Heath Ledger has been found dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you SEEN his portrayal of the Joker??? It's extremely disturbing and psychotic.

That means he was a good actor! The Joker escaped from Arkham Asylum, a place where the criminally insane were locked up. He WAS distrubing and psychotic. I think the character was spot on.

What a tragedy.

Natalie Merchant has a beautiful song on her 1995 album "Tigerlily" that she wrote about the death of River Phoenix and the media frenzy that followed. I believe they were friends. I listened to that song for years before I finally realized it was about River Phoenix. Its definitely worth a listen if you are not familiar with it. Its called "River". Here are the lyrics...
[/FONT]
I love NM and especially that song.

Man, I am so sad - I remembering marveling at his acting job in Brokeback Mountain. He had that special something that distinguishes a REALLY GOOD actor.

Reading other places, they seem to think it was suicide. Sleeping pills by his side?

Sad to not see your daughter grow up.

So another one bites the dust--I've never seen this actor in anything he's done--I had heard the name before but I always thought they said his name was KEITH Ledger and not HEATH Ledger--I didn't know he was Australian either--just say No to drugs I guess

I read alot about stars and I didn't know he had addictions.

I think the dude just wanted a real good sleep and just accidentally OD'd.

I was just about to say, I'll bet he was sick or something and mixed something like
Ambien and OTC sleeping aids to get some rest. My daughter said she heard that he had just flown in from London in the last day or two, also, and was probably incredibly jet-lagged and if he was sick, probably just wanted to rest. Such a tragedy....

from a ny times article: link
“Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night,” he [heath ledger] said. “I couldn’t stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going.” One night he took an Ambien, which failed to work. He took a second one and fell into a stupor, only to wake up an hour later, his mind still racing.

Known as a consummate professional, I doubt he would purposely throw two productions into chaos: The Dark Knight (which is in post-production) and the new Terry Gilliam flick (which has been filming for a few weeks). I suspect it was an accidental overdose.

THis is VERY foretelling. Could he have been bi-polar - it said his mind raced so he took one Ambien, then he took another.

I think Ambien can be very addictive.

The article also mentioned he had "James Dean qualities". Very eiry.

My son just reminded me of another movie Heath was in. The Patriots. I loved that move.

How very sad and very tragic...he was one of Australia's best actors and were going to miss him down here terribly.
RIP Heath.

How very sad and very tragic...he was one of Australia's best actors and were going to miss him down here terribly.
RIP Heath.

Is his family still there or do they live in the U.S. (or elsewhere)? I was just thinking how awful it would be for them if they were so far away.

Heath Ledger reminded me of a young Johnny Depp - a very good, versatile actor... no matter the role, he adapted and made it outstanding.

RIP Heath

This is just terrible news ... my 15 year old son first told me and I didn't believe him. I thought he was joking around. I have loved Heath Ledger since I first saw him in Knight's Tale.

I really, really hope this isn't a suicide or drug-related. I hope the reports are that it is a natural death, like the poster who said it's been reported its pneumonia. Its just so hard to believe of him that he was into drugs or suicidal. So, so sad.

Im not sure Shopper but here is the link to our Aussie news page which has a lot of info regarding Heaths death...i think Australia is in shock at the moment,

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=370536

Thanks for the article dingo. What a profound statement for a 28 yr old about dying. I can see why he was referred to as- quote: "He was a very committed and had a maturity and depth of character well beyond his year," he said.

I am stunned about his death. Just a tragedy.

THis is VERY foretelling. Could he have been bi-polar - it said his mind raced so he took one Ambien, then he took another.

I think Ambien can be very addictive.

The article also mentioned he had "James Dean qualities". Very eiry.

The more likely scenario is that he was a long time user of Ambien and it was no longer working for him at recommended dosages. Sometimes people require up to 4x the dosage to get the same effect they experienced during initial use. I have heard all sorts of things from chasing the pills with alcohol to snorting the powder all in order to have the pills work after building a tolerance.

My bet is that he was taking more than just Ambien and there was a deadly interaction between two or more drugs. Some drugs have dangerous side effects when taken together.

I believe I read somewhere that he was a documented bi-polar patient and had a history of drug use. It will be interesting to hear what the ME has to say.

Regardless of the eventual outcome its a shame to have such a young man come to such a terrible end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304