TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most cases of what are solved by tips? Abducted women? Let's keep in mind that not all cases are the same -- not even all cases of missing or abducted women -- so I think it would be stretching things to suggest that most cases are solved by any one type of information.

But not to diminish the value of tips -- but I wonder what people might think is keeping 'the public' from sharing the information they have? The lack of a suitable Facebook page? I mean, let's say someone knows something -- they know that Holly was abducted, they know this is a bad thing -- what really does anyone think would be holding them back from calling it in?

I'm sorry, I guess I think better of the public -- the same people participating in ground searches.

RE: but I wonder what people might think is keeping 'the public' from sharing the information they have?

Many times witnesses do not realize that the info that they have is important to the investigation. Especially in stranger abductions.

BBM:
Sleuthing can never be exhausted. :)

Maybe we could go back to the beginning again? Pull some schedules from UT, pull the weather, pull community activities-civil and government, pull past community activities, pull hunting permits and schedules, pull a list of abandoned structures, fugitives, pull the RSO's addy's etc...and compile them in a comprehensive file that may help give us new direction- or at least- refocus?
190 "Where is Holly and where is the best way to look for her??"

believe09, actually the best answer to that question is "on foot." But most WS'ers don't live anywhere near here.
"God willin', and the creek don't rise," I'm going to start going down with Southeast Canine, and search.
And I plan to train my border collie in SAR.
I've run out of things to do too, so...

We can donate to CUE on their web site. Also, both CUE and Southeast need bottles of water for searchers.

Cue has a few items you can bid on, I think details are probably on their web page. Southeast is I believe in the process of putting up some items for auction too, but I don't think they have finalized it, because I see the list of sponsors on their web site, but not a link to an auction page. When I do find it, I will be posting it on T. and FB, and here, if anyone wants to look at it. I saw a guitar listed, looked up retail, it's $300. This one is new, and is signed by a lot of C & W artists. The last bid I saw was $200, but I haven't found an end date for the bidding. Just an idea of what I had seen. If this info is inappropriate, mods, feel free to edit it out.

*Oriah, I requested the weather forecast from the weather service for April 13, and I have the email that they sent me with the whole forecast.
Remember, also, the photos of the wet roads in the search photos the first days.

We also have the list of folks who attended one of the social functions, but it may have to go downstairs, maybe a mod could answer if it would be allowed here - I have that list.
We also have the RSO's list, and property owners map information.

If LE reads here, maybe you could do a presser and explain to me how Clint saw silhouettes in a garage from inside the house?

....and did Holly's dog ever track her in the immediate timeframe of her walking towards the woods?

....How much blood? Clint said a puddle. I heard there were splatters on the grass. would you please confirm?

....If the family has been completely cleared, why are you not releasing the 911 tapes?

190 "Where is Holly and where is the best way to look for her??"

believe09, actually the best answer to that question is "on foot." But most WS'ers don't live anywhere near here.
"God willin', and the creek don't rise," I'm going to start going down with Southeast Canine, and search.
And I plan to train my border collie in SAR.
I've run out of things to do too, so...

We can donate to CUE on their web site. Also, both CUE and Southeast need bottles of water for searchers.

Cue has a few items you can bid on, I think details are probably on their web page. Southeast is I believe in the process of putting up some items for auction too, but I don't think they have finalized it, because I see the list of sponsors on their web site, but not a link to an auction page. When I do find it, I will be posting it on T. and FB, and here, if anyone wants to look at it. I saw a guitar listed, looked up retail, it's $300. This one is new, and is signed by a lot of C & W artists. The last bid I saw was $200, but I haven't found an end date for the bidding. Just an idea of what I had seen. If this info is inappropriate, mods, feel free to edit it out.

*Oriah, I requested the weather forecast from the weather service for April 13, and I have the email that they sent me with the whole forecast.
Remember, also, the photos of the wet roads in the search photos the first days.

We also have the list of folks who attended one of the social functions, but it may have to go downstairs, maybe a mod could answer if it would be allowed here - I have that list.
We also have the RSO's list, and property owners map information.

BBM-did you get an answer from a mod, Karen Anne? I would be interested in all of that fwiw.

Most cases of what are solved by tips? Abducted women? Let's keep in mind that not all cases are the same -- not even all cases of missing or abducted women -- so I think it would be stretching things to suggest that most cases are solved by any one type of information.

But not to diminish the value of tips -- but I wonder what people might think is keeping 'the public' from sharing the information they have? The lack of a suitable Facebook page? I mean, let's say someone knows something -- they know that Holly was abducted, they know this is a bad thing -- what really does anyone think would be holding them back from calling it in?

I'm sorry, I guess I think better of the public -- the same people participating in ground searches.
We live in an age of social media - I'm sorry, but we do. Failure to use new tools when old ones have proven ineffective is tantamount to burying one's head in the sand. In particular, those in Holly's age range are comfortable with the new-fangled contrivances: why the heck not use them then?

Of course it's no guarantee; nothing is. But taking it for granted that it won't be effective shows a bit of defeatism, methinks.

What would we post there ?

I'm not going to be able to post any information about anything that is discovered during a SAR search.

I could put posts there that announce upcoming searches, and the dates, photos from the searches afterwards that are posted online by the searchers, but that's all I can think of.

BBM: I completely understand, Karen Anne.

I meant nothing more by that post, other than it is sad to me that so many WS readers don't become active in searches. Even if far away, you can 'virtually' participate via the web. Like you have, posting search information.

Thank you so much for being an active participant in bringing Holly home!

We live in an age of social media - I'm sorry, but we do. Failure to use new tools when old ones have proven ineffective is tantamount to burying one's head in the sand. In particular, those in Holly's age range are comfortable with the new-fangled contrivances: why the heck not use them then?

Of course it's no guarantee; nothing is. But taking it for granted that it won't be effective shows a bit of defeatism, methinks.

Who hasnt taken advantage of social media? Holly's family? LE? Both. I dont understand.

And I am some what lost as to the theory that LE doesnt solve MP/Abducted Women cases with solid detective work. I guess it depends on what you consider solved to be-if it is an arrest, well I know of many where the DA will not prosecute until there is more physical evidence. It may in fact be easier to prove who perpetrated a crime then where they hid a body in this big wide world. :( And if a DA wont prosecute without a body, it doesnt matter whether LE knows who did it....their hands are tied. Imagine how hard THAT must be.

I like the suggestions for some of the work that can still be done in this case. It seems like a positive direction to take.

Awaiting mod approval for some of the information Karen Anne has... :)

Days Holly has been missing: 465
Days since last TBI press release: 460

474 Days since last TBI press release...sad

http://www.policeforum.org/library/sniper-report/Sniper Report[1].pdf

Lessons Learned from the DC Sniper Case

Chief Moose press conference: “We have not
been able to assure anyone of their safety.”
And at another one later in the day,

* Chief Moose releases the letter’s postscript:
“Your children are not safe anywhere at anytime.”

• Asked about the possibility of the FBI taking
over the case, Gary Bald responds: “This continues to be a joint investigation by a large number of state, local and federal agencies . . .
the cooperation that we have is unprecedented in this case.”

The public information officers discussed practical steps for addressing reporters’ questions, determining the media relations responsibilities of key agency personnel and being responsive to community concerns.

• A citizen, Whitney Donahue, having heard
about the Caprice on a radio talk show, spots
the car at a rest stop near Frederick,
Maryland

From these lessons and recommendations, four significant factors emerged
as crucial to an effective law enforcement
response. They represent overarching themes discussed in more detail and illustrated with specific
examples throughout the report. While these
efforts do not account for all of the successes in
this investigation, they were the cornerstones.

• Careful Planning and Preparation
• Defining Roles and Responsibilities
• Managing Information Efficiently
• Maintaining Effective Communication

"Ihe American public is a very valuable resource in investigations"

I feel very sorry for this family, but I especially feel sorry for Mr. Bobo. If LE truly knows who did it and the family knows or they know from Clint's description. How hard would it be to restrain yourself if you saw the person somewhere in town like a store or restaurant? No chance for me. I don't think I could do it. Maybe if I knew she was still alive and there was a chance of her coming home. Otherwise I just couldn't do it.

Okay, this "maybe they know who did it" thing; when would they have figured this out?

Almost a year ago (on 06 August 2011) Holly's mother was pleading for President Obama to please send more help. This was a desperate cry for help from authorities other than those in the state of Tennessee. If they "know who did it," TN LE certainly hadn't told the Bobo family.

Then, on Wednesday, 04 January 2012, Ohio LE, with TBI participation, executed a warrant on the home of Tony Calabrese, claiming obstruction of justice; would they have "known who did it" and still seen fit to carry out that (rather embarrassing, imo) raid?

Certainly the didn't find out who did it between 06 August 2011 and 04 January 2012, then.

So have they found out who did it between early January and early August - in these last seven months? If they "know who did it," would they not discourage the recent and ongoing searches?

They don't "know who did it," for godssakes. I'm not a fan of TBI but even I don't think they'd deliberately hold at least the information that "they know who did it" back from Holly's family, and then let them and others organize and participate in a series of grueling foot searches.

BBM: I completely understand, Karen Anne.

I meant nothing more by that post, other than it is sad to me that so many WS readers don't become active in searches. Even if far away, you can 'virtually' participate via the web. Like you have, posting search information.

Thank you so much for being an active participant in bringing Holly home!

Oh, Lord, Oriah, I never meant for it to sound that way.

It was just a statement in general, that if I am able to go on searches, I understand from what I read, that we are under a confidentiality clause.
My comment was in no way directed to you, sooooo sorry.
('Sides, I know you already know this about the confidentiality thingy.)

BBM-did you get an answer from a mod, Karen Anne? I would be interested in all of that fwiw.

"We also have the list of folks who attended one of the social functions, but it may have to go downstairs, maybe a mod could answer if it would be allowed here - I have that list.
We also have the RSO's list, and property owners map information."

I have not seen a reply anywhere, just yet.

Being that the information is a little sensitive, I think it would be best if a mod could let me know, before I post any of it. If I see no reply when I get caught up here, I'll pm one.

RE: Is there anything online regarding TC's incarceration? Is it related to Holly or totally unrelated?

Have a link, Karen?

Do you mean TB ?

To my knowledge, TC is not in any trouble.

BBM: Thank you so much for being an active participant in bringing Holly home!

Aw, thank you, but I think ya'll are doin just as much. It's just that I started posting again :)

Thanks. I use google notifications for work purposes so I'm familiar with how it works. I'm just wondering if anything comes up for Holly that hasn't already been posted in MSM. Perhaps I'm not making myself clear. lol

OOPS and my bad regarding the initials. I misread TC. Wishful thinking on my part, I guess. Hoping for a break.

N/P

(BBM) Many times I read emails from Google, and check a few forums, and no one is discussing the info yet, so in a way, yes.

"This e-mail is to inform you that Terry Britt has been transferred from Madison County Sheriff's Department to the custody of the Tennessee Department of Correction. The transfer took place on 7/23/2012. As a result, you will no longer receive notifications concerning this offender under your current registration with SAVIN."

JN -I may be wrong about the first initial. Last name is Nickels or Nichols ?
Did I mention him ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member