OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is quite a mystery. There are a number of "misadventures" that could befall a family out in a remote area looking at property. They could get lost on a 40 acre parcell and concievibly die of exposure before they found their way out. If it was rainy and they got wet and it was windy and cold that night (under 50 degrees), they could easily died of exposure at night. There seems to be lots of roads or "tracks" that would lead them to some "civilization" in a days' walk but they could have been hurt or weakened. If one of them got seriously hurt and they decided to "stick together" rather than have one seek help, it is possible they are all dead of exposure while hunkered down somewhere they may never be found.

There are plenty reasons fellow humans might have killed them other than robbery, if they were just innocently looking at land.

The big THING that makes us suspect there is more to this is the Money. I heard the number $41,000 tossed around and I must assume that "substantial" means more than the several thousand a hard core "cash only" man might carry. There is something very "hinkey" about someone "just happening" to get lost in the woods the same day they "just happened" to be carrying a "substantial amount" of cash.

I'm sure LE has attempted to locate the source of that cash. Cash transactions of over $10,000 must be reported and I am sure the families finacial records have been checked. If there is no explaination for the money, then the obvious conclusion is that they were up to something illegal. If they had a business, this could represent "cash skimming", ie tax avoidance on otherwise legally obtained money. If they had no legitamate business then you have to assume something more sinister is involved. So far, I have not learned that the father had any job or other source of income. I wonder if the cash has something to do with the "trouble" he had with his father?

I sort of suspect that once the source of the money is discovered, it will all start to make sense.

What are plenty of reasons humans would kill them and leave the money there? If someone is capable of killing another human, they sure would be able to take the money too. Unless it was personal or a thrill kill.

It was said both parents were on disability. I would assume that means they both got SSD. Now if you get SSD, you can only have a certain amount of money in the bank (i think around $2500) before the govt will take it.
That may be the reason he was a "cash man" and probably didn't keep most their money in a bank. It doesn't have to necessarily do with anything illegal. That he had $40,000 {or any substantial sum} on his person is odd to me. I certainly hope they weren't meeting anyone for a cash deal. If he is a paranoid person and was afraid to leave money at home, maybe he brought it with them. It would also explain the security system with cameras in the home. Both on SSD, can't keep all the money in the bank, likely they were keeping a lot at home.

I'm curious to find out info about the man that lived with them who LE is looking to question.

Ok, wow that took me a while to get caught up. I have a few different thoughts here. I do not think that a dog could live over a week without water. So the day that they went missing was a long weekend for most of us. (Columbus Day 10/12) So I am wondering if they didn't go away for the long weekend and weren't truely missing till later in the week. I am trying not to speculate on the $$. We do not know an amount, so who knows what "substancial" is, and I agree that NO ONE ever brings cash when they go looking at property. You would meet at a closing agent with the $$, not at the site. IMO. I looked at the picture of the truck, it appears to be at least a 1998 or older, the 1999 GMC's had a body style chage and the headlights are more rounded than the 1998s square. I looked it up on Kelly Blue Book and rough estimate with out knowing more, I put the value around $5000. In case that helps. I dont think of someone who is "wealthy" buying an 1998 Pick up. Do we know if both properties were listed with the same realestate broker? I dont think they would have wonderd off too far, dad has a bad back and they are toting around a small child.

To those that have less money than them, they may be considered "wealthy"; just as they may be considered "poor' by those that have more money. I guess its just the angle of who views it..

Someone at Topix reported that the mystery has been solved, and that it was very sad. I find nothing in checking google news. Next, I'll try Tulsa. Ok, I've checked Tulsa, Oklahoma City, and Google, and find nothing to substantiate that poster's claim. Still waiting for answers here.

Eager to know what you find out, justthinkin...

Applause to everyone posting. I'm still trying to decide on a Top Three Theories response.

It said in one article the Madyson attended kindergarten
http://newsok.com/mud-slows-hunt-for-missing-three-in-southeast-oklahoma/article/3411584

"Victor Salcedo, principal of Eufaula Elementary School, said Madyson is a kindergarten student there."

