GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread means so much. Thank you, Backwoods, for starting it.
The time when people are missing- before anyone knows they are gone- is such a profound time.

It should be recognized so much more often.

Here for you, Lauren- Christy, family, friends, Butterbean.

bbm: I totally agree. In Lauren's case, it has always just seemed so sad to me. Obviously, it was just the timing -- what with school having ended, expectations of law graduates holing up to study for the bar exam, Lauren's pending move -- clearly Lauren had MANY who loved her and would have been there in half of a heartbeat if only they'd had any idea something was amiss.

I was so glad to see your name pop up on the vigil pages, Oriah!

For those just happening in to Lauren's current thread this evening, welcome to the vigil-in-progress...

th_f8b3370f.gif
th_f8b3370f.gif
th_f8b3370f.gif

MEMORY VIGIL for LAUREN

12 noon June 25 until 12 noon June 30

th_f8b3370f.gif

th_f8b3370f.gif
th_f8b3370f.gif

The idea is to keep at least one person here on Lauren's thread as many hours as possible
during the one-year anniversary of those days when Lauren was missing but no one
realized it yet -- kind of like being here "with her" during that time.

th_f8b3370f.gif

:grouphug:

For more details about the vigil, check earlier
information posts in this thread.

During the vigil, please remember to
post photos, anecdotes, quotes, and your
own thoughts to celebrate Lauren!

bbm: I totally agree. In Lauren's case, it has always just seemed so sad to me. Obviously, it was just the timing -- what with school having ended, expectations of law graduates holing up to study for the bar exam, Lauren's pending move -- clearly Lauren had MANY who loved her and would have been there in half of a heartbeat if only they'd had any idea something was amiss.

I was so glad to see your name pop up on the vigil pages, Oriah!

That's it exactly, Backwoods. It's the unbelievable painful retrospective of time, of a loss than can never be replaced.
Would have done this, should have, couldn't have, did that- didn't do that- didn't know, could never have known.

The heartbreak of every missing persons' loved ones, worldwide- found and unfound. It is so good for folks to respect this time in their lives, to remember it. To know that there are so many others out there, still thinking about that time.

Here for you Lauren, till 10 EST. And then some.

Thinking of Lauren and her family on this anniversary of a tragic day. :(

You are missed, Lauren! :heartbeat:

Honoring Butterbean and his and Lauren's devotion to each other ...

... Honeybelle* is bringing a rose picked from our yard today
to the thread for Lauren. (You may have to click on the link to see Honeybelle and the rose... I can't seem to make it show.)

*Honeybelle's story:

Honeybelle is the mother of the five pups (three boys, two girls) in my avatar.
She is a wonderful, spirited, super-smart and sweet girl, and very devoted.

In Sept. 2010, our beloved Lab mix, Bisket (in the smaller picture), died at the age of approximately 15 years (we didn't know her exact age, because she was a half-grown pup when we found her near a rural dumpster).

I was devastated. Even though I knew Bisket had lived a good, long life and had achingly experienced that she was very sick the last few weeks before she died, I didn't know how I would stand the empty spot she left behind when she went. I soon was on petfinder, etc., looking and looking -- I knew it was a frantic attempt to fill empty arms, and I wasn't sure I was ready, but it got to be almost an obsession. And along with my grief, I felt a little guilty, too -- and hoped Bisket would somehow "understand".

Then, a kind of peace came, with a strong feeling that Bisket was going to send me a dog! I told several people close to me that ... and then I began to worry that somehow I would screw up and not be at the right place at the right time.

A couple of weeks later, Honeybelle showed up as a stray in our neighborhood. She seemed to be about a year old, and she was newly-pregnant. We advertised, but no one claimed her.

I've always said, since, that Bisket was skeptical that one dog could fill the vacancy she left, so she sent six! (Still have four of the pups, now grown; one beautiful little lady went to a new home, where she is cherished -- and I still get to see her from time to time!)

Attachments

• bisketedit.jpg
    bisketedit.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 74
  • honeybelleandroseedit.jpg
    honeybelleandroseedit.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 8
Almost time for me to sign out for a while. The amended schedule for the remainder of the vigil is below -- and I'll still be glad to add any sign-ups!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SCHEDULE for remaining vigil days - (times are Eastern zone)

Thurs., June 28
3doglady: 10 a.m. - 2 or 3 p.m.
Backwoods:
3:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
bessie: as available after 7:30 p.m.

Fri., June 29
pearl: midnight - 2 a.m.
Backwoods: 1 a.m. - 3 a.m.
bessie: as available after 7:30 p.m.

Sat., June 30 (ending at noon)
Backwoods: 10 a.m. - noon

th_f8b3370f.gif
th_f8b3370f.gif
th_f8b3370f.gif

MEMORY VIGIL for LAUREN

12 noon June 25 until 12 noon June 30

th_f8b3370f.gif

th_f8b3370f.gif
th_f8b3370f.gif

The idea is to keep at least one person here on Lauren's thread as many hours as possible during the one-year anniversary of those days when Lauren was missing but no one realized it yet -- kind of like being here "with her" during that time.

th_f8b3370f.gif

:grouphug:

I'lll be sitting at the computer awhile, Backwoods, when you sign off.

Bumping for Lauren's vigil.

Thursday early-comers to this thread, if you don't know about our ongoing Memory Vigil for Lauren, just look through the thread for info notices -- and welcome!

I've been lurking here off and on all day. Just couldn't find the words to post. :rose:

I'm here for Lauren. I didn't know her, but I'm assuming with her legal knowledge, she would have found this an interesting week with the Supreme Court rulings. Maybe she would have had a spirited debate with her friends and coworkers. A lot of people suffered a loss when we lost Lauren. She has already impacted many lives and could have achieved so much. Her family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Backwoods, I loved your dog story. As my name implies, I have three. My two Scotties are old and usually just lay in their bed downstairs all day. After I typed the above post, I turned around and was surprised to see all three dogs sitting there. One has an old injury to his leg and never comes up here. I think it's true that dogs sense when we need a little comfort . My Springer below is my shadow and will help me keep vigil for Lauren today.

Attachments

• Magpie.jpg
    Magpie.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 10
A couple of weeks later, Honeybelle showed up as a stray in our neighborhood. She seemed to be about a year old, and she was newly-pregnant. We advertised, but no one claimed her.

Glad to learn the pups in your avatar are rescues, I thought maybe you were a breeder and there is already too much of that in middle Georgia. I had the exact same thing happen 3 years ago, someone dumped a VERY pregnant 8 mo old dog off in front of my house and 2 days later I had 6 pups to care for. As I am sure you know, finding good homes for mixed breed pups in this area is darn near impossible, i placed 4 of the pups and kept the mother and 2 others, it's been three years now. We all survived but the timing was very unfortunate, I have always had rescues but had decided to buy a very large 1year old field raised protection dog, I was getting ready to pick him up when the pregnant stray arrived. I kept thinking "oh no, this can't be happening, this is the worst possible time" but soon realized it was happening and no rescue in the area was willing to help out.

We all survived. I am glad to hear your unexpected pregnant dog story occurred at the perfect time for you and you were able to really enjoy them. I was utterly overwhelmed, but now that they have all grown up the are truly very sweet and wonderful dogs.

Bumping for Lauren.
Since many of us share a love for animals. I've got 5 cats at my house. 2 live strictly downstairs. 2 live strictly upstairs. 1 is a volunteer cat who lives in our yard. 4 dogs: a golden retriever, a bassett houns, a Pekaweeniehuahua, and a new miniscule chihuahua. I took the volunteer cat, 1 downstairs cat, and the chihuahua to the vet this morning for checkups and yearly shots.

Bumping for Lauren.
Since many of us share a love for animals. I've got 5 cats at my house. 2 live strictly downstairs. 2 live strictly upstairs. 1 is a volunteer cat who lives in our yard. 4 dogs: a golden retriever, a bassett houns, a Pekaweeniehuahua, and a new miniscule chihuahua. I took the volunteer cat, 1 downstairs cat, and the chihuahua to the vet this morning for checkups and yearly shots.

Wow Pearl, that's wonderful! Sounds like some lucky animals to own you.

This is my set up I'm supposed to be painting today. The sunflowers remind me of Lauren's bright smile. Her smile looked like it could light up a room.

Attachments

• DSC00280.JPG
    DSC00280.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics