ND ND - Reachelle Smith, 3, Minot, 16 May 2006

Sabine said:
Dex

Yes to the military... Minot is a small town in central ND with a Air Base!
AND...

Yes, I did read that the guy told the Aunt the girl was at HIS moms, and his mom lived at the Minot Air Base, Minot ND till she moved to Kansas just before the little girl went missing! Thats when the Aunt called her in missing... when the Aunt found out the guys mom moved! I heard that the little girl would sometimes stay with this guys mom.

And I also found that Police Capt. Al Hanson said, There's family in England, thought to be some in Kansas, and some family in COLORADO...

You can read it in the Minot Daily News at http://www.minotdailynews.com/index.asp.
I just looked at it and it has a big photo of her today. Please go look at her photo.

Isn't the biological father from Colorado?

Dex said:
If he wasn't the father, then who was? Are they sure it was suicide or was it made to look like a suicide, someone could have easily clocked him a good one and set the whole thing up. Now everyone has me wondering who the father is, if anyone hears any military reference LET ME KNOW. thanks.

That or any kids from CO or surrounding area. The girl I saw (who I can't shake from my mind) was blonde, about 3-4 yrs old, rather small (my 5 yr old isn't fat, but was big built for his age when he was that age) The guy she was with was about 6' ish had on black sunglasses the whole time, shaven bald and had U.S military tags. I would say he was probably about 27-32 yrs of age. I say this because WALMART has surveillance of EVERYONE that walks in the door. If something similiar hits the news I'll take what I have 50 miles north of me if I have to, to get someone to look into it. It's possibly her hair could have been dyed, I just though CO was a far way away from home to be driving. Military or not, my brother is a marine who lives in NC, even they hate a 12 hour drive, and usually fly up.

I advise you to contact the authorities innediately.

It is THEIR job to investigate the tips, and they'd want to know what you're telling us.

Dex said:
If he wasn't the father, then who was? Are they sure it was suicide or was it made to look like a suicide, someone could have easily clocked him a good one and set the whole thing up. Now everyone has me wondering who the father is, if anyone hears any military reference LET ME KNOW. thanks.

That or any kids from CO or surrounding area. The girl I saw (who I can't shake from my mind) was blonde, about 3-4 yrs old, rather small (my 5 yr old isn't fat, but was big built for his age when he was that age) The guy she was with was about 6' ish had on black sunglasses the whole time, shaven bald and had U.S military tags. I would say he was probably about 27-32 yrs of age. I say this because WALMART has surveillance of EVERYONE that walks in the door. If something similiar hits the news I'll take what I have 50 miles north of me if I have to, to get someone to look into it. It's possibly her hair could have been dyed, I just though CO was a far way away from home to be driving. Military or not, my brother is a marine who lives in NC, even they hate a 12 hour drive, and usually fly up.

I agree with you that the suicide looks very suspicious, and I presume that the LEOs have noted this, too.

I hope that you have already called the authorities and have told them everything you know.

It is better that you tell the authorities --- for all we know, perps read these boards....

Calling them NOW, was trying to get a time and date that we was there to give LE so they can pull surveillance.

Well that was an odd quarky kinda call, I hope and pray they look into it. He seemed kinda hesitant at first until I started getting more into detail, then he asked me to describe the man and I gave them the info I had. Keep your eyes out and let me know if anyone hears anything, he took my information in case he needed to get ahold of me again.

Dex said:
Well that was an odd quarky kinda call, I hope and pray they look into it. He seemed kinda hesitant at first until I started getting more into detail, then he asked me to describe the man and I gave them the info I had. Keep your eyes out and let me know if anyone hears anything, he took my information in case he needed to get ahold of me again.

IMO, it is very important that anybody ANYWHERE who believes they have seen a child resembling Reachelle should call in a tip immediately.

It has been 8 days.

She could be ANYWHERE, and she could be with ANYBODY.

Maybe the child you saw was NOT her - and maybe they've received 199 sightings of that same precise child, but it is only the precise detailed info that you handed over that can lead the LEOs to the precise child to either identify her as Reachelle or else to eliminate her.

AND if they eliminate this child, then when they receive future sightings of her, they'll already know that she's just a look alike.

In a case of an active Amber Alert --- as opposed say, to a cold case decades old, I think you simply should CALL and let the LEOs decide the veracity of your tips.

I whole heartedly agree, there was something in his tone that struck me off guard, hopefully, it was the fact that I had detailed information.

From my experience with LE in reporting things, no one seems to listen or take me seriously, and it's not like im some paranoid schizophrenic who calls in everything I hear. I remember last year someone threw a full beer bottle at my house that almost shattered my living room window where my son was playing on the floor, a few months later someone hit my bedroom window with a paintball gun, im assuming its an ex. Can't get LE to do anything about it. In another instance I caught a gentlemen walking through my backyard on crutches, looked injured, had gauze around his hands. Its a BIG backyard and he was booking it. I called LE and asked that they check up on him because of the looks of things, and told them he was going north and gave a description. Next thing I know, as I'm listening to the scanner, the dispatch has him going the opposite direction! They never did find him, I always hoped he was ok. You just don't see people like that normally, and I live kinda in the country. The LE here has alot to brush up on, thats why I contacted ND direct.

Funniest thing about it, is thats the field I'm going into LOL.

Hopefully for her sake, if it is her, they took me very seriously. I told him that it wasn't like I heard about her on the news, while I did think the girl looked like her, it wasn't until everyone starting telling me about the military and Colorado link that gave me goosebumps.

Dex said:
I could kick myself in the arse now for looking into this before now. The girl I saw had lighter hair, but some of the facial features strike me as familiar. I don't know if I've contaminated my own eye sight from looking at other pics of kids or what. Is this the first time this pic has been shown in her case? Im going to have my mother look at it, who was with me, and nonetheless walmart has surveilance if need be. Can you find the links that says his mother lived on air force base and the CO link???
Dex, try this page. I hope I get the link right.
http://www.minotdailynews.com/news/story/0524202006_new24news1.asp

Like I say, I hope I get the link right. I can't cut'n paste:rolleyes:

edited to try to fix it...

Dex...

Ok, I think I got that link to work.
Look at the bottom of the page to find that info you were looking for...

Ive been praying and waiting for any updates on this baby girl...

Like many of you, i have a bad feeling this wont have a happy ending the guy commiting suicide and all...just makes me sick, they waited 4 days to report her missing.

Until tonight I wondered if the 22 yr old was actually the one who took her but I don't have any doubts now. On the news it said that the little one was put to bed at her aunts house. She was gone in the morning and the 22 yr old said that he had taken her to his mother's home. The aunt just accepted what he said and didn't even check to see if the little girl had clean clothes or anything else she might need at the 22 yr old's mother's house. Then we find out that the guy's mother had moved before that night or shortly afterwards.

My question now is...why would this 22 yr old get that little girl up sometime in the night to take her to his mothers? Why would he have taken her without saying anything to the aunt first?

I wonder if he did something to that little girl during that night. I don't know if the aunt was home asleep or if she was gone. Regardless, I wonder if he did something and he ended up killing her. He could have taken her body anywhere to get rid of it. Then when the aunt questioned the where abouts of the little girl he said he had taken her to his mothers. If that aunt had just made a phone call to the guy's mother she would have come to realize that no one was there. If she had gone over there she would have realized that the mother had moved if in fact she had already moved.

Speaking of the guy's mother....I wonder if LE has checked up on her. If she hadn't moved before that night but right afterwards could she have the little girl with her? Maybe she didn't feel the little girl was being well taken care of and maybe the 22 yr old had convinced his mother that the little girl belonged to him.

If the 22 yr old had been hit and knocked out and then the van was set up so he would die of carbon monoxide I would think that the ME will figure that out. I think he committed suicide because he did something to that baby and knew he would get caught and sent to prison. Heck, he even took the aunts van to commit suicide in!

This is all so confusing! I just question why the aunt never checked on Raechelle. Even if the boyfriend said he put her to bed, wouldn't it just be the "mother" instinct to check on her? I know she was the aunt, but she was raising this child as her own. I know when my little girl was small, I checked on her more than once during the night. She's 10, and I STILL check on her! Also, if the boyfriend told the aunt that Raechelle was at his mother's, wouldn't the aunt call to just check on her? Something just doesn't sit right here. I can't imagine going a few days w/o knowing the whereabouts of my child or not talking to her. I know if my dh told me he took my dd to his mom's at that age, I would still call to see how everything was going, heck, I would have been the one to pack! Raechelle was old enough for this aunt to talk to on the phone, given there even was a phone to call on. There is a big piece of this puzzle missing, and unfortunately boyfriend died w/ that piece.

Bobbisangel said:
I think he committed suicide because he did something to that baby and knew he would get caught and sent to prison.
Unfortunately, I agree. IMO, it will be a miracle if this little girl is still alive.

I haven't heard anything back from ND LE, so Im wondering if they followed up or what.

Excuse for a bump :)

The Minot Daily News: Search continues - - Minot Daily News

... officers and volunteers searched both Oak and Roosevelt parks. City workers started drawing water down in a dead loop of the Mouse River near Oak Park and also searched an area of the city landfill for possible evidence...

Walter said the pumping would continue all night. "We're going to draw the water down as far as we can. It will be sometime (today) before it's finished.''

Hanson said he requested the move because the Smith residence is located near the Oak Park loop...

(Landfill) - He did not say whether authorities had any tips that led them to the landfill; however there was a report that Cowen had been seen dumping a garbage bag into a dumpster last week.

Grand Forks Herald | 05/26/2006 | MINOT: Police check with experts as search continues for 3-year-old

Police say they have spoken with FBI behavioral scientists as well as psychics in their search for 3-year-old Reachelle Smith...

Hanson said he still hopes to find Reachelle alive.

"I'd be lying if I said we didn't think the possibility exists that she could be dead, because we're searching garbage dumps and rivers and such, but we want to cover all our bases," he said. "I still think there's a possibility that she's alive..."

Cowen's mother has been questioned several times in Kansas, Hanson said. "We have no reason to believe that she's involved," he said.

Ya know the ironic thing about that, is im wondering what the psychic told them, there have been a few cases in ohio and each time they checked landfills and a river. Maybe they need to consult a different psychic sounds like the same answers are given for all missing persons. I know its standard, but i just dont have the feeling shes dead.

I just hope this little girl is found safe. But if not, she is more safe than she ever has been. She has lots of friends to play with in heaven. I would list the taken children but, unfortunately there have been too many, that have been taken too soon and the list would be endless.

I hope that your feeling turns out to be right, Dex, and that Reachelle is still alive. I must admit - although I'm happy that they are trying anything and everything they can to find this little girl, I'm always a little worried when they start calling in psychics. It makes me wonder if they've reached an impasse in the investigation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back