Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 3 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
if it is her...charges should come soon...they'll have her body, the receipt, hopefully blood, and maybe the tarp...they may know already it is her...but we'll have to wait...
Wow-

And this comes on the heels of LE saying they were searching an area but wouldn't release where. Maybe they got tipped off to this area...? Did it say who discovered the remains?

It's 58 miles from Driftwood Drive to US 127. I think this is going to be her.

I have a feeling it is too. I hope the husband was stupid enough to leave good evidence behind! The only thing that puzzles me is that he bought a shovel so one would think he dug a deep grave. I'm wondering if they found the body through conducting a search or if someone just stumbled across it. I wouldn't think the husband would just leave her body laying in the bushes somewhere!

I wonder why the delay? With all the evidence against him that has been reported.....why hasn't he been arrested?

I think in order to arrest him at a minimum they would need the following:

1) Establish that a crime has indeed been committed. At the moment she is a missing person, who might have been abducted and might be dead. Or might just have taken off. I doubt that the MI criminal code allows for charging people with crimes that *might* have happened. There were no witnesses to say that they saw her being abducted and there is no blood significant enough to suggest that she is seriously injured or dead. This is the reason why the MSP is focussed on finding her, because without that there will be no case.

2) Place him at or near the scene. This is why the alibi is important. If it i still solid then they won't be able to place him at the scene. There is the receipt, but at best that might place him in Ohio the day before. The problem with the reciept is that the truck wasn't in his posession when it was found, so it could be argued that some unknown person placed it there. To be usable the reciept would require corroboration. his alibi turning out to be bogus would be one way, perhaps video at the Malmart would be another. It would be usefull if we knew exactly what his alibi was, but we don't.

If the MSP can't get those two things I don't think they will be charging him.

I just hope Venus' parents haven't been called by media, like poor Phoung Le's family last week, before LE can tell them a body has been found...that was handled badly IMO...LE thinks they will have more time before media finds out but it just isn't true anymore...
Story did not say who discovered body...did not sound as though it was discovered during a search, to me...

I just hope Venus' parents haven't been called by media, like poor Phoung Le's family last week, before LE can tell them a body has been found...that was handled badly IMO...LE thinks they will have more time before media finds out but it just isn't true anymore...
Story did not say who discovered body...did not sound as though it was discovered during a search, to me...

Because there is so little information, there is a chance the information was learned from someone monitoring a police scanner then reporting it to the media who then contacted law enforcement to ask if a body had been found who then confirmed it but declined to release any more information.

I dont know if this body will be Venus or not, I am hoping that Doug's GPS is showing them the way ....

That description does make it sound as though the body they found has been there longer than two weeks...

Unless he buried her on the side of the road, it sound more like the constuction workers found someone who had been there for a while, if found while "digging".

Her poor girls, Im sure they ask about their mom often. I have a daughter their age and I cant even imagine. Prayers for Venus's family.

Can the GPS also show each time the car stopped or just the general path it took?

DS is either the dumbest murderer to walk the face of the planet, or he is being framed. This evidence is TOO perfect in pointing to him. I expect if they do find her body, (and I've seen nothing to indicate she was even injured) they will find his driver's license or something on the scene. I think since they seized his tickets to Busch Gardens, that was his alibi. They have said his alibi is solid, so he did not do this. So lets say he lent a hired hand his truck to do this deed-wouldn't he have looked it over and said, "I need to get rid of this horribly incriminating receipt and wipe off this blood"? The blood in both vehicles IMO is overkill. This has left a funny taste in my mouth since day 1.

construction workers were digging on the east side of U.S. 127 about 1:30 p.m. when they discovered a portion of a skull and other bones.
This doesn't sound like two weeks to me. The spot is close enough to the interstate to be someone from anywhere. :cow:

That description does make it sound as though the body they found has been there longer than two weeks...

These reporters...Well don't they know they are driving us crazy? :banghead:

DS is either the dumbest murderer to walk the face of the planet, or he is being framed. This evidence is TOO perfect in pointing to him. I expect if they do find her body, (and I've seen nothing to indicate she was even injured) they will find his driver's license or something on the scene. I think since they seized his tickets to Busch Gardens, that was his alibi. They have said his alibi is solid, so he did not do this. So lets say he lent a hired hand his truck to do this deed-wouldn't he have looked it over and said, "I need to get rid of this horribly incriminating receipt and wipe off this blood"? The blood in both vehicles IMO is overkill. This has left a funny taste in my mouth since day 1.

I thought about that to. Is he being framed??? He can't be that stupid...

Well I hope LE has this person on video at Walmart....

no, i think he is that stupid, careless or arrogant or all three...who else would have motive to harm Venus? Who would harm her just to get him in trouble? It does seem almost like there is TOO much pointing at him in this case, but it happens...let's just hope that all the evidence is carefully obtained, no chain of custody issues, etc...no improper searches, nothing that can be challenged and just lock this guy up for good...(assuming DS is guilty and I will be beyond shocked if he is not...)

I thought about that to. Is he being framed??? He can't be that stupid...

Well I hope LE has this person on video at Walmart....

They should have the video by now. And I don't think that someone who'd majored in biology with a chemistry minor and was a decorated marine could be that stupid.

Hudson is 37 miles from a Walmart in Holland, Oh. That Walmart is within 2 hours of Colon.
didn't they say the receipt was from a place within two hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni