GUILTY OR - MaryJane Longo, 34, & 3 children murdered, Newport, 16 Dec 2001

Anngelique

Reaction score
His sister-in-law is filing a $20 million lawsuit against him to keep him from profiting from his horrendous crime! Good for her and I hope she wins!!!! Longo was one sick puppy who deserves the needle more than anyone else I know of.

http://katu.com/stories/73172.html

Anngelique said:
His sister-in-law is filing a $20 million lawsuit against him to keep him from profiting from his horrendous crime! Good for her and I hope she wins!!!! Longo was one sick puppy who deserves the needle more than anyone else I know of.

http://katu.com/stories/73172.html

Good for her. I agree he is one sick pup!

Astonished to just stumble onto the sentencing hearing of this killer of his entire family. Anybody else watching? How much have I missed?? :confused:

lisafremont said:
Astonished to just stumble onto the sentencing hearing of this killer of his entire family. Anybody else watching? How much have I missed?? :confused:
I was not to astonished Lisa, I have seen much media on this as of late. I have posted a few inserts here for those that may have intererst in Longo, or if you have missed any. I followed this (Chitheads case) since I heard about it years ago. Wondering why he would even take the stand? Because he has "EGO OUT THE AZZ- and enjoys telling his story." I heard he was a manipulative dog. Did anyone even need to inform the public of this piece of information, I think not!
I'm sure you have heard what he did while he was on the lamb, using a reporters identity. I have posted in a taste of that information for those that do not know. I saw an interview some time back how the reporter desribed Longo as "Charming, intelligent yet a user", who knew what he was doing when he requested to tell him his story. The reporter felt they would both benefit. What a peice of dirt Longo is.

links I had. http://www.courttv.com/trials/taped/longo/background01.html

some short takes from the link above:

(Court TV) — With his boyish good looks, well-spoken demeanor and religious upbringing, Christian Longo seemed an unlikely candidate for the FBI's Ten Most Wanted list. But when the bodies of his wife and three small children were discovered floating in waters near their Newport, Ore., home, Longo vanished and quickly became the prime suspect.
When authorities finally caught up to him in Mexico — where he had been staying on the beach allegedly impersonating a New York Times travel writer and courting a young German photographer — the 29-year-old Longo returned to Oregon to face charges that he murdered his 34-year-old wife Mary Jane and the couple's three children — Madison, 2, Sadie, 3, and Zachery, 4.

Prosecutors called Longo an ice-cold, calculating serial liar who grew tired of his family. The defense, however, contended Longo was broken by extreme financial hardships — and that he was not responsible for two of the deaths.

Though Longo faced the death penalty if convicted, he pleaded guilty to murdering his wife and youngest child before his trial even began on March 10, 2003. In a bizarre move, Longo admitted to Mary Jane and Madison's murders without any plea deal being offered by prosecutors....con't. on link

Link: http://www.powells.com/biblio?isbn=0312986084

imageDB.cgi
Love, Daddy: The True Story of Accused Con Man and Family Killer Christian Longo

by Carlton Smith

ISBN: 0312986084 (More details...) Available at: Burnside, Quimby Warehouse
Synopses & Reviews

Publisher Comments:

He Looked like the Perfect Dad...
Shortly before Christmas of 2001, the bodies of Mary Jane Longo and her three young children, Zachary, Sadie Ann, and Madison were discovered. They'd been murdered and dumped off the Oregon coast in Yaquina and Alsea Bay. The youngest victim was only two years old. Their father, Christian Longo, was missing.

And Became One of America's Most Wanted
Within days, the twenty-seven-year-old all-American dad was added to the FBI's list of Ten Most Wanted fugitives. As law enforcement officials scoured northern California in pursuit of the suspected family-killer, Longo was already looking for a new job-and a new life-under a new name. Believed to be skilled in identity theft, Christian Longo was on the run. Now investigative reporter Carlton Smith takes a journey into the heart of darkness-from Longo's masquerade as a devoted family man and finally to his capture at a beach camp in Mexico-to uncover the unfathomable trail of a deadly master of deception.

Synopsis:

Acclaim for New York Times bestselling author Carlton Smith

I have more information on this monster but I'm sure that might stimulate a few taste buds and bring his case into focus. I saw all the shows on this man, and was glad after AMW did the case. He should be taken out of society and quick. What ever happenned to divorce Lisa, and all.

C. Longo- LOSER :loser:

G. (always look into their eyes, aim first, ask questions later):clap:

Thanks for bringing this up. I had been trying to remember the author's name as this is one book I really want. I saw the sentencing hearing and can only say Longo's performance was not in the least believable. He forced every gesture and his "learning" about empathy was so incredible. The judge was cool...".not only didn't you fool the jury, you didn't fool me." He is another one that really needed the death penalty. Those poor children and his wife, just buffaloed by him.

concernedperson said:
Thanks for bringing this up. I had been trying to remember the author's name as this is one book I really want. I saw the sentencing hearing and can only say Longo's performance was not in the least believable. He forced every gesture and his "learning" about empathy was so incredible. The judge was cool...".not only didn't you fool the jury, you didn't fool me." He is another one that really needed the death penalty. Those poor children and his wife, just buffaloed by him.
I'm in total agreement with you concerned person. He is one for the death penalty. What kind of man would ambush his family?

OH- concerned person, I think I forget where I was typing:sick: . We see this all the time. He is a cruel, evil and a functioning man which is why we need to put him down.

I'm glad you posted how the Judge called him on his behavior. Nice to see those that are in charge not always being "fooled by these creatures!" Sorry I missed that part. I'm glad we don't want to study his type. He has no knowledge to share on what went wrong with his psyche'; after all, he is just a selfish __________!

Can you imagine what his family went through? I don't even won't to think about all the pain he inflicted upon those that know him. At least, (maybe) the extented family can get peace for their loved ones.

Good bye LONGO. :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: My tears are just pouring out.

CHEERS FOR THIS JUDGE....:clap: :clap:
G

Just read the CTV link that Gozgals provided. If this guy had put half as much effort into working at real jobs, he would have done okay. I got tired just reading about all of his scams, cons, thefts and moves to stay one step ahead of the law.

I guess that his wife must have been so busy with the kids that she believed whatever her husband told her.

i had never heard about this case, but watched the 48 Hours show. how horrible! i hope all of his appeals fail and that he is put to death. i don't care if it takes 20 years, although i hope his appeals process is shorter than that. the way he brutally murdered his children.... :mad:

I was so appalled that I couldn't watch more than maybe, at max, 15 minutes.

Unbelievable.

I remember this case. Didn't he say that his wife murdered the other two kids?
Did he end up getting the death penalty? I sure hope so. I will never understand how a mom or dad can murder their children. Those babies are a part of them. It is just beyond my comprehension. Most parents would lay down their lives to save their children. Anyone who murders a child should be put to death whether it is their own child or a child of someone else.

Bobbisangel said:
I remember this case. Didn't he say that his wife murdered the other two kids?
Did he end up getting the death penalty? I sure hope so. I will never understand how a mom or dad can murder their children. Those babies are a part of them. It is just beyond my comprehension. Most parents would lay down their lives to save their children. Anyone who murders a child should be put to death whether it is their own child or a child of someone else.

you are exactly right on all counts. he DID say the wife murdered the two oldest children! he was given the death penalty, but with all of his appeals he could live another 20 years on death row.

i agree with you that child killers should automatically receive the death penalty. while some adults may say they kill other adults in "self-defense" a la susan polk, there is never any "reason" for an adult to kill a child.

376857_396620863731076_1584134660_n.jpg

FATAL DEVOTION
Final Witness tonight July 11 2012 10:00 pm

Mary Jane Baker Longo murdered by her husband Christian...

Adam Feinstein ‏@adam_feinstein
@sinamungirl hey, glad u liked ‪#finalwitness‬ new orleans ep, i dir'd that one. & this wednesday's! will live tweet at 10p/9c, join& ask q's!
View conversation
Reply Retweet Favorite

Longo is extremely crafty; and would attempt to use the situ to escape. I have absolutely NO DOUBT of this.

Thank you for the update PrimeSuspect. (note, hope this doesn't print over and over, some tech problems presented)

Longo is crafty as stated. I have followed his case from the start.

happy holidays

Gozgals

I had never heard of this story until I watched the trailer and had to google. My eyes were bugging out of my head, I'm sure. Then had to come right to websleuths to see if anything about this case was here. This guy, Christian. Wow. His psychopathy sends shivers down my spine. And turns my stomach. A pure family annihilator.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back