GUILTY NY - Matthew Straton, 31, Rochester, 28 Oct 2013

I have so many questions...

-what led the investigation to this doctor's home/place of business?

-any arrests yet?

???

I have so many questions...

-what led the investigation to this doctor's home/place of business?

-any arrests yet?

???

It says police are being very quiet about the investigation. I'm thinking they may have gotten the information from a snitch. Perhaps someone was arrested for something unrelated, but knew through the grapevine what had happened and where the body was buried. It seems odd that the police would just show up there and start digging.

sorry, serial killer thing was floating around practically everyone in Rochesters facebooks, along with a theory of more bodies.. it is not confirmed.

a Dr owns the house at 27 rowley, uses it as a home office. His last phone ping was in that area within a 1 mile radius. Friends with his brother on faceboon

sorry, serial killer thing was floating around practically everyone in Rochesters facebooks, along with a theory of more bodies.. it is not confirmed.

a Dr owns the house at 27 rowley, uses it as a home office. His last phone ping was in that area within a 1 mile radius. Friends with his brother on faceboon

Just wanted to add that LE won't say anything but the family is positive that it's him. It's all over the news here and considered a big deal. Big enough to bust into regularly scheduled programming.

from link ==> Rochester Police Investigator Frank Camp said Thursday morning that police received a report Wednesday evening about human remains behind the Rowley Street home....... "There are no immediate concerns for public safety in the neighborhood," he said.

I wonder who reported it?

Matthew's brothers both live in the neighborhood where Matthew's body was found, and his cellphone gave a signal from that neighborhood. Did he try to contact his brothers?

I wonder if the killing had nothing to do with the doctor - the killer may have known that the house was unoccupied and used that knowledge when picking a burial location (doctor hadn't been there since the summertime).

I have heard that a lawyer called LE and told them a client of his knew about a body buried there. There is a person LE has questioned more than once so maybe that person broke. .. just a guess.
The family and friends are not giving out any info. yet. They are absolutely devastated. My friends who are close to the family don't know any more than what the news is saying. The police intend to be at the scene all tonight and maybe tomorrow.
My understanding was there were two apartments in the building, but there has been no word about any other occupants. so very sad..

I'm sorry to hear this news...I was just staring at his missing person poster at a local shop this past sunday...
**local info...I did initially hear reports of multiple bodies in the yard...guess it was just a rumor that spread like wildfire...but it does make me wonder if bones were found in more than one location or not. But for certain, at this time...news only reporting Matthew's remains found.

Also, the neighbors keep saying it's a quiet, safe neighborhood. not so much. I'd be scared to walk around there even in daylight. It's behind a big office complex that used to be a hospital. One of my docs is in that building and my sister wouldn't even drive out that way.

I'm sorry to hear this news...I was just staring at his missing person poster at a local shop this past sunday...
**local info...I did initially hear reports of multiple bodies in the yard...guess it was just a rumor that spread like wildfire...but it does make me wonder if bones were found in more than one location or not. But for certain, at this time...news only reporting Matthew's remains found.

one newscaster did say "possibly" another body. I think that's how it started. He's pretty reliable usually, so there might be something to it. They sure are looking for something else back there...

That is what I was wondering...

Who came upon remains buried in the backyard of an MD 's office/residence?

:waitasec:

a lawyer called LE and told them a client of his knew about a body buried there

Steely Dan, I think your siggy is blowing my margins. Not sure if it's like that for anyone else.

I have heard that a lawyer called LE and told them a client of his knew about a body buried there. There is a person LE has questioned more than once so maybe that person broke. .. just a guess.
The family and friends are not giving out any info. yet. They are absolutely devastated. My friends who are close to the family don't know any more than what the news is saying. The police intend to be at the scene all tonight and maybe tomorrow.
My understanding was there were two apartments in the building, but there has been no word about any other occupants. so very sad..

That makes sense.

Also, the neighbors keep saying it's a quiet, safe neighborhood. not so much. I'd be scared to walk around there even in daylight. It's behind a big office complex that used to be a hospital. One of my docs is in that building and my sister wouldn't even drive out that way.

I used to live at the corner of Alexander and East Ave. I don't think it's a bad neighborhood. Of course I lived there over 15 years ago, before the hospital closed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back