Vacationing in Portland - saw Kyron Billboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenpalm

I don't say much unless I've really thought it thr
Reaction score
I'm visiting Portland this week, and just drove by the billboard in Salem along Interstate 5.

(I lived here in grad school, from 1994 to 2000)

Just wanted to shout-out.

I'm visiting Portland this week, and just drove by the billboard in Salem along Interstate 5.

I saw one that I had never noticed before the other day off of the 205. I'm pretty sure it was new.

Thanks ... I am glad to hear that billboards are still up in the area for Kyron.

:praying: Prayers that Kyron is found soon !

Wow, I didn't realize Portland was a vacation destination! I thought it was only a place you took a vacation from! :crazy:

(For those of you who don't know, we just finished one of the rainiest springs ever recorded. Tired. Of. Rain.)

Between Portland & Medford, I have seen billboards in Salem, outside of Roseburg & between Grants Pass & Medford. Kyron isn't forgotten around here, though most people I know believe he is deceased & don't have much hope he'll ever be found.

Wow, I didn't realize Portland was a vacation destination! I thought it was only a place you took a vacation from! :crazy:

(For those of you who don't know, we just finished one of the rainiest springs ever recorded. Tired. Of. Rain.)

Yeah, we keep hearing, from all the old friends we're visiting here, how rainy this spring has been. I confess, it's pretty hard for me to imagine an extra rainy spring!

As far as why we're vacationing here, it really is because we want to see old friends. When you live somewhere for six years, you make a lot of friends. My poor kids though, they were all born after we moved back. So, I've been doing that thing where you drag them around and people pinch their cheeks, and you keep asking them to be on their best behavior so they don't embarrass you. So, far they've been good! We're about to take them to swim in th hotel's indoor pool. I wish could sneak off and go by the wall of hope & Skyline Elementary, but it's a family trip…. I doubt I'd solve the whole mystery in one visit anyway, in spite of my ambition to do so! Ha!!

I'm going to Roseburg tomorrow. I wonder if Desiree's billboards are still up down there? If I see any, I'll be sure to report back to y'all.

Just wanted to say I am thinking of Kyron and Desiree. Haven't given up on justice for this little boy. I hope whomever is responsible is downright miserable. Especially this Halloween as little children come trick-or-treating.

I saw a billboard and not where I expected! It was off the 5 freeway going toward Winston. I wonder if TH's parents live down that way or if there are just a lot of billboards around and I happened to see the one?

Here's a map of how far Winston is from Roseburg.

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Roseburg,+Oregon&daddr=Winston,+Oregon&hl=en&ll=43.175639,-123.348656&spn=0.122932,0.338173&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=34.176059,86.572266&geocode=FXlukwIdVvSl-CnNWVlLxSLEVDGR_cLXFl6kXw%3BFaL-kQIdpN-k-CmR6OgeDjnEVDHASiLIJ8MbBw&vpsrc=6&mra=ls&t=h&z=12"]Roseburg, OR to Winston, OR - Google Maps[/ame]

Roseburg and Winston are in the same county and relatively close to each other. It is probably a lot cheaper to lease billboards within the county rather than specific billboards.

Glad you got to see one. Hope the right people see them too.

I'm going to Portland over Thanksgiving holiday. I wanted to drive by the wall they have for Kyron. Does anyone know where's it's at? Cross streets would be great. TIA

It's at Extreme Edge Fitness, 16365 NW Twin Oaks Dr. Beaverton, OR. Across from Krispy Creme on NW Cornell

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=16365+nw+twin+oaks+dr+beaverton&hl=en&hnear=16365+NW+Twin+Oaks+Dr,+Beaverton,+Oregon+97006&gl=us&t=m&z=16&vpsrc=0"]16365 nw twin oaks dr beaverton - Google Maps[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail