NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to find solace in the fact that they do have evidence and that they are working to arrest and convict the monster who did this.

I agree. There were some sealed search warrants, as I recall, and I think the returns on those warrants probably included the evidence that led them to change the status to a homicide investigation.

What's really strange to me is the hold she seemingly had on AB. He paid for her trip to Australia, promptly married her, and followed her (with Zahra in tow) back to NC. Looking at her, I just have to shake my head...
do we have confirmation that he paid for her trip to Australia?

If they switch a case (which they have) to a homicide case it's because they have enough evidence to know that the person is no longer alive. Mind you though, that is different than having enough evidence to know where the person is, or who did it.

I wonder if it could be the 'red goo' in the mysterious glove, which oddly, we have heard nothing more about at all? If it were not simply blood, but some kind of other body tissue mixed w/ blood....that would indicate the person it belonged to could no longer be alive...? But still, they wouldn't know for POSITIVE that it belonged to Zahra that quick, unless they got some super-fast DNA testing back on it.

I hadn't realized that EB has previous criminal convictions on her record.

http://www.thestate.com/2010/10/13/1510129/case-of-missing-nc-girl-now-a.html

Court records show Elisa Baker has been charged with some two dozen criminal offenses since the early 1990s, most of them cases of worthless checks.

She has been convicted of passing worthless checks seven times, at stores such as Walmart, Lowe’s and a shoe store. She’s also been charged with about a dozen other worthless check offenses, including seven times at Food Lion and Bottom Dollar in 2009.
Not to be o/t, however it's interesting there isn't any red flag that alerts banks when someone is opening a checking account that there is such a previous history of check fraud. Thankfully many businesses now have an automatic check verification before the customer leaves. MOO

do we have confirmation that he paid for her trip to Australia?

Relatives said Elisa and Adam Baker met online about two years ago. He sent Elisa money to fly to Australia and join them.

The couple married there, Elisa Baker’s sisters said. When Elisa Baker returned to North Carolina last December, she had Adam and his daughter Zahra in tow. The family moved into Elisa Baker’s father’s house.

I hadn't realized that EB has previous criminal convictions on her record.

Court records show Elisa Baker has been charged with some two dozen criminal offenses since the early 1990s, most of them cases of worthless checks.

She has been convicted of passing worthless checks seven times, at stores such as Walmart, Lowe’s and a shoe store. She’s also been charged with about a dozen other worthless check offenses, including seven times at Food Lion and Bottom Dollar in 2009.

God! What a prize. The Australian family must have been just thrilled about their new daughter-in law. :(

What's really strange to me is the hold she seemingly had on AB. He paid for her trip to Australia, promptly married her, and followed her (with Zahra in tow) back to NC. Looking at her, I just have to shake my head...
It brings to mind the saying "love is blind"........or he desperately wanted to come to the U.S. I still can't imagine uprooting a child who has had two bouts with cancer, and needs medical care, to an unknown country. MOO

Not to be o/t, however it's interesting there isn't any red flag that alerts banks when someone is opening a checking account that there is such a previous history of check fraud. Thankfully many businesses now have an automatic check verification before the customer leaves. MOO

When I changed banks two years ago and opened a checking account, they did a complete credit check on me. I know that apartment managers in this area also do this routinely. They won't rent to anyone with bad credit or other negatives, such as criminal convictions. Of course, now with the depressed economy, standards might be a bit looser.

When I changed banks two years ago and opened a checking account, they did a complete credit check on me. I know that apartment managers in this area also do this routinely. They won't rent to anyone with bad credit or other negatives, such as criminal convictions. Of course, now with the depressed economy, standards might be a bit looser.

Or perhaps the accounts were openened under Adam's name??

The couple married there, Elisa Baker’s sisters said. When Elisa Baker returned to North Carolina last December, she had Adam and his daughter Zahra in tow. The family moved into Elisa Baker’s father’s house.

Heckuva plan...:waitasec:

I vaguely remember this...were they living WITH her father, or is he deceased?

O..wait, them living with him and not paying their share of the bills was one of the sources of conflict I think?

Was this (living with her father, can't remember his name) in the timeline?

Wonder where the couple that was everywhere on the media the first couple of days are? He is the one that said he found the "goo glove" and was out at the chipper search. lol...ok I'm wondering if LE told them to ZIP IT.

O..wait, them living with him and not paying their share of the bills was one of the sources of conflict I think?

I believe his name is Marshall Fairchild and I read that the family was upset because they felt SM had taken financial advantage of him.
I'll see if I can find that link!

IIRC they lived with her dad approx. six months.

Which puts it around till may of '09, as they moved to the states Nov. of '08.

It would be in the banks' best interest to at least check for past fraudulent check activity, imo.

KB thinks the attic story is bs according to her comment on AY's FB.

FWIW:

I went back to thread 1 to find the ransom note news as it was breaking. The Charlotte paper was the only one that reported (that I can find) that Coffe had no son, they have since taken that out of the article.

Relatives said Elisa and Adam Baker met online about two years ago. He sent Elisa money to fly to Australia and join them.

Thanks for the link! I wasn't finding it anywhere. :)

KB thinks the attic story is bs according to her comment on AY's FB.
If it's anything like my attic which is basically a crawl space filled with insulation and HVAC lines, I have my doubts also. MOO

Wonder where the couple that was everywhere on the media the first couple of days are? He is the one that said he found the "goo glove" and was out at the chipper search. lol...ok I'm wondering if LE told them to ZIP IT.
Yea - we've heard nothing more about that glove. I'll bet that is part of what they had to declare this a homicide (if not THE factor). Plus, it was described as "red" - if this had been committed other than "recently" it would have been very dark red, brown or even possibly black.

Lord I hope they find this child soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member