The family owned a few timeshares? How many different ones did they own and where? If they lived in a few different places i would think it would be hard for Madyson to attend school, unless they just lived at timeshares during summers or holidays.
Anyhow how many timeshares did they own? Where were they located? Any problems with any people near their other timeshares?

As for the search being called off, the Sheriff probably figures since hunting season starting a lot of people will be in those woods and report any findings. It's discouraging, however i really don't think they are in those woods. I don't want to see this story fade away until we have an outcome!

I agree with the moving their truck theory and or also possibly them being abducted at gunpoint and put into another vehicle.

They don't seem to be beginners at buying properties. I would think they would know that the terrain is harsh where they were looking, so i doubt any hiking around went on. Dad has a bad back and even if he was on opiates, hiking could be harsh, especially with a small child in that terrain. It'll be interesting to find out what LE has to ask the man who used to live with them. If he lived with them, then he'd know their daily routines, what and where they did with their money.

If Bobby Dale had a home security system with cameras installed since he was afraid of retaliation by his father, or something else? It does show that he has a aware (i don't want to say paranoid) an alert personality type. So whoever got them took them by surprise, i would think if he thought for a minute someone was following them, there would have been some signs of trouble.
Someone they knew
or
someone they were expecting to meet up with..

Okay, I'm using Occam's Razor here--attempting to account for the largest amount of what we know in the easiest way possible, but without taking into consideration the wealth of details which may or may not be important.
Top Three Possibilities:
1.) They voluntarily disappeared---from their vehicle, and from the area.
2.) They voluntarily left their vehicle, and were overcome by an act of nature---
injury, illness, or some natural catastrophe---which prohibited them from returning
to their vehicle.
3.) They voluntarily left their vehicle, but encountered a force or forces---involving
another person, or people---which then prohibited them from returning to their
vehicle.

So the last time they used there phone was Oct 8th and the truck was brought to LE attention on Oct 17th. That is 9 days ! And no one from the family had any concern.
I wonder who was their last phone call, and what did they say ? This is just plain odd...

I wish we could get a family member on here to answer some of our question's.

I wonder if LE has found the man that stayed with them over the summer yet and what their interest in him is, if anything.

I can not see this family wandering off in this area and not being found by cadaver dogs. They brought dogs in right away.
I only hope they searched the other property in question as well. At this point you could only hope that a hunter might come across them, and hopefully they have been passing out fliers to the hunters.
I just do not think they are anywhere around there, I think they were taken. There is absolutley no evidence to support they were killed there where the truck was found there would be something ! Even after 9 days !
I have heard no mention of the LE talking to 2 property owners only 1 who owned 40 acres up there....

Bobby Dale Jamison filed a civil lawsuit in Oklahoma County against his father, Bobby Dean Jamison, earlier this year in a dispute over ownership of a gas station in Oklahoma City. In the lawsuit, which is still pending, Bobby Dale Jamison alleges his father threatened his family.

The father denied those claims in a legal filing. Neither he nor his attorney immediately returned phone calls to the AP for comment Friday.

Beauchamp said he's interviewed the father and doesn't believe the court dispute has anything to do with the family's disappearance.

"Nothing is leading us in that direction," the sheriff said. "But at this time, we're leaving everything open

[http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=12&articleid=20091030_12_0_REDOAK446335 [/B]

Well I would think the lawsuit and restraining order and the fact Bobby said "dad" threatened the family would lead them in that direction to investigate further.
How could that not point you that way ? Just because they supposedly disappeared off the mountain.
They need to go over the father with a fine tooth comb until they are certain he is not involved at all.

JMHO.....

I'm thinking the video security could have been because they were receiving threats from grandpa leading to the protective order.

I am thinking there was a lot going on with this family that only they knew.

