CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, while we are waiting for updates-let's talk about the Angeles National Forest...I see Placentia is to the South of it and Running Springs is to the East of it. We need to make this timeline work...we believe we are working with a time frame of after 10AM to 2:40PM. There have been receipts produced that indicate purchases at 3:04PM and a return to the house by 3:30PM because the housekeeper/cleaner was waiting on the porch.

I have seen a few comments regarding paper plates and Rite Aid....we almost need to do two possibilities because I do not know for sure that there have been receipts or other documentation of the paper plate trip? If there was a paper plate trip then SIL was in the area of Placentia I would think for most of the time we are discussing. If not we have a wider location to work with....

We know the SIL stopped at a CVS at one point on July 27, 2009. He bought soda and paper plates. We don't know the time or which CVS SIL stopped at.

He could have stopped at the CVS on his way to Mr. Harrod's or shortly after leaving Mr. Harrod's which I believe from the original statements was around 11 or 12 noon.

Daughter J states her father disappears around noon or 1 pm.

Reporter: “J says her husband was with her dad, at his home yesterday. He went to the hardware store alone. When he came back…”

J: “My dad was gone.”

Reporter: “What time?”

J: “We’re thinking maybe 1, noon?”

http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/watch/...9354&src=front
__________________________________________________ _______

~11:00AM-12:00? – Daughter PB says she called her father and heard her BIL say he was going to the hardware store, and her father “responded in a favorable way.” ( IS post and since removed )

July 28, 2009~~ Daughter J posted on ROTW at 1:50 pm and says that her father has been missing for about 28 hours. That would put the time of Mr. Harrod's disappearance at about 10:00 am on July 27, 2009.

http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/166/53721?page=0

Robert’s son-in-law told cops that in the late morning on July 27, 2009, he had left Robert to run errands at the hardware store, and when he returned, Robert was gone.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=67544

Robert Harrod was last seen at his residence on July 27, 2009 at 11:00 A.M. in the city of Placentia. When a family member returned to the house at approximately 1:00 P.M., Harrod was gone.

http://placentia.org/DocumentView.aspx?DID=102

Harrod was last seen at his residence in the 500 block of Carnation Drive Placentia, California sometime between 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. on July 27, 2009. His son-in-law went to the store and when he returned at 1:00 p.m., he found the front door locked, the housekeeper waiting on the porch, and Harrod missing.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...od_robert.html

"He was at home and seemed in good spirits when I last spoke to him somewhere between 11 a.m. - 12pm. His son-in-law was there doing odd jobs as Dads new wife was returning from Missouri on Wed. 7/29/09. Heard son-in-law say he was going to the hardware store. When he returned the housekeeper was waiting outside and Dad was gone."

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2706/0

Does anyone know if these calls to Bob from his daughters were from cell phones or land lines?

The more I read 'sometime between -x and y- time' I'm asking myself, didn't anyone check their log of outgoing calls? All one has to do with a cell phone is to look at their own phone to see when and to whom they made outgoing calls. On a land line, all one has to do is call their phone provider and ask for a log of calls. It's not rocket science. :banghead:

ay yi yi

Does anyone know if these calls to Bob from his daughters were from cell phones or land lines?

The more I read 'sometime between -x and y- time' I'm asking myself, didn't anyone check their log of outgoing calls? All one has to do with a cell phone is to look at their own phone to see when and to whom they made outgoing calls. On a land line, all one has to do is call their phone provider and ask for a log of calls. It's not rocket science. :banghead:

ay yi yi

Don't know. Daughter R posted about her July 27 phone call on IS:

"LE has looked at D's phone records - know because they did not know which phone call was mine, because I came up as private."

"Times vary as I could not tell you the exact time that I called Dad, I gave an approximate of sometime between 11 and 12 and found later it was probably after 11:30 a.m."

OK, CVS not Rite Aid...oops sorry!!!

For lack of a better angle at this moment, IF SIL did move Bob somewhere, could he have made it to the forest and left him there and returned to the house...only to find housekeeper waiting? I think so.

