CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.signalscv.com/section/36/article/104072/

At 5:30 a.m. Friday, officers of the California Highway Patrol found his 2003 Toyota Highlander SUV on its side at the bottom of a 15-foot ravine on the Castaic Lake Main Boat Launch access road. The back window had been shattered.

What troubles Karen Laspisa most, she said, is that her son left his cell phone, laptop and wallet inside the vehicle.

“There was someblood but they don’t know if it’s Bryce’s,” she said, adding investigators are now examining it for clues.

Sheriff's deputies say Laspisa was able to break the back window of his SUV and walked away from the crash.

Searches that included a dive team have turned up nothing. Deputies say two dog teams tracked his scent to the edge of the lake.

From same article: http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=9233705

This went from scary to kind of odd. So he walked away, but hasn't been found? Maybe he got some sort of head injury....

I must confess I am confused. I understand the car was found overturned, his possessions were all inside, he managed to break a window and - presumably - escape the car.

Laguna Niguel is *very* close to me. That's where his parents live. Now am I understanding this right? He lived in Chico, told his mom he was going to tell his gf he was breaking up with her and then driving down to LN to see his parents?

The 1st link is confusing me. He broke down? Called assistance who towed the car but he stayed? CHP talked to him after this and he was ok? Then how did he get the car back? How did it end up in Castaic upside down?

Sorry if I'm missing something. Is there an earlier TL to explain exactly what happened?

Looks like we have two threads going. Maybe a Mod could merge them?

It's fine to have two threads. The other one is for Information and Support only and this one is for Discussion...

I must confess I am confused. I understand the car was found overturned, his possessions were all inside, he managed to break a window and - presumably - escape the car.

Laguna Niguel is *very* close to me. That's where his parents live. Now am I understanding this right? He lived in Chico, told his mom he was going to tell his gf he was breaking up with her and then driving down to LN to see his parents?

The 1st link is confusing me. He broke down? Called assistance who towed the car but he stayed? CHP talked to him after this and he was ok? Then how did he get the car back? How did it end up in Castaic upside down?

Sorry if I'm missing something. Is there an earlier TL to explain exactly what happened?

He drove up to Chico to break up with his gf. I believe he attended school/ lived up there.
He was heading back to LN. It was very late at night. He ran out of gas and roadside assistance brought him gas. For some reason he stayed at that spot long enough that his mom got worried and asked the roadside assistance to go back and check on him. He was still there. At some point - he spoke to his mom and said he was going to pull over and sleep for awhile.
Eventually the car was discovered by CHP. He was nowhere to be found.

Thank you so much AngelaH. I did a bit more searching and the stories seem to be a bit conflicted - MSM. I'm off to read more.

My concern is that it seems he ran out of gas somewhere north of Castaic and also pulled off the road to sleep? I'm hoping whoever wrecked the car didn't take it from him earlier.

I was wondering the same thing. But- I read that they had the dogs out there who tracked his scent to the lake's edge. So it seems he walked away from the wreck.
It's just so odd that LE was out there shortly after it happened but there was no sign of him.

This is a puzzling case!

I hope this young man is found safe, sound, and soon!

:please:

So where his car was found was no where near where he should of been traveling... and he was acting rather odd. I understanding going through a break up and being emotional can make people act irrationally, but this is all very odd. Because everything is so weird you would think LE would want to investigate more! Yes he's an adult. An adult that was involved in an accident and might be hurt or delirious.

I wonder if they have checked with his gf/exgf? Maybe he had second thoughts and called her to pick him up after the accident? Even then you'd think he would of told his family he wasn't coming.

I wish there was a sighting of him walking or something. Anything.

So where his car was found was no where near where he should of been traveling... and he was acting rather odd. I understanding going through a break up and being emotional can make people act irrationally, but this is all very odd. Because everything is so weird you would think LE would want to investigate more! Yes he's an adult. An adult that was involved in an accident and might be hurt or delirious.

I wonder if they have checked with his gf/exgf? Maybe he had second thoughts and called her to pick him up after the accident? Even then you'd think he would of told his family he wasn't coming.

I wish there was a sighting of him walking or something. Anything.

IN this article it says "“Through all of the social media, it has been overwhelming,” said Karen Laspisa. “My son’s girlfriend made a Facebook page,"
So maybe that means the exgf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member