The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found out something just today that I did not know and it would be crucial to this case but unfortunately I can't relate it here. I'm not trying to be deliberately coy about it but I just can say it.

I can't believe that this case is stuck in neutral with all of the information known. This case definitely needs an outside look with "fresh eyes."

I wasn't able to find direct information on Cox's history as a car salesman - but did find a couple of letters he wrote to the News-Leader regarding his whereabouts at the time of the disappearances. If I remember correctly, he first denied being in the area, but then changed his story - a couple of times. Seems he has a history of being charged with abducting people or holding them at gunpoint. He also has a history of getting caught, so perhaps not the best at planning - and this case definitely had some planning.

Seems it would have been fairly easy for LE to determine who, if anyone, Sherrill was dating at the time. She worked in an environment that is rich with swapping stories and for customers and co-workers to get to know you, who you're dating, hobbies. Seems like the salon owner or some of her fellow stylists would have known - unless Sherrill was keeping it a secret and what would motivate that?

Liz - thanks for the link on vidoq. I visited the homepage - you're right, it does seem that they require LE be the ones to submit a case. I wonder if Court TV or A&E has ever been contacted. Although, if they're smart, the producers are cruising these sleuthing communities for ideas on an ongoing basis. Also, I think they like to have closure to talk about and we've got none of that - yet.

BuddyMidwest said:
I wasn't able to find direct information on Cox's history as a car salesman - but did find a couple of letters he wrote to the News-Leader regarding his whereabouts at the time of the disappearances. If I remember correctly, he first denied being in the area, but then changed his story - a couple of times. Seems he has a history of being charged with abducting people or holding them at gunpoint. He also has a history of getting caught, so perhaps not the best at planning - and this case definitely had some planning.

Seems it would have been fairly easy for LE to determine who, if anyone, Sherrill was dating at the time. She worked in an environment that is rich with swapping stories and for customers and co-workers to get to know you, who you're dating, hobbies. Seems like the salon owner or some of her fellow stylists would have known - unless Sherrill was keeping it a secret and what would motivate that?

Liz - thanks for the link on vidoq. I visited the homepage - you're right, it does seem that they require LE be the ones to submit a case. I wonder if Court TV or A&E has ever been contacted. Although, if they're smart, the producers are cruising these sleuthing communities for ideas on an ongoing basis. Also, I think they like to have closure to talk about and we've got none of that - yet.
You're right about Cold Case Files on A&E..they usually do only solved cases. But I have seen at least 2 episodes that were not solved but they were submitted by LE from where ever the crime occurred and were aired only because they wanted help from the public. This would be a good case for Cold Case Files. Court TV has been running a show every once in a while hosted by Nancy Grace and I think it's called Court TV investigates. It's only a half hour show but it profiles either unsolved disappearances or unsolved murders. Dominick Dunne was on 1 or 2 of the episodes with her. They just had a segment on last week about a couple from Michigan who went missing on their boat. This case would be perfect for that show. There is also Greta van Susteren with her On the Record show on Fox, Dateline NBC and 48 Hours who could do segments on it. It's interesting enough and they just might get some leads from it, who knows? There are definitely some TV shows out there that could profile this and generate some much-needed attention to get this case heated up again!

Liz - I agree. I watch those all the time and I'm sure you do, too? They have cold cases that have gone for 20 years or more. They've got to get on this one, though as the more time passes, the more people forget, die, etc. It just seems that LE got caught up in one or two theories and when those didn't pan out, didn't have anywhere else to go.

Not that there was a lot to go on. It was so late at night and that house isn't that noticeable as it sits on the edge of that neighborhood. It's strange because some of the biggest, most beautiful historic homes are right next door. And a major street (Glenstone) just a couple of blocks the other direction. But I've noticed myself when I'm coming home late, traffic isn't heavy. And it's never what I'd call heavy in this neighborhood.

The 2 women had only lived there a couple of months - not really enough time for neighbors to know who was normal at your house and who wasn't. It's like Missouri Mule said - if we could just center in on motive. I don't believe it was random. But if it were related to the mother - someone she dated, drug involvement, etc. Her co-workers should have been loaded with information on either of those counts - unless they were afraid to talk. She was a hairdresser and it would seem impossible for them not to know something funny was going on.

If Suzie were the target, certainly one of her friends or someone from school would have noticed something. The puzzling thing is she wasn't supposed to be home that night. If someone planned well, they would know that. Unless it was someone whose path they crossed at one of the parties - or on the way home. Same for Stacy - she wasn't supposed to be there either - and the only people who would have known she was were at that last party - and it may not have been decided until they returned to her friend's house where they were supposed to stay. If so, only that small group of people would have known.

There was talk the 3 were seen at George's Restaurant just down the street from the house - something like 2 a.m. If that's the case, they may have crossed paths with someone there - but I don't think that was ever proven. However, it was supposedly one of Sherrill's favorite restaurants, so surely the servers would recognize her.

And it doesn't make sense that the abductors were already in the house when the girls returned - that they walked in on someone abducting the mother. It was stated it was obvious they had changed clothes, taken off jewelry, washed their faces to get ready for bed. They surely would have had to interact with the mother when they arrived - I don't think she expected them back that night either. They would have at least said, "we're home" or something, right?

I sometimes wonder if it is something more random - and that there's no good explanation as to why. Sometimes you just have to accept that, as planned as things may appear, the decision to target them may make absolutely no sense except in the convoluted mind of the abductors.

It certainly makes me pay attention to my surroundings when I'm coming in after dark or when someone knocks on the door unexectedly. It makes you realize it could happen to anyone.

BuddyMidwest said:
Liz - I agree. I watch those all the time and I'm sure you do, too? They have cold cases that have gone for 20 years or more. They've got to get on this one, though as the more time passes, the more people forget, die, etc. It just seems that LE got caught up in one or two theories and when those didn't pan out, didn't have anywhere else to go.

Not that there was a lot to go on. It was so late at night and that house isn't that noticeable as it sits on the edge of that neighborhood. It's strange because some of the biggest, most beautiful historic homes are right next door. And a major street (Glenstone) just a couple of blocks the other direction. But I've noticed myself when I'm coming home late, traffic isn't heavy. And it's never what I'd call heavy in this neighborhood.

The 2 women had only lived there a couple of months - not really enough time for neighbors to know who was normal at your house and who wasn't. It's like Missouri Mule said - if we could just center in on motive. I don't believe it was random. But if it were related to the mother - someone she dated, drug involvement, etc. Her co-workers should have been loaded with information on either of those counts - unless they were afraid to talk. She was a hairdresser and it would seem impossible for them not to know something funny was going on.

If Suzie were the target, certainly one of her friends or someone from school would have noticed something. The puzzling thing is she wasn't supposed to be home that night. If someone planned well, they would know that. Unless it was someone whose path they crossed at one of the parties - or on the way home. Same for Stacy - she wasn't supposed to be there either - and the only people who would have known she was were at that last party - and it may not have been decided until they returned to her friend's house where they were supposed to stay. If so, only that small group of people would have known.

There was talk the 3 were seen at George's Restaurant just down the street from the house - something like 2 a.m. If that's the case, they may have crossed paths with someone there - but I don't think that was ever proven. However, it was supposedly one of Sherrill's favorite restaurants, so surely the servers would recognize her.

And it doesn't make sense that the abductors were already in the house when the girls returned - that they walked in on someone abducting the mother. It was stated it was obvious they had changed clothes, taken off jewelry, washed their faces to get ready for bed. They surely would have had to interact with the mother when they arrived - I don't think she expected them back that night either. They would have at least said, "we're home" or something, right?

I sometimes wonder if it is something more random - and that there's no good explanation as to why. Sometimes you just have to accept that, as planned as things may appear, the decision to target them may make absolutely no sense except in the convoluted mind of the abductors.

It certainly makes me pay attention to my surroundings when I'm coming in after dark or when someone knocks on the door unexectedly. It makes you realize it could happen to anyone.
I think we can rule out the sighting at "George's Steak House." It really doesn't make too much sense and I think the police essentially ruled it out altogether although the waitress did seem credible.

The question be asked is how did the perpetrators get into the house. On that question I think we have to look to obvious and on that score I will just leave it there for speculation.

I agree completely that the (all) abductors were not at the residence when the young women arrived; although I think it is likely that one abductor was in the house with Sherill who she had let in. And I don't believe at that point that danger was evident. That came later in my judgment when the plan unfolded in the early morning hours.

And I do not believe this was in any way random. There was a plan and there was more than one person invoved. The house was scrubbed down which would have been far too much for one person to have taken care of everything. More likely 2,3 or even 4 people were involved. The ultimate question is what was the motive? Find the motive. Find the suspects and olve the crime.

Actually the "puzzling thing" about Suzie not being at home that night is not so puzzling at all if one reflects on it. That points directly at a coordinated plan. Let us all remember the immortal lines from Watergate -- "Follow the money."

Missouri Mule - you made me look at this in another way which does make logical sense. My puzzlement on Suzie - that she wasn't supposed to be home - did equate with a well coordinated plan. However, if they got to the house and not only Suzie, but also another friend were there unexpectedly - I'd call it off, right? However - the explanation to that is, it was already in progress, meaning at least one of the abductors was already in the house with Sherrill - and she obviously let them in. But nothing appeared to be wrong - at least at first. So the plan was already in motion - and to abort when the girls came in unexpectedly would have meant when it did come down later - the girls would have already seen at least one of the people involved. Two loose ends that had to be dealt with?

BuddyMidwest said:
Missouri Mule - you made me look at this in another way which does make logical sense. My puzzlement on Suzie - that she wasn't supposed to be home - did equate with a well coordinated plan. However, if they got to the house and not only Suzie, but also another friend were there unexpectedly - I'd call it off, right? However - the explanation to that is, it was already in progress, meaning at least one of the abductors was already in the house with Sherrill - and she obviously let them in. But nothing appeared to be wrong - at least at first. So the plan was already in motion - and to abort when the girls came in unexpectedly would have meant when it did come down later - the girls would have already seen at least one of the people involved. Two loose ends that had to be dealt with?
Yes, and I think we ought to look at all the facts that are known and unknown. Today I was looking at another site and it is the best I have seen thus far that goes into very precise detail what the facts truly are. This is the link and I think you will see what I am talking about. Very nicely done and understandable.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mccall_stacy.html

I invite everyone interested in this to read it and note that it references the other two women. There are some minor differences but this provides anyone wanting to know the vital aspects of this case would do well to read it.

If the parking garage results are positive, it will send shockwaves throughout the scientific community. Tim Gray's prototype instrument detected the anomaly at the parking garage last April. When I met him in person this past July 15th, he told me that his instrument picked up an electronic signal for ovaries. He told me that he believes the remains are encapsulated and that he was in shock when his instrument picked up that signal. Tim also told me that he wants to use his instrument to search for Natalee Holloway. Tim said if Natalee's remains are on the island, his instrument can find her in a matter of hours. Tim's instrument is based on Nicola Tesla's research and it can detect anything at the subatomic level. Nothing can be hidden from it. Tim did scan the PFI store and the farm in Cassville and the results were negative. I wrote Robert Cox this past summer about the parking garage lead. Surprisingly, he stopped corresponding with me. At the risk of stating the obvious; if Stacy, Sherrill, and Suzie are buried underneath the parking garage, Tim Gray will make history.

Ken said:
If the parking garage results are positive, it will send shockwaves throughout the scientific community. Tim Gray's prototype instrument detected the anomaly at the parking garage last April. When I met him in person this past July 15th, he told me that his instrument picked up an electronic signal for ovaries. He told me that he believes the remains are encapsulated and that he was in shock when his instrument picked up that signal. Tim also told me that he wants to use his instrument to search for Natalee Holloway. Tim said if Natalee's remains are on the island, his instrument can find her in a matter of hours. Tim's instrument is based on Nicola Tesla's research and it can detect anything at the subatomic level. Nothing can be hidden from it. Tim did scan the PFI store and the farm in Cassville and the results were negative. I wrote Robert Cox this past summer about the parking garage lead. Surprisingly, he stopped corresponding with me. At the risk of stating the obvious; if Stacy, Sherrill, and Suzie are buried underneath the parking garage, Tim Gray will make history.
I have to tell you that I think this parking lot business is going nowhere. I can't believe that any instrument is capable of picking up properties of human remains of over 14 years ago. Where is the scientific evidence that such an instrument even works as advertised? It ought to be possible to show how it is supposedly capable of doing what is claimed. Do you have any links to such scientific tests so we can review their efficacy?

I'm sorry, but at this point I just don't believe this is worth considering. We have to follow the evidence and develop some reasonable hypotheses that comport with those facts.

I am convinced almost to a certainty that if we establish the motive(s) we shall have a very good idea of what happened that June night. And I also believe that establishing those motive(s) will logically lead to the perpertrator(s) and hopefully their indictment and conviction for this terrible crime.

Missouri Mule said:
Where is the scientific evidence that such an instrument even works as advertised? It ought to be possible to show how it is supposedly capable of doing what is claimed.
We brought in our GPR expert and he performed a second independent scan to verify Tim's findings. The second scan was recorded on videotape. Our GPR expert said on camera the results of the scan were indicative of old graves. The evidence that confirms the accuracy of Tim's instrument is the recorded second scan. Our GPR expert has been called on to assist in projects worldwide ranging from modifications to the Panama Canal, the raising of the "Kirsk" submarine, locating burial sites, locating and mapping of buried utilities and structures, to nuclear power plant decommissioning. Our GPR expert is an expert worldwide. Again, there is alot going on behind the scenes that I can't talk about. This lead IS being taken seriously and it IS being followed up on. Even though the wheels of justice have turned slowly, we are expecting great news very soon.

Well, I am not sure how much this comment will add to the discussion... but for those of you outside this area, it may help. I am from Joplin, and can remember as a younger child going to the COX NICU for twelve plus weeks to see my little brother until he was able to come home. That was late 1991 - about six months before the murders. That area wasn't nearly as developed then as it is now - lots of open areas back then it seems. Now, as an adult, when I went there I was shocked at the changes that were made in the area.

pedinurse said:
Well, I am not sure how much this comment will add to the discussion... but for those of you outside this area, it may help. I am from Joplin, and can remember as a younger child going to the COX NICU for twelve plus weeks to see my little brother until he was able to come home. That was late 1991 - about six months before the murders. That area wasn't nearly as developed then as it is now - lots of open areas back then it seems. Now, as an adult, when I went there I was shocked at the changes that were made in the area.
I lived in Springfield 26 years and during the time of the murders. And it is true that there have been many, many changes there in the area in question. I would ask why the bodies would be buried there and what led to those bodies. When I lived in Springfield there were always stories that indicated something was imminent and nothing ever materialized from any of those "breakthroughs." It was always the same.

If we can work from the presumption that somebody didn't just drive off I44 and decide to abduct and murder at random three women for the sheer heck of it, what are some of the likely motives that would make sense in view of the known facts. I think that should always have been the way this investigation should have developed instead of waiting, waiting, waiting, for someone to produce that "tip" that would break the case.

In my opinion the likely perpetrator(s) were always identifiable. But to hear the police tell it they don't have a clue about anything. What are they good for? If they don't have any clues or hypotheses I conclude they are afflicted with mass stupidity.

Ken said:
We brought in our GPR expert and he performed a second independent scan to verify Tim's findings. The second scan was recorded on videotape. Our GPR expert said on camera the results of the scan were indicative of old graves. The evidence that confirms the accuracy of Tim's instrument is the recorded second scan. Our GPR expert has been called on to assist in projects worldwide ranging from modifications to the Panama Canal, the raising of the "Kirsk" submarine, locating burial sites, locating and mapping of buried utilities and structures, to nuclear power plant decommissioning. Our GPR expert is an expert worldwide. Again, there is alot going on behind the scenes that I can't talk about. This lead IS being taken seriously and it IS being followed up on. Even though the wheels of justice have turned slowly, we are expecting great news very soon.
What makes you believe that it is being taken seriously? If we were to believe the police they always took this crime seriously, but where is the evidence they ever did? The light at the end of the tunnel is at hand but the tunnel just keeps moving and the goal posts moved. I've from Missouri. I'll have to see it to believe it.

I can tell you for a certain fact that when I called in the sighting of a van in the fall of 1992 that was identical (except for color) to the one that was shown in front of the police department that my job was threatened. That's right. Threatened for reporting the vehicle. Does this sound like they are serious? Not in my book it doesn't. They don't want information or they wouldn't respond in this irresponsible way. In my opinion it is the police department that needs to be investigated.

But good luck. I hope you're right and I'm wrong. But I won't hold my breath.

I went back to the Springfield News-Leader and read every article again. Here is the link with all the articles.

http://springfield.news-leader.com/specialreports/threemissingwomen/families060902.html

Also, I agree that the website for missing persons, Charley Project, has the best detailed description of the 3 missing women and what happened that night. The lady who runs Charley Project posts on here often.

One of the things I keep going back to is someone mentioning that Robert Cox possibly worked with Stacy McCall's father. I wish there was some way to verify that. I never thought Stacy was the intended target. I thought it was either someone Sherrill Levitt was dating or possibly someone Suzie Streeter was mixed up with and that Stacy was in the wrong place at the wrong time. But then if Stacy McCall was the target, it would make more sense for someone to get her when she was alone. So I'm kind of torn on that one, but just the fact that Robert Cox might have worked with Stuart McCall could mean something. Also, I thought maybe someone followed Stacy and Suzie back to Suzie's house and waited for a while because it sounds like they had washed their faces and changed their clothes and everyone was in bed before the abduction. But I don't think anyone followed them there because it sounded like whatever happened was planned out well in advance. It was even mentioned in one of the articles that Sherrill's dog, Cinnamon was outside and someone possibly used the dog as an excuse to gain entry to the house.

The other thing that puzzles me is one of the articles that mentioned the green van. It says that a woman was sitting on her porch watching the sunrise on the morning of June 7, when a similarly described green van pulled into the driveway of the house next door. A blonde who looked like Suzie, and who looked frightened, was driving and some guy got out and went to the porch of that house. The lady heard him to say "don't do anything stupid" to the blonde who was driving. The lady didn't realize until several days afterwards that the blonde looked like Suzie and the van was the one police were looking for. She didn't call authorities right away because she was afraid...and by the time she did, it sounded like the police dismissed it as a meaningless lead. Why did the van stop at that house? Did the perps live there?? Did they know someone who lived there? Did the police talk to anyone who lived in that house? Or was nothing ever followed up on this because the police considered the lead to mean nothing? Another possible lead with the van sounded suspicious too when a guy who saw it in a parking lot, wrote down the license and then decided to throw it away because he decided it didn't mean anything???

In the letters Robert Cox wrote he mentioned 2 other names. One was Dennis Graves and the other was someone named Steve. He mentioned Steve's name when he wondered if Steve had been interrogated like he had. Who are these 2 other people? Were the names Dennis Graves or "Steve" ever connected to this case as possible suspects?? Cox mentioned other names in his letters but they were all LE people or members of the news media. I believe those other 2 names mentioned could have been possible suspects.

Forgive me for just thinking out loud and not really saying anything worthwhile about this but the whole thing makes absolutely no sense. It's got coverup written all over it but it still seems like it could be solved. In one of the articles, it says 48 Hours did a story about it in September 1992. I think it's time they or Dateline NBC or Court TVs Under Investigation or SOMEONE does an updated story on this.

liz325 said:
I went back to the Springfield News-Leader and read every article again. Here is the link with all the articles.

http://springfield.news-leader.com/specialreports/threemissingwomen/families060902.html

Also, I agree that the website for missing persons, Charley Project, has the best detailed description of the 3 missing women and what happened that night. The lady who runs Charley Project posts on here often.

One of the things I keep going back to is someone mentioning that Robert Cox possibly worked with Stacy McCall's father. I wish there was some way to verify that. I never thought Stacy was the intended target. I thought it was either someone Sherrill Levitt was dating or possibly someone Suzie Streeter was mixed up with and that Stacy was in the wrong place at the wrong time. But then if Stacy McCall was the target, it would make more sense for someone to get her when she was alone. So I'm kind of torn on that one, but just the fact that Robert Cox might have worked with Stuart McCall could mean something. Also, I thought maybe someone followed Stacy and Suzie back to Suzie's house and waited for a while because it sounds like they had washed their faces and changed their clothes and everyone was in bed before the abduction. But I don't think anyone followed them there because it sounded like whatever happened was planned out well in advance. It was even mentioned in one of the articles that Sherrill's dog, Cinnamon was outside and someone possibly used the dog as an excuse to gain entry to the house.

The other thing that puzzles me is one of the articles that mentioned the green van. It says that a woman was sitting on her porch watching the sunrise on the morning of June 7, when a similarly described green van pulled into the driveway of the house next door. A blonde who looked like Suzie, and who looked frightened, was driving and some guy got out and went to the porch of that house. The lady heard him to say "don't do anything stupid" to the blonde who was driving. The lady didn't realize until several days afterwards that the blonde looked like Suzie and the van was the one police were looking for. She didn't call authorities right away because she was afraid...and by the time she did, it sounded like the police dismissed it as a meaningless lead. Why did the van stop at that house? Did the perps live there?? Did they know someone who lived there? Did the police talk to anyone who lived in that house? Or was nothing ever followed up on this because the police considered the lead to mean nothing? Another possible lead with the van sounded suspicious too when a guy who saw it in a parking lot, wrote down the license and then decided to throw it away because he decided it didn't mean anything???

In the letters Robert Cox wrote he mentioned 2 other names. One was Dennis Graves and the other was someone named Steve. He mentioned Steve's name when he wondered if Steve had been interrogated like he had. Who are these 2 other people? Were the names Dennis Graves or "Steve" ever connected to this case as possible suspects?? Cox mentioned other names in his letters but they were all LE people or members of the news media. I believe those other 2 names mentioned could have been possible suspects.

Forgive me for just thinking out loud and not really saying anything worthwhile about this but the whole thing makes absolutely no sense. It's got coverup written all over it but it still seems like it could be solved. In one of the articles, it says 48 Hours did a story about it in September 1992. I think it's time they or Dateline NBC or Court TVs Under Investigation or SOMEONE does an updated story on this.
Dennis Graves was the KY3 reporter. "Steve" might have been "Steve Grant" of the same station. They are not suspects.

You are, however, asking the right questions. The "48 Hours" piece was well done and absolutely captivating. That's what got me wrapped up in the case. I was away on vacation during the abduction and frankly did not pay that much attention to it until the "48 Hours" piece aired. After that I reviewed every news article (there must have been literally dozens) from the beginning to the end and back to know the case down cold. I was naturally interested in that my occupation was investigation although not directly in law enforcement. I couldn't understand how they could not move on the case. Later on it was also on "America's Most Wanted" some months later. There was supposed to be someone who had called in from Florida who was cut off with vital information but never called back.

Hint: Go to "Google" and do some research and see what you find. You might find it interesting. And it's recent.

My question is why the police are not doing this work required instead of waiting for the suspect(s) to walk in the door and confess.

As an aside, one of the police who did the initial search and seen on the "48 hours" program came to work for the agency I was employed. I pumped him for information and he didn't know anymore than I did. Another employee worked at the local sheriff's office and he said to forget about it that the case would never be solved. And he was one of the best investigators I had ever seen. He could find a needle in a haystack but he held out no hope for this case.

The one person I would most dearly love to talk to about this case is one of the original detectives who worked the case. Sergeant Mark Webb; later promoted to Lieutenant Webb as recently as 2002. I've always had a high opinion of him for some reason. But he was not the lead detective in the early going. The current police chief came in after the case was in progress but he couldn't break the logjam either. And there was some problems with the police union as well if I recall correctly although I don't think it had any relevance to this case as to its being unsolved.

As I said from my first post, the only thing that will ever resolve this case is if the citizens of Springfield rise up in righteous indignation and demand some answers. And the case should be given over to an outside retired detective or detectives to review in its entirety. I do know that this is the most expensive investigation in Springfield's history. Springfield's greater metropolitan area is about 250,000 people just for your info.

QUOTE:
[Hint: Go to "Google" and do some research and see what you find. You might find it interesting. And it's recent]

I can't find anything more recent than 2004 when I Google their names. I also Googled missing 3 women from Springfield and Springfield Police Department. But I still can't find anything recent.

I forgot to mention one other thing I read. Weren't there 2 construction workers or 2 guys who laid concrete who were questioned about the disappearance? I think I read on another post here that the parking garage for a cancer center near the home on Delmar was being built around the time of the disappearances, so maybe if there were some guys working construction near the home who had seen them...???

liz325 said:
QUOTE:
[Hint: Go to "Google" and do some research and see what you find. You might find it interesting. And it's recent]

I can't find anything more recent than 2004 when I Google their names. I also Googled missing 3 women from Springfield and Springfield Police Department. But I still can't find anything recent.

I forgot to mention one other thing I read. Weren't there 2 construction workers or 2 guys who laid concrete who were questioned about the disappearance? I think I read on another post here that the parking garage for a cancer center near the home on Delmar was being built around the time of the disappearances, so maybe if there were some guys working construction near the home who had seen them...???
I'm sorrry. I wasn't clear. Not the women themselves but some of the other principles named in the case. One in particular. Try to key on the possible motive. Clearly, one motive is particularly striking and has never been publically discussed by the police department. In all crimes there is the motive, the means and the opportunity. Who or what people might have met those criteria?

Missouri Mule said:
I'm sorrry. I wasn't clear. Not the women themselves but some of the other principles named in the case. One in particular. Try to key on the possible motive. Clearly, one motive is particularly striking and has never been publically discussed by the police department. In all crimes there is the motive, the means and the opportunity. Who or what people might have met those criteria?
Well, I'll have to take some time with this...it's really got me stymied but I'm going to go over everything again this weekend. I am clearly missing something and it's probably right in front of me.

The question that comes to my mind is: who had Sherrill and Suzanne declared dead 5 years after they disappeared? And why? The point of having someone declared dead is usually to settle some estate business or claim some property like insurance.

I tried googling the individuals listed in the Charley Project article, but only turned up a recent law suit in Florida. I couldn't get into Lexis-Nexis tonight so that is as far as I got.

pittsburghgirl said:
The question that comes to my mind is: who had Sherrill and Suzanne declared dead 5 years after they disappeared? And why? The point of having someone declared dead is usually to settle some estate business or claim some property like insurance.

I tried googling the individuals listed in the Charley Project article, but only turned up a recent law suit in Florida. I couldn't get into Lexis-Nexis tonight so that is as far as I got.
There is that and one other recent item.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86