OR, was Bob incapacitated at the house or inside the garage, SIL comes back from his puttering to find housekeeper and then has to sweat out her presence until she leaves and he can finish up?

We are posting so far from the outside-I know someone asked about this earlier but I wonder what proof there was that SIL arrived home or left Bob's home when he said he did?

I feel terrible in many ways for this family-IF there is a chance one or more family members chose to disappear Bob, then this family must be so divided. And in so much pain.

What do we know about outgoing calls showing up as private other than when the caller dials *67 to block their number prior to making an outgoing call? Is that *67 still good everywhere?

I think some land line providers have an option to block the callers number on all outgoing calls but I don't know much about it.

anyone?

For lack of a better angle at this moment, IF SIL did move Bob somewhere, could he have made it to the forest and left him there and returned to the house...only to find housekeeper waiting? I think so.

OR, was Bob incapacitated at the house or inside the garage, SIL comes back from his puttering to find housekeeper and then has to sweat out her presence until she leaves and he can finish up?

We are posting so far from the outside-I know someone asked about this earlier but I wonder what proof there was that SIL arrived home or left Bob's home when he said he did?

I feel terrible in many ways for this family-IF there is a chance one or more family members chose to disappear Bob, then this family must be so divided. And in so much pain.

OMG that describes exactly what I am thinking but in better words than I could come up with. BBM.... I have thought about that too. I can only imagine how that division and pain must be tearing some up......

believe, you brought up Angeles National Forest. What can we find about outdoorsman style hiking and other activities for this national forest? I would like to compile a list of hiking clubs, fishing clubs or other activities and groups that we can ensure we pass along Bobs missing persons info - so their members can be on the look out for anything unusual... even a piece of clothing, remains..... the more that are aware, the more may just give it that little bit of extra thought that something looks out of place when without the knowledge of Bobs missing status something unusual might be missed.

Idea's anyone?

tia

Where was daughter J when SIL was at the house on Monday?

BBM~~

Can you imagine! It could have happened. Mr. Harrod's body could have been hidden within the house, but most likely in the garage.........

BBM~~

Can you imagine! It could have happened. Mr. Harrod's body could have been hidden within the house, but most likely in the garage.........

and possibly in that curio cabinet - sideboard. With as much as was in the garage I doubt the cleaning lady would have entered the garage.

........ I wonder what SIL's demeanor was when he met the cleaning lady.

........It would be so convenient and easy to give that curio cabinet away ( after moving Bob out of it and somewhere else ), so any traces of forensic evidence would be sitting in some unsuspecting persons home - an area LE would surely not find it like in a landfill....

I wonder if JM and SIL will try to get it back? that sure would look suspicious wouldn't it?

ETA: If I was the current owner of the curio cabinet, I would be calling LE and telling them to come get it!

I sure would like to know what work SIL did that day and where he disposed of the old materials.

JMO

Daughter J posted on ROTW at 12:55 pm on July 27, 2009.

With as many wireless devices that are out there, she could have posted from anywhere, including her own phone from Bobs home.......

jmo

on the curio cabinet note......

for all we know it could already be in LE's possesion being processed for forensics.

jmo

CAExile would know if that curio cabinet was once in Bobs garage and if it was still in Bobs garage when he moved from CA to VA. Of course, he would have likely seen the garage when Mrs Harrods belongings were being shipped to CA and if not, I'm sure Bob showed him the model -T he bought for his grandson......

It would be nice to know if that curio cabinet was in the garage when CAExile left for VA.

jmo

CAExile would know if that curio cabinet was once in Bobs garage and if it was still in Bobs garage when he moved from CA to VA. Of course, he would have likely seen the garage when Mrs Harrods belongings were being shipped to CA and if not, I'm sure Bob showed him the model -T he bought for his grandson......

It would be nice to know if that curio cabinet was in the garage when CAExile left for VA.

jmo

Agree.

I wonder if Fontelle saw the cabinet in the garage during her first visit just weeks before.