I can't shake the idea that perhaps they were in fact looking at the land they wanted to purchase, and as another very insightful poster had wondered....if they got into another persons car to go see the land or be taken to a different land sight?

She has a son. I'm not sure why he hasn't been mentioned. I believe he either is, or almost is a teenager. I don't know anything about the guy that stayed with them. Sherrilyn told me she lost a sister a few years ago. She was stung by a wasp and died from an allergic reaction. She had a very rough time with that.

It's been a while since I've talked with Sherrilyn. She had moved her mother to Eufaula because the dad/stepdad was running through their retirement savings rather quickly. She mentioned he was suffering from dementia, senility or alzheimers, she wasn't sure exactly what was going on with him.

I don't know if the son is hers, his, or both.

I wonder if Sherrilyn having a son was ever confirmed. If it's true, then it's even stranger that there were no missing persons reports and that the story hasn't gotten more press, isn't it?

So the last time they used there phone was Oct 8th and the truck was brought to LE attention on Oct 17th. That is 9 days ! And no one from the family had any concern.
I wonder who was their last phone call, and what did they say ? This is just plain odd...

There was some mention by previous posters that the family (or rather the truck) was seen there by a hunter on both the 8th and the 9th, 2 different days in a row. Can someone iron out my confusion about this?
So if the last day they used their phone, that was the first day the hunter seen the abandoned truck with their items and pup in it. Something happened to them on the 8th!

I really hope LE got the phone records, as well..

I wish more people were interested in this case, i'm surprised there's not that many posting on here, after all, a 6 year old little girl is missing with them. I'm glad ya'll post who do.

I wonder if Sherrilyn having a son was ever confirmed. If it's true, then it's even stranger that there were no missing persons reports and that the story hasn't gotten more press, isn't it?

It's strange. It leads me to ask if he is from a prior relationship and possibly the father has custody of the boy. You'd think even an ex who shared a child with her would want to outcry to the public to find them..

Someone at Topix reported that the mystery has been solved, and that it was very sad. I find nothing in checking google news. Next, I'll try Tulsa. Ok, I've checked Tulsa, Oklahoma City, and Google, and find nothing to substantiate that poster's claim. Still waiting for answers here.

A lot of comments and poster on Topix will say anything. The only real information to believe, is if it is from LE or another good source. Commentors on Topix, well i've seen them say everything from a string of curse words, to straight out made up stories.

There was some mention by previous posters that the family (or rather the truck) was seen there by a hunter on both the 8th and the 9th, 2 different days in a row. Can someone iron out my confusion about this?
So if the last day they used their phone, that was the first day the hunter seen the abandoned truck with their items and pup in it. Something happened to them on the 8th!

I really hope LE got the phone records, as well..

I wish more people were interested in this case, i'm surprised there's not that many posting on here, after all, a 6 year old little girl is missing with them. I'm glad ya'll post who do.

My recollection from an early article is that hunters spoke with the Jamisons the evening of the 8th., then again in the morning of the 9th.

I wonder if those hunters are being investigated. As I said in an earlier post about the conversations, the Jamisons had no camping gear that we know of so this isn't adding up for me.

My recollection from an early article is that hunters spoke with the Jamisons the evening of the 8th., then again in the morning of the 9th.

I wonder if those hunters are being investigated. As I said in an earlier post about the conversations, the Jamisons had no camping gear that we know of so this isn't adding up for me.

I really hope the hunters are being investigated as well, especially if the ones who may have talked to the Jamisons are the same who reported the truck still being there. In making small talk, the Jamisons may have mentioned they were looking at land. If it was the same hunters that kept seeing the truck there, that should have been a huge red flag for them to report it way before they did! Hunters also would have known they weren't camping. No gear in the back of that pick up.

Bumping for this family, i don't want them to go forgotton..
There's got to be some break of new news, i hope LE can reach the man who used to live with them, something.

:praying::(

There's no other pictures of little Madyson they can put out? Maybe one of her smiling. She does look scared in the one we all seen, it tugs at my heartstrings..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain