the mysteries of this case. I agree that JY doesn't say there wasn't any phone activity, she just states there was no call. But if there was no call then why ask for anyone to come forward if they have any information about the call? The only thing I wonder about is if two people have the same account (like mom and daughter) if the cell phone activity could have been wrongly reported as AH's phone activity when in actuality it was ZH's phone activity?
She didn's ask for information about a phone call.

And no to the second question. Each device has a unique identification number, or an IMEI.

http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/IMEI-International-Mobile-Equipment-Identity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiseryMozzary