NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be in the banks' best interest to at least check for past fraudulent check activity, imo.

Right, one would think they would not even be able to have an acct. with their history....amazing how some folks get away with uh, stuff.

Part of me wonders if we have not heard anything else about it is because it did not exist. IIRC it was soon after that that LE wanted all the raw footage...and now nothing else from those 2. I just felt the hink about it at the time. Ex neighbor and saying how bad things were and then just happens to find the glove? eh, could be, but it bugs me.

Right, one would think they would not even be able to have an acct. with their history....amazing how some folks get away with uh, stuff.
Or at the very least be limited to using a debit card only and no paper checks. ;) MOO

Funny that when you look at the charges all the worthless check charges were in May 2009

5/10/09
5/11/09
5/15/09
5/16/09
5/20/09
5/21/09

Wonder what was going on in May 2009

IIRC they lived with her dad approx. six months.

Which puts it around till may of '09, as they moved to the states Nov. of '08.

So........could all these bad/bounced checks have been written to her dad? Or maybe in conjuction w/ bills they were running up while staying with him?

So........could all these bad/bounced checks have been written to her dad? Or maybe in conjuction w/ bills they were running up while staying with him?
NO - not to her dad - most of them were written to Food Lion (which is a grocery chain in NC). but it was right around the time the conflict with her dad came about and he kicked them out.

NO - not to her dad - most of them were written to Food Lion (which is a grocery chain in NC). but it was right around the time the conflict with her dad came about and he kicked them out.

Ah, ok THANKS Owl.....I hadn't seen it posted before as to who the checks were written to!

It's been reported that all but one check was written at grocery stores. I believe the other one was for past rent.

I'm thinking that Dad gave them an ultimatum in May that they'd better start buying their own groceries and stuff and pulling their own weight or they were out of there. So they did for the month of May, bouncing every check, and then the calls started coming in to Dad's house in June. No surprise they were out of there in July when they moved to that apt with the "attic".

MOO

I know I've seen a timeline on here of places they lived but I can't search threads...anyone remember where that was?

TIA

..elisa's sister on the NG show talks about them living with her father.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1010/13/ng.01.html

CARRIE FAIRCHILD, YOUNGEST SISTER OF MISSING GIRL`S STEPMOM ELISA BAKER:

Well, she just had done our father real wrong. They come back from Australia and moved in with him. And they just said they`d pay the bills and didn`t.

And it just -- everything got cut off on him and everything and half of the family just had a falling out with her over it. And we --

GRACE: Carrie, why did they move so much? Why did they move from place to place?

FAIRCHILD: She`s always done that. I do not know.

Here's what I remember so far:

Nov 08 - July 09 - Lived with her dad (they came back from Aus in Nov 08)
July 09 - Nov 09 - "Attic" apt

Don't know about in between here

?? - Aug 10 Sawmills mobile home
Aug 10 - present - House in Hickory

Can anyone else account for Nov 09 through before the Sawmills mobile home?

Food Lion now has electronic check verification. Maybe that's what pushed her over the edge. :loser:

How could they have no money to buy food, when AB held down a job and worked long hours, etc.? He also (at least in the recent past) had enough money to pay for her plane fare to Australia, and that's usually not cheap.

I would be shocked if they could open a bank account and have checks after all of those charges, without some sort of lying. I made a huge screw up 4 years ago with operating 3 accounts (dont ask lol) and deciding to streamline down to one... Needless to say, I mixed up which accounts had outstanding checks, bounced a few.... I have since paid them all and cleared all of the mistakes, however I still cannot have anything more than a savings account because of that. And there were never charges, and there is no outstanding debt to any banks or stores. It seems like there would have had to at least be a cosigner on any bank accounts IMO

..they were in the trailer and already behind in rent december 2009.

...so they were there presumably from sometime nov.'09 until moving into the hickory house.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...egal-trouble-follow-zahras-parents-ar-462500/

Sims said the Bakers rented a singlewide mobile home in Country Manor Estates in Hudson. He charged $115 per week, according to court documents accompanying the eviction notice he served on Adam Baker in December 2009. Baker owed $1,114 in back rent.
Three months later, Sims filed an eviction notice against Elisa Baker, who owed $1,612 in back rent.

Food Lion now has electronic check verification. Maybe that's what pushed her over the edge. :loser:
See that's what threw me when this all broke. Most stores do have electronic verifying and to be able to get that many bad checks through the system is hard to believe.

I shopped at Food Lion when I lived in NC - that was from 7/03 through 12/05 - now I never wrote checks, always used my debit card so.... but still. EB has to be a well seasoned scammer.

..they were in the trailer and already behind in rent december 2009.

...so they were there presumably from sometime nov.'09 until moving into the hickory house.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...egal-trouble-follow-zahras-parents-ar-462500/

Sims said the Bakers rented a singlewide mobile home in Country Manor Estates in Hudson. He charged $115 per week, according to court documents accompanying the eviction notice he served on Adam Baker in December 2009. Baker owed $1,114 in back rent.
Three months later, Sims filed an eviction notice against Elisa Baker, who owed $1,612 in back rent.
Ok - so we now have

Nov 08 - July 09 with dad
Nov 09 - Mar 10 - Mobile home in Hudson

Mar 10 - Aug 10 - Mobile home in Sawmills (I'm assuming they moved from Hudson to this one)

Aug 10 - present - house in Hickory

Here's what I remember so far:

Nov 08 - July 09 - Lived with her dad (they came back from Aus in Nov 08)

Don't know about in between here

?? - Aug 10 Sawmills mobile home
Aug 10 - present - House in Hickory

Can anyone else account for Nov 09 through before the Sawmills mobile home?

It appear they went right from the apt to the mobile home in early/mid November...

A criminal records check in Catawba and Caldwell counties revealed that the couple is facing a combined total of 18 charges of writing bad checks worth a combined $2,054.58. All but one of the checks were written at area grocery stores. The remaining check, written for $595, was for back rent, said the Bakers’ former landlord Mark Sims.

Three months later, Sims filed an eviction notice against Elisa Baker, who owed $1,612 in back rent. Sims was unclear on the circumstances surrounding the Bakers’ evictions and said he couldn’t remember why two separate eviction notices were served on them.

Confusing that the apt landlord was Mims and the trailer one is Sims. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288