Fontelle was only there for two weeks before Bob went missing so she may not have seen the garage in such a short time. With CAExile being Bobs neighbor for 7 years it is likely he would recall seeing such an item, if it was from Bob and Georgia's dining room set.

kid calling bbl

CAExile hasn't logged in a long time. Who was it who sent him the email about WS which he wrote about in his blog. If that person is reading and a member can you please send him an email asking him to check the thread about the curio cabinet? And the media campaign if he hasn't checked in. Maybe he is reading and not logging in which is possible.....

tia

and possibly in that curio cabinet - sideboard. With as much as was in the garage I doubt the cleaning lady would have entered the garage.

........ I wonder what SIL's demeanor was when he met the cleaning lady.

........It would be so convenient and easy to give that curio cabinet away ( after moving Bob out of it and somewhere else ), so any traces of forensic evidence would be sitting in some unsuspecting persons home - an area LE would surely not find it like in a landfill....

I wonder if JM and SIL will try to get it back? that sure would look suspicious wouldn't it?

ETA: If I was the current owner of the curio cabinet, I would be calling LE and telling them to come get it!

I sure would like to know what work SIL did that day and where he disposed of the old materials.

JMO

I still am itching to know what was bought at Home Depot. Seems in so many of these cases a trip to Home Depot or Lowes is standard operating procedure to purchase, Um....supplies.

It is, but in this case I think SIL likely purchased items needed for Bobs home. I don't think he would have given LE the receipts if he bought any of 'those kind' of supplies.

Don't know. Daughter R posted about her July 27 phone call on IS:

"LE has looked at D's phone records - know because they did not know which phone call was mine, because I came up as private."

"Times vary as I could not tell you the exact time that I called Dad, I gave an approximate of sometime between 11 and 12 and found later it was probably after 11:30 a.m."

I want to correct myself.

It was daughter P that posted the above, not R.

We know the SIL stopped at a CVS at one point on July 27, 2009. He bought soda and paper plates. We don't know the time or which CVS SIL stopped at.

He could have stopped at the CVS on his way to Mr. Harrod's or shortly after leaving Mr. Harrod's which I believe from the original statements was around 11 or 12 noon.

Daughter J states her father disappears around noon or 1 pm.

Reporter: “J says her husband was with her dad, at his home yesterday. He went to the hardware store alone. When he came back…”

J: “My dad was gone.”

Reporter: “What time?”

J: “We’re thinking maybe 1, noon?”

http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/watch/...9354&src=front

~11:00AM-12:00? – Daughter PB says she called her father and heard her BIL say he was going to the hardware store, and her father “responded in a favorable way.” ( IS post and since removed )

July 28, 2009~~ Daughter J posted on ROTW at 1:50 pm and says that her father has been missing for about 28 hours. That would put the time of Mr. Harrod's disappearance at about 10:00 am on July 27, 2009.

http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/166/53721?page=0

Robert’s son-in-law told cops that in the late morning on July 27, 2009, he had left Robert to run errands at the hardware store, and when he returned, Robert was gone.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=67544

Robert Harrod was last seen at his residence on July 27, 2009 at 11:00 A.M. in the city of Placentia. When a family member returned to the house at approximately 1:00 P.M., Harrod was gone.

http://placentia.org/DocumentView.aspx?DID=102

Harrod was last seen at his residence in the 500 block of Carnation Drive Placentia, California sometime between 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. on July 27, 2009. His son-in-law went to the store and when he returned at 1:00 p.m., he found the front door locked, the housekeeper waiting on the porch, and Harrod missing.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...od_robert.html

"He was at home and seemed in good spirits when I last spoke to him somewhere between 11 a.m. - 12pm. His son-in-law was there doing odd jobs as Dads new wife was returning from Missouri on Wed. 7/29/09. Heard son-in-law say he was going to the hardware store. When he returned the housekeeper was waiting outside and Dad was gone."

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2706/0

See link above: ^

From NaMus page : Case Information:
LKA: July 27, 2009 - 12:00
Date entered: August 18